[GUIDE \ MOD] Extended Power Menu [Reboot & Recovery]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR STOCK BASED ICS ROMS ON THE G300

(i will provide a flashable.zip for people who don't want to try them self)

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH YOUR PROBLEMS, POST IN THE THREAD WITH YOUR MODIFIED FILES ATTACHED

things you will need from your ROM

framework.jar

framework-res.apk

android.policy.jar

Tools you will need to work with (links provided)

notepad ++ > http://notepad-plus-...nload/v6.3.html

7zip > http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

jar decomplier / recomplier > http://ubuntuone.com...B9DlVRiSPtmmPtM (How To Use)

apk manager > http://ubuntuone.com...iGEQawtXvjzLq�� (How To Use)

FIRST:

adding resources to the framework-res.apk

start by decompling framework-res.apk with apk manager

navigate to

projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml

using notepad ++ search

<public type="string" name="contact_status_update_attribution" id="0x0104051d" />
below this add the following code

<public type="string" name="reboot_ics" id="0x0104051e" />
<public type="string" name="recovery_ics" id="0x0104051f" />[/code] now search
[code]<public type="drawable" name="stat_sys_upload_done_static" id="0x010805e6" />
below this add the following code

<public type="drawable" name="reboot" id="0x010805e7" />
<public type="drawable" name="recovery" id="0x010805e8" /> [/code] [b]save and exit[/b] navigate to projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\strings.xml add the following code below <resources>
[code]
<string name="reboot_ics">Reboot</string>
<string name="recovery_ics">Recovery</string>
save and exit download the resorces from the link below and add the two .png images to projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi LINK :http://www.solidfile...m/d/43dbd2924d/ now recompile the framework-res.apk DO NOT SIGN IT! SECOND: shutdown thread decompile framework.jar with "jar decompiler / compiler" navigate to classout\com\android\internal\app delete the whole of huawei's shutdown thread, all files that start with > ShutdownThread it should be the last eight files in the folder now add my modified shutdown thread, copy all the files in the link below to the folder classout\com\android\internal\app LINK: http://www.solidfile...m/d/d0ae175b78/ now we are done with the framework, compile it and add the new classes.dex inside the framework.jar (use 7zip) delete the classes folder as we are finished with that THIRD: global actions decompile android.policy.jar with "jar decompiler / compiler" navigate to classout\com\android\internal\policy\impl\GlobalActions.smali open it with notepad ++ use the search function and search > .line 187 delete all code from and including .line 187 up to .line 212 (delete all code shown below)

.line 187
const-string v0, "true"

const-string v1, "ro.config.hw_quickpoweron"

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/os/SystemProperties;->get(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Ljava/lang/String;->equals(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_5f

.line 188
iget-object v9, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mItems:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

new-instance v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$3;

const v4, 0x202000b

move-object v1, p0

move v2, v12

move v3, v12

move v5, v11

move v6, v11

invoke-direct/range {v0 .. v6}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$3;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;IIIII)V

invoke-virtual {v9, v0}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
[/code] now below [b].line 212[/b] delete
[code] :cond_5f
OK, that's huawei's stuff removed, now we can add my code add the following code above .line 212

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mItems:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

new-instance v1, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;

const v2, 0x10805e7

const v3, 0x104051e

invoke-direct {v1, p0, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mItems:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

new-instance v1, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$10;

const v2, 0x10805e8

const v3, 0x104051f

invoke-direct {v1, p0, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$10;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
[/code]

[b]save and exit [/b]

add the two files in the link below to

classout\com\android\internal\policy\impl\

[b]LINK: [/b]http://www.solidfile...m/d/cb277673ef/

now we are done with android.policy, compile it and add the new classes.dex inside the android.policy.jar (use 7zip)

delete the classes folder as we are finished with that

[b]FOURTH:[/b]

check your build.prop for this line and change it to false

ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

[b]done... add the new files to your ROM[/b]

framework.jar

framework-res.apk

android.policy.jar

Big thanks for this, tillaz. I've never looked at adding extended power menu options before so some of this was new to me but that guide was very easy to understand and follow. I now have a power menu recovery option in the dev build of Stock+. Job well done. :)

Edited by Cyda

Guest kyan31

Yay, it worked perfectly! I also added custom settings, :)

post-969101-0-55594500-1362273844_thumb.post-969101-0-85746400-1362273845_thumb.post-969101-0-03823700-1362273847_thumb.

Thanks SO much Tillaz, your awesome dude ;) Now lightning ROM has a new boost of energy

Edited by kyan31

Guest Rashid6156

tillaz i love your work....will try this Mod in the morning......i hope it will work on Bruno's SGS3 Rom based on B952.

I don't have paypal, cant get one in Pakistan.....is there any other way to donate....? may be by buying your stuff on Google play

Guest Rashid6156

i have tried my best...but recompiling of framework-res.apk was killing me....its public.xml that was giving error :-(

i almost gave up when i saw kyan's mod....i got the desired framework files and they did the job....thanks a lot tillaz and kyan :-)

11rpq9x.png

Edited by Rashid6156

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tillaz

I tried but always gave error to compile the apk, cam you please provide me the flashable.zip ?

thanks

send me your log.txt from apk manager

• 5 months later...

Hi, great guide, written well. I tried to modify the power menu of my ascend y300 with a stock ROM but I can't find files at the second step

"delete the whole of huawei's shutdown thread, all files that start with > ShutdownThread"
. Is it possible to have an updated guide for ascend y300 or you can send me the files to add? Thank you very much.