noob questions about ROMs

Guest henrythedog

Guest henrythedog

Hi all, sorry for the noob questions here, but I am a fast learner (I hope that helps) ;P

OK, so I today unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed CWM by following the "explained like you're 5" topic.

Downloaded and flashed the ICS stock + ROM [b960 - R5]

OK, so all is well and I am pleased with the results so far... haven't had any problems other than very minor ones that I have fixed... and by that I don't mean problems with the ROM, more like user error and found the way round.

Anyway, so my questions I would like answered are:-

1) With the above ROM it doesn't say whether CWM is installed by default after flashing... I know that SU is there and phone is still rooted, so just would like to know if I would again have to flash/DL CWM onto my phone again in case I want to try another ROM please?

2) When I have another ROM I want to try, do I have to downgrade my phone again by flashing on one of the stock ROMs again and start from scratch? or can I just wipe the phone through CWM and install another ROM?

Although I know a little about flashing etc, I'm still a relative noob with android, so sorry again if this has been covered elsewhere, I did have a look around, but there is a ton of info around and it's very hard to wade through when you're after specifics, so thankyou in advance for helping me out if you can :D

Guest henrythedog

Oh, just wanted to add that before I flashed to the above ROM, I was already running B952d ICS with the 2030 baseband... and still have that ROM backed up with nandroid on my phone mem card and also backed up to PC. I also have the original DLOAD etc if I need to re-flash that ROM back on sometime and also backed up my IMEI.

Guest Colossae3.23

You only need to downgrade if you ever want to go back to GB, or change baseband. I've done neither since changing to 2030

Guest bladebuddy

Once you have rooted and have CWM recovery installed you can flash all ICS/JB based rom's. (2030) baseband. You will now only need to flash a official Huawei/ vodafone app if you what to go back to stock GB roms. So to put it easy, you're good to go and enjoy most of the rom's on here.

Guest bladebuddy
Once you have rooted and have CWM recovery installed you can flash all ICS/JB based rom's. (2030) baseband. You will now only need to flash a official Huawei/ vodafone app if you what to go back to stock GB roms. So to put it easy, you're good to go and enjoy most of the rom's on here.

Already answered above.

Guest henrythedog

Cool, thanks for answering my questions guys.. I know it may have seemed stupid, but I woiuld much rather ask a foolish question now than to DO something foolish :)

Still don't know if I actually have CWM installed, but suppose I could try it and see.... now why didn't I think of that earlier, LOL

[edit] OK yes that was rather folish of me... no sooner had I pressed my on/off button to reboot, I noticed that it has the option <recovery> - so that answered my question I guess, anyway thanks guys :)

Edited by henrythedog

Guest fr0do

"recovery" will be there as an option if it's there or not. Actually reboot to it and see if it works.

How do you know if your nandroid is good? Did you test it?

Guest henrythedog

Nope, didn't test the nandroid backup... don't know how to test it even apart from loading into recovery and see if it works maybe? and yes CWM still works, tested it and all is fine :)