217 replies to this topic

PrFirmin

PrFirmin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Hi!

I am wondering if instead of installing B952, unlock and reinstall the ROM, you could just reinstall the official bootloader, unlock it then reinstall CWM (of course it would only work with ICS stock based ROM)?

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
I would guess that should work, we won't know for sure until someone tries it tho.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Just contacted huawei about that, and also asked them for the password, and I got it :)
One Problem. ADB does not work with my windows 8 PC! :P

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

PrFirmin

PrFirmin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
@hippy dave: then I volunteer to be the guinea pig because I am way too lazy to do the full reinstalls :D

@george109: maybe you could use a Live CD/USB? Adb works great on Linux too (I know this for a fact). Plus there is no need for a special USB driver.

Edited by PrFirmin, 20 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
I tried this http://www.modaco.co...de-release-rom/ didn't work since bootloader stays unlocked from previous time and plus CWM still there..I wasn't able to go thru process of unlocking at all..Then it got me that I still have CWM ( which means that bootloader is unlocked).So I just flashed B952 from Huawei official and everything's fine.Unlocked bootloader with no problems , checked it says unlocked..Then instead of installing new rom I recovered Slim form CWM (too lazy to install all back again)..so far no 3G reboots will monitor..

Just contacted huawei about that, and also asked them for the password, and I got it :)
One Problem. ADB does not work with my windows 8 PC! :P

Try this mate..

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1583801

Edited by denzele, 21 April 2013 - 12:33 AM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Sorry to be annoying but could someone tell me exactly what to say in the email and what the address is? Thanks

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Today I provided [email protected] with my imei and serial number and asked for a u8815/g300 bootloader unlock code. I also told them I was on the general release of b952.

I guess that should do it

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
If you get the unlock code what is the use of it? You unlock the bootloader and then what?
Simply you no longer have to hack the bootloader to install CWM? What is the profit out of it?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

If you get the unlock code what is the use of it? You unlock the bootloader and then what?
Simply you no longer have to hack the bootloader to install CWM? What is the profit out of it?

Hack unlock means that when you use 3G or HSPA sometimes you get random reboots. This should stop if you officially unlock it.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

@george109: maybe you could use a Live CD/USB? Adb works great on Linux too (I know this for a fact). Plus there is no need for a special USB driver.

I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip :)

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hack unlock means that when you use 3G or HSPA sometimes you get random reboots. This should stop if you officially unlock it.

This is 100% for everyone? Cause i've checked the dev threads for known bugs and i haven't seen this mentioned, at least from OP.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

This is 100% for everyone? Cause i've checked the dev threads for known bugs and i haven't seen this mentioned, at least from OP.

Which rom you're using?Do you have any 3G reboots?If you don't have any then don't ask for unlock code because you don't need it..And yes mate this is like (3G reboots) NO.1 bug that stopping a lot of us of using better roms such as CM's..

Well not anymore in my case since unlock code from Huawei fixed that...:D

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366617980.109405.jpg   145.7KB   98 downloads Just received this. ??

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Guys I will definatly try one of the custom roms after I unlock bootloader. But I have one question.
Do I need to root phone before unlocking bootloader, or I can root it after bootloader unlocking??

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366617980.109405.jpg   145.7KB   98 downloads Just received this. ??

same here.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

j4r0l

j4r0l

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

And yes mate this is like (3G reboots) NO.1 bug that stopping a lot of us of using better roms such as CM's..

Well,can sb explain me,how could just slower net connection stop me from using cm,since with 2g only,there are no reboots(confirmed) and lesser battery drain(i cant compare,but it should be truth)?what are the needs for 3g?2sec faster loading web page?faster download speeds?ppl cmon ;) i believe that exchanging some net speed for cm is good deal,isnt it?i find this much better solution than hassling with bootloaders,basebands and all other more or less working options presented here on modaco,until dazzozo finds a way to unlock it "officially"..i believe he will manage it,somehow with his dark magic skills,they are awesome ;)

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Well,can sb explain me,how could just slower net connection stop me from using cm,since with 2g only,there are no reboots(confirmed) and lesser battery drain(i cant compare,but it should be truth)?what are the needs for 3g?2sec faster loading web page?faster download speeds?ppl cmon ;) i believe that exchanging some net speed for cm is good deal,isnt it?i find this much better solution than hassling with bootloaders,basebands and all other more or less working options presented here on modaco,until dazzozo finds a way to unlock it "officially"..i believe he will manage it,somehow with his dark magic skills,they are awesome ;)

It's not just about net connection mate in my case ..Reason for 3G is better coverage as well which is my goal..2G is fine but sometimes it would loose signal due to poor connection ..with 3G there's no such issues ..I'm not sure it's just "2 sec" faster speed between 2G and 3G over here ..much better respond on 3G..

same here.

Something's up with Huawei again I guess since they sending this responds...

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I think this photo explains everything..

Posted Image

Edited by denzele, 22 April 2013 - 02:05 PM.

daVil

daVil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:G300
I dont know if it has been covered already but isn't it possible to backup an unlocked bootloader so that others can install it?

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao

I dont know if it has been covered already but isn't it possible to backup an unlocked bootloader so that others can install it?

No, because the bootloader's the same. There's just something very early in the boot process that allows it to run unsigned code, officially. We have virtually no hope of getting that "something" out for general use.

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users