Standard launcher

What added:

Root Explorer

Nova Launcher

Holo Locker

Google Play Music

This is how to install the ROM:

1)copy the ROM to the SD card

2)to get into recovery,there to ways a)download recovery manager from play(as it gives you a quick way to boot into recovery.or b)plug the phone via a usb cable into the computer press the start icon and in run..... and type adb reboot recovery, or via terminal emulator

​ 3)(in recovery)select `back up and restore`(use the vol buttons move up/down and power button to select)select back up and the recovery will back up your present ROM and settings)

​4)go back to main menu and select `wipe data/factory reset.

5)then select wipe cache partition then go back to main menu

6)go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache then go back to main menu

7)go to mounts and storage select format system then go back to main menu

8)go to install zip from sd card and select starscream zip/ROM

9)after it installs go back to main menu and select reboot system now a fix root icon should come up and select yes or you will lose root.

10)enjoy the ROM!

this maybe long winded,but after a while it will become second nature to do this,its just the the first few times installing ROMS can be a pain.

When you start the phone is in russina language, but you can select english

- secret hero (who develop this rom)

- 4PDA.ru forum where we can find this rom

- rassha (who find that forum and tried this rom)

- sam tyler (who tried this rom too and thanks for images :D)

i hope all it's correct, if it is not please modify this thread

Edited by Loki86

Guest sam tyler

don't forget some may have to format system as well.it does say on the other site that if you do you may lose your imel number.but I didn't.had to that (format system)as it didn't take the first time I tried it and it never said fix root.but it did after I installed it again. and the wallpaper you see in the screenshots is what I put on my phone :-) you will see 4.0.3 wallpaper when you install the rom.just remember to back up your current rom in recovery just in case it goes wrong.so you can roll back to stock rom.

Guest Loki86

so i have to format system or not?

and i could lose my imei if i do that?

how can backup imei?

tell me and i'll upgrade first post

Guest sam tyler

this is how to install the ROM.

1)copy the ROM to the SD card

2)to get into recovery,there are two ways a)download recovery manager from play(as it gives you a quick way to boot into recovery.or b)plug the phone via a usb cable into the computer press the start icon and in run..... and type adb reboot recovery, or via terminal emulator

​3)(in recovery)select `back up and restore`(use the vol buttons to move up/down and the power button to select)select back up and the recovery will back up your present ROM and settings)

​4)go back to main menu and select `wipe data/factory reset then go back to main menu.

5)then select wipe cache partition then go back to main menu

6)go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache then go back to main menu

7)go to mounts and storage select format system then go back to main menu

8)go to install zip from sd card and select starscream zip/ROM

9)after it installs go back to main menu and select reboot system now a fix root icon should come up and select yes or you will lose root.

10)enjoy the ROM!

this maybe long winded,but after a while it will become second nature to do this,its just the the first few times installing ROMS can be a pain.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

it was all so easy on the zte racer and zte blade! :D hope the guide helps everyone.but as there are not many people on here yet with this phone(and not many people making ROMS for our phone).,its hard to get advice but i learnt more as i have the zte blade and of course there are more dev`s and people willing to help if you get stuck(on that forum ).but hopefully more will pick up on this phone.

Guest sam tyler

i have just put a post on the zte blade 3 forum for KonstaT(on his recovery thread) to have a look here if he has the time.so you never know.....

Guest sam tyler

last night i also downloaded the rom(from the same site ) for the zte V970(the Russian version of our phone) ( ZTE V970V1.0.0B05 )that one works as well,and i believe the ROM on this thread is based this one.i gave it a quick go,and it works as well.its like a stock ROM,minus the weather clock,the live mushroom wallpaper and most of the apps from the grand x are on it.(minus X-office and the games)so if any one is on a stock ROM that ends with B01/2/3(check in settings/about phone/build number) people should download it but after you down load it you must extract it(on the comp or the phone) so it can be flashed in recovery, and then put it on the sd card and install it in recovery. so that's two ROMS at least.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest Dionisius

Hi friends, finally activity on v970, :wub: i fallow rusian forums for some time, they have 2stable roms on 4.0.3 base, 1 its this one, and other its (kgdma 2.0) it is more for those who want a rom without any apk + they hawe there some interesting apk like "beats audio" or "make me loud" and more...

sry my english from translate :unsure:

by the way SAM TYLER can you give me an pm with how to instal the root and cwm, i try to root but dont get aniting good... gest error ken you help a noob white a full description of what i need to do pls

Guest Dionisius

my device dont want root, i try u970 then rusian version of root but nothing

u970 at least restart 3 tims my device but then instal root explorer, show "yor phone isnt root search on google how" :(

anyway thanks for the advice

Edited by Dionisius

Guest Dionisius

on rusian site its that methot gest its v15 now its v18 from december... its show (dont finde device "11 times" then pres enter for finish, whithout any emotions from the device)

i gona try this version...