Wifi issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Discussion about wifi issues on ZTE Acqua when using Blade III ROMs.

Does wifi work on your device? Wifi doesn't work?

• What is your stock firmware version?
  • Where/when did you purchase your device?

Current suggested workaround is to flash official German or Slovak firmware before flashing e.g. CyanogenMod. Does this work for you?

Guest Di0g0

Hi

Wifi doesn't work on mine, it's a TMN SMART A15 (Acqua) I bought this phone 1 month ago.

KonstaT how can it be possible? (The workaround) if before flashing e.g CyanogenMod we format the system,etc, and nothing remains from the old ROM.

Edited by Di0g0

Guest KonstaT

Lol, and I thought that if I opened a new thread I wouldn't have to answer same questions several times. :P I already answered you this twice!

There is a bunch of low level firmware included in official updates (radio firmware, bootloader). These will stay on your device no matter which custom ROM you install.

You can't wipe your baseband or bootloader with ClockWorkMod. If you could, your device would never ever boot again.

papars now posted a flashable zip that contains this low level firmware that is normally only included in official updates (not in custom ROMs).

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2098001

Guest perez1311

i have the portuguese variant, the TMN smart a15 but i had the medion recovery before i flashed the CWM.

wifi is working fine.

next saturday when i have time i will try the slovak and the greek recoveries to see if the wifi still works.

if until then someone uploads the portuguese recovery i will try that too.

Guest KonstaT

@perez1311

I honestly hope that every time you've written recovery, you've actually meant firmware. :P Did you flash the German update?

Recovery partition makes no difference what so ever! You have ClockWorkMod there, it doesn't matter what was there initially or yesterday - it's completely gone and overwritten with CWM.

Guest Di0g0

@perez1311

I honestly hope that every time you've written recovery, you've actually meant firmware.

Recovery partition makes no difference what so ever! You have ClockWorkMod there, it doesn't matter what was there initially or yesterday - it's completely gone and overwritten with CWM.

I think perez1311 is referring to what you're thinking KonstaT...

Edited by Di0g0

Guest perez1311

@perez1311

I honestly hope that every time you've written recovery, you've actually meant firmware. :P Did you flash the German update?

yes, by recovery i mean flashing the original recovery and then flash the original zip from zte, sorry if i wasn't too clear.

Guest DarkMega

I also have a TMN Smart a15 (Acqua). I bought him 1 month and a half ago and it came with ICS 4.0.4.

I've flashed my device with your both CyanogenMod Roms (4.1.2 and 4.2.2), for Blade III of course, and the Wi-Fi always work.

If anyone need some help from me, for anything, just ask!

Guest papars

I've made CWM flashable zips for updating the non standard partitions in the ZTE AQCUA.

Use with caution. WARNING if this procedure fails then you will end up with a brick!!!!

The reason for these files is to "fix" a problem with non working wifi if you install the Blade III CM10.x versions.

I repeat. If you have installed Blade III CM10.x and the wifi is working DO NOT install these files. Please DON'T.

The files are taken from the original update files (from the ZTE web site).

What is flashed:

"qcsbl.mbn" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"

"fat.bin" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p13"

"qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1"

"OEMSBL.MBN" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3"

"EMMCBOOT.MBN" at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p15"

Splash / Recovery partition or other part of the ROM is not touched.

I note of warning. If you want to experiment with any of the emmc partitions make sure the files you flash onto them fit. If you try to flash a bigger file then unpredictable things will happen!

German B04 partitions: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17982603/ZTE-Acqua-German-B04-ICS-Partitions.zip

Slovak B07 partitions: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17982603/ZTE-Acqua-Slovak-B07-ICS-Partitions.zip

Guest Di0g0

What is the difference between the slovak and german?

"WARNING if this procedure fails then you will end up with a brick!!!!" - There is a lot of possibility? :S

Thanks

Guest papars

Only ZTE knows the differences.

As for brick, I have done several times my phone and it worked without problem. But I do not like flashing bootloaders, anything can go wrong.

Guest papars

I found a "difference" between Greek and Slovak special partitions.

I'm using ICS (B07) for months now. I had the Greek special partitions but I had flashed the Slovak main ROM.

A couple of days now I have flashed the full Slovak official ROM (the official zip with all the bells and whistles) in order to start using CM10.x and I notice this:

The wifi does not wake up after overnight charge. It is shown as enabled but will not find any network. I have to momentarily switch it off and on to get it working.

Maybe I should test the German ROM and later test CM10.x

Guest _InCoGnIt_

I found a "difference" between Greek and Slovak special partitions.

I'm using ICS (B07) for months now. I had the Greek special partitions but I had flashed the Slovak main ROM.

A couple of days now I have flashed the full Slovak official ROM (the official zip with all the bells and whistles) in order to start using CM10.x and I notice this:

The wifi does not wake up after overnight charge. It is shown as enabled but will not find any network. I have to momentarily switch it off and on to get it working.

Maybe I should test the German ROM and later test CM10.x

papars, you where one of the "non working wifi" with ZTE Acqua. Now you have a working wifi with CM10.

Can you explain how to make it work step by step because i´m not understanding about the flashing partitions you have posted above please?

I´m gonna install CWM today, no matter what... and want to try your steps because at least thats a working guarantee :D

Guest AgenteAlves

papars, you where one of the "non working wifi" with ZTE Acqua. Now you have a working wifi with CM10.

Can you explain how to make it work step by step because i´m not understanding about the flashing partitions you have posted above please?

I´m gonna install CWM today, no matter what... and want to try your steps because at least thats a working guarantee :D

I want test this to!! :) please give us a step by step guide....

Guest papars

Guys is easy.

Copy the zip files (do not extract) in the sd card.

Install CWM - check the relevant tread.

Then enter CWM and install the German or the Slovak partitions before you load CM10.x (using the option "install zip from sdcard")

It only takes 3 -4 seconds to install the partitions.

Reboot.

Guest Di0g0

Guys is easy.

Copy the zip files (do not extract) in the sd card.

Install CWM - check the relevant tread.

Then enter CWM and install the German or the Slovak partitions before you load CM10.x (using the option "install zip from sdcard")

It only takes 3 -4 seconds to install the partitions.

Reboot.

After that install the CM10.X? Or I flash the partitions with the CM10.X installed?

Guest _InCoGnIt_

I'v tested and i stiil have no wifi connections :S i tried both of zip files :S

Wich rom you had before doing all? The Portuguese one or you try de German or Slovak?

I´ve done everything as said above, i allready have cwm working but no wifi with CM10 and German official partitions.

Edited by _InCoGnIt_

Guest Di0g0

Wich rom you had before doing all? The Portuguese one or you try de German or Slovak?

I´ve done everything as said above, i allready have cwm working but no wifi with CM10 and German official partitions.

And wich rom you had before ? (The same question for you..)

Guest _InCoGnIt_

And wich rom you had before ? (The same question for you..)

The Medion rom from Germany. I will try with the Slovak rom next.

Guest AgenteAlves

Before all i have the portuguese rom... i don´t have any one... :S Can you give me that?

Guest _InCoGnIt_

Before all i have the portuguese rom... i don´t have any one... :S Can you give me that?

You have them all in the stock roms thread.

Guest thmnss

After installing the rom from Medion, and then again CM10.1 have the WIFI running at 50% ... loool

It takes a long time to connect, and the connection is always unstable and falling ... when it loses the connection, I have to disconnect and reconnect the WIFI to work again, after that works "normally" ...

Well it is always better than not having WiFi connections at all ...