• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

toby0897

toby0897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua
I have telecom NZ ROM and my WiFi is working, although apparently the baseband is made for this specific region so not sure what the repercussions will be if u flash it

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
With the TMN (Portugal) partitions it also works.

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Just flashed the Konsta 4.1.2 version of blade iii in my ZTE Acqua Greek Wind Version and everything works great!

Cheers!

Edited by scotous, 04 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi again, I dont know whether I should open a new topic but I have minor issues in my Greek Wind Zte Acqua with Konsta 4.1.2 Rom.

The brightness levels do not work and remain very dark (if i set the autobacklight sensor levels to anything else the brightness level works great but if the device locks it doesnt come bright again. I have to load default for them work)

And The speaker does not work in the normal mobile version.They work in Skype and Viber however.

The wifi sleep does not work aslo as well. It sleeps after 15 minutes no matter what settings i give

Edited by scotous, 06 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

and84

and84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hey, I have a friend with the portuguese TMN a15 and I've installed CWM but after flashing Konstat's ROM there is no wi-fi (I've reverted to the original ROM).

I've tried flashing the partitions papars made avaliable but still there's no wifi connection. Is there anything else that can be done? Thanks

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I have installed CM10 (14 May version) and I came across I very odd wifi situation.
The phone connects without any problem in my asus router and to a belkin router but refuses to connect to a fritz! router and most others I tried.

It doesn't matter what encryption is used in routers. Even in open access points it refuses to connect.

Unfortunately that means, despite the efforts, is not possible to use Blade3 CM10 roms in Acqua if wifi is needed.

UPDATE:
I've installed atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip from the Blade III forum and wifi seems to be working great. BT works without problem.
I have to remind people reading this, that I have installed either the Slovak or Medion system partitions to get my WIND (Greece) to operate wifi with Blade3 images.

Also I notice that "ro.product.name" value in build.prop affects the wifi behavior. It might sound strange but I wanted to change the value from "atlas40" to something else and it killed wifi. Setting back to "atlas40" brought back wifi operation.

Just to complete the transition story -from stock to 4.1.2- I must say that restoring applications + data was a bit of a pain.

Edited by papars, 10 June 2013 - 06:37 AM.

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:ZTE ACQUA JB 4.1.2

I have installed CM10 (14 May version) and I came across I very odd wifi situation.
The phone connects without any problem in my asus router and to a belkin router but refuses to connect to a fritz! router and most others I tried.

It doesn't matter what encryption is used in routers. Even in open access points it refuses to connect.

Unfortunately that means, despite the efforts, is not possible to use Blade3 CM10 roms in Acqua if wifi is needed.

UPDATE:
I've installed atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip from the Blade III forum and wifi seems to be working great. BT works without problem.
I have to remind people reading this, that I have installed either the Slovak or Medion system partitions to get my WIND (Greece) to operate wifi with Blade3 images.

Also I notice that "ro.product.name" value in build.prop affects the wifi behavior. It might sound strange but I wanted to change the value from "atlas40" to something else and it killed wifi. Setting back to "atlas40" brought back wifi operation.

Just to complete the transition story -from stock to 4.1.2- I must say that restoring applications + data was a bit of a pain.

So do I have to install Slovack Rom first and then the Slovack Recovery or backwards?
And after that I install Konstats CWM and then the atlas40_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip?(please give me the link)
A step by step guide would be usefull mate!

Πaτριδa, κaνε ενaν κοπο κaι γρaψε ενaν οδηγο γιaτι εχω χaσει τον μπουσουλa εδω μεσa... Εχω ηδη ρουτaρει κaι εγκaτaστησει του Konstat το CWM.

Edited by epyloxias, 10 June 2013 - 07:56 PM.

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
The procedure is really simple if you have CWM installed already.

Copy the required files in the root of your SD card before you begin. Remove SIM card from the phone.

0. Backup! Backup! Backup! From Titanium and from CWM. Titanium backup can be used to migrate your applications to the new ROM. CWM (nandroid) backup will revert your phone back to the previous state if something is not right with the new ROM.

1. Update CWM from here: http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/
Go to CWM and flash the newer zip if you have an older version.

2. From CWM perform wipe / factory reset / format Dalvic.

3. From CWM install this: http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-blade-3/
or this: http://www.modaco.co...10-android-412/
Do not install gapps. Reboot and let the ROM work for, say, 5 minutes.

4. Check to see if wifi is working. If is not working, then you MIGHT get it to work, by loading either the German or Slovak partitions found here
http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2098140
Again this is done from CWM.
Flash first the German. Boot the phone and check wifi. If is not working repeat with the Slovak. If still not working then only solution is to restore your old rom from the backup. I have no further ideas.

5. If wifi is working with new rom, then go to CWM and install gapps. Boot the phone and wait few minutes. Go to the system settings and disable mobile data, then shutdown and insert your SIM card.

Have fun.

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

The procedure is really simple if you have CWM installed already.

Copy the required files in the root of your SD card before you begin. Remove SIM card from the phone.

0. Backup! Backup! Backup! From Titanium and from CWM. Titanium backup can be used to migrate your applications to the new ROM. CWM (nandroid) backup will revert your phone back to the previous state if something is not right with the new ROM.

1. Update CWM from here: http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/
Go to CWM and flash the newer zip if you have an older version.

2. From CWM perform wipe / factory reset / format Dalvic.

3. From CWM install this: http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-blade-3/
or this: http://www.modaco.co...10-android-412/
Do not install gapps. Reboot and let the ROM work for, say, 5 minutes.

4. Check to see if wifi is working. If is not working, then you MIGHT get it to work, by loading either the German or Slovak partitions found here
http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2098140
Again this is done from CWM.
Flash first the German. Boot the phone and check wifi. If is not working repeat with the Slovak. If still not working then only solution is to restore your old rom from the backup. I have no further ideas.

5. If wifi is working with new rom, then go to CWM and install gapps. Boot the phone and wait few minutes. Go to the system settings and disable mobile data, then shutdown and insert your SIM card.

Have fun.

So, first I install the CM10 and if wifi not working, then the German or Slovak PARTITIONS (not roms). Am I right?
Thanks in advance mate!

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Guys I am following your steps but I have 2 issues on my ZTE Acqua Wind Greek Version. My wifi sleeps constantly when on standby although i have selected Never to sleep.

Also the brightness level is very bad as well.
Do you also have the same issues with blade iii konsta version 4.1.2 on ZTE Acqua Greek WInd version?

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Basicaly I'm using this: http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-blade-3/ and I dont have any issues yet.

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Dear epyloxias,

I will try it myself today and will let ppl know if everything is fine! Thx!

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Hey papars,
have you tried 4.2.2 recently?
What's your opinion in general behaviour of both roms (4.1.2 vs 4.2.2)?

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
I noticed that the WiFi stays awake for 15 minutes and then turns off. And I cannot change the settings of time limitation. Are there any other options?

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Had the same problem with the konsta version on ZTE Acqua Wind Version Greek and i tried the rom u suggested above and it works great so far.!

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Are the partitions suitable for 4.2.2?

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

I noticed that the WiFi stays awake for 15 minutes and then turns off. And I cannot change the settings of time limitation. Are there any other options?

On the other hand it stays awake for about 5 minutes (terribly slow) and then falls asleep (an alternative way by saying "crashes")!
Although, if I turn on DATA it works normally (faster, much faster) without disconnections.
Strange...

and84

and84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I tried again but no luck, neither partition gets the wifi working on a portuguese TMN A15 on both CM10.1 and the new PACman ROM.

I'm stuck with stock and can't update to the latest official or I'll lose root :\

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

I tried again but no luck, neither partition gets the wifi working on a portuguese TMN A15 on both CM10.1 and the new PACman ROM.

I'm stuck with stock and can't update to the latest official or I'll lose root :\

Υou are lucky. You have the latest update availiable but here in Greece we are stuck in August 2012...

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Well I think I found the solution for Greek Acqua wifi disconnections. Go here http://forums.androi...update-try.html and read the instructions. The only difference is that I CHECKED the box.
And it's much faster and more stable (not even one disconnection for the past 20!!!! minutes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users