Ouch Kernel ICS v1.4 [12/03/2013]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest Kra1o5

Anyone notices that this kernel breaks Instagram, it freezes when I try to upload the picture.

Thanks for the Kernel, other than that is perfect for me. But any solution would be great. I have stock+ R6 installed.

I read you fix it.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teamllama

I thought i would have a go at installing this as in the github files there is the USB OTG drivers listed.

Kernal works great on my phone but the USB host/OTG bit doesnt appear to work. I used an app called usb host diagnostics running with root permissions and it doesnt detect a usb memory stick plugged in via a usb otg cable. I might try a keyboard and mouse later to see if its just the memory stick it didnt like.

It would make this a killer kernal to use if USB OTG was enabled!

Edited by teamllama

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dakok

Hi Kra1o5!

Some time ago, Bruno managed to fix your kernel to work with Baidu rom (bluetooth problem).

It is tested and works fine on Baidu v3 and Baidu beta 26.

http://www.4shared.com/get/sU64Bc7X/OC_baidu_final_V4_kernel_1.html[/CODE]

I post it here since it may be of use for others.

Guest hippy dave

Hi Kra1o5!

Some time ago, Bruno managed to fix your kernel to work with Baidu rom (bluetooth problem).

It is tested and works fine on Baidu v3 and Baidu beta 26.

http://www.4shared.com/get/sU64Bc7X/OC_baidu_final_V4_kernel_1.html[/CODE]

I post it here since it may be of use for others.

Thanks for sharing. I just flashed it over Baidu V3, after the 109808 baseband and patch, and bluetooth doesn't work - you try to turn it on, and it turns itself off again after a couple of seconds, same as the stock kernel did when I tried that with Baidu.

GPS works well anyway :)

Guest dakok

It was made for baidu v3 and confirmed by users as working one. I tested bluetooth last night and transfered a song on baidu 26 repack from pocha.

My baseband is native 2030.

Guest Pyntux

Is there any kernel which I can use on CM7 (cm7 based rom)? I didn't know where to ask... :( On cm7 does not work wifi tethering, that may be kernel issue??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hippy dave

I don't know exactly what made the difference, but on a fresh Baidu install, the kernel is working perfectly, bluetooth and all :)

Any temptation to follow the latest kernel trend for extra memory? ie from cm changelog "reduced mdp/adsp memory sizes, saves 15mb RAM".

Guest kyan31
I don't know exactly what made the difference, but on a fresh Baidu install, the kernel is working perfectly, bluetooth and all :)

Any temptation to follow the latest kernel trend for extra memory? ie from cm changelog "reduced mdp/adsp memory sizes, saves 15mb RAM".

That RAM thing is only needed in CM, the stock ROM already has lots of available RAM.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest penthaler

Was searching whole thread but didnt find answer - does this kernel work on stock ics? Running B952...

and which app needed for enabling zram?

thx for reply

• 1 month later...
Guest OmnioPT

Great Kernel.

Install it now on Lightning Rom. Fast and Smooth.

Antutu score raises from 38** to 4008 (No OC) :)

Found no bugs so far!

Good Work!

Edited by OmnioPT