What does this icon mean

Guest luvvt

Guest Combat Gerbil

And if you pull down the notification bar, it should tell you what's going on... sometimes the phone will run a check on the SD card for errors on startup.

But that looks more like a SIM card icon to me...

Edited by Combat Gerbil

Guest Rashid07

It comes up when you mount an sd card...if you pull down the status bar ....you will se a text some like your sd card is being tested for errors.

Guest dalyer

As Combat Gerbil said the icon looks more like a SIM card than an sdcard. The thread that I posted relates to this icon in the context of Vodafone NZ service users which is precisely the case for luvvt as far as I can tell.

I'm sure I've seen that icon when it detects a new sim and clicking on it in the notification bar normally takes you to APN settings to select your correct network. After that is done it disappears normally.

Guest luvvt

It does show in the notification bar but does not bring up any thing when i click on it. This shows on my phone daily and only dissapears with a reboot. I cannot find a pattern as to when it loads and from what I can tell does not seem to affect the phone (In saying that i do experience bad reception and frequent gps drop offs or freezes but ive put that down to a mix of a poor reception area and low budget hardware). My APN settings are all correct as per listed on the voda nz community web.

I havent had a chance to view the links yet but will get around to it tonite and I much appreciate responses

Cheers guys ;)

Guest luvvt

Ireland calling New Zealand... put us out of our suspense! :D

Haha, I havnt cracked it yet but im now watching it to try and see a pattern, will try a couple of solutions from the links and will let you know.

Friggin thing is trying to make a liar of me and hasnt showed up all day ;)

Guest dalyer

Did those threads help at all? Most or all of them were about Vodafone NZ users having this issue. Not sure if the conclusion was that it had something to do with Vodafone NZ's SIM Toolkit?

Guest luvvt

Yep the threads were a big help, I will try the freeze it method next time it shows

Just thinking back to when its been showing its either happening when Im in a low signal situation possibly when the phone is switching automatically between 2 and 3g

I will run my phone without the sd card for couple of days to eliminate that theory

Guest dalyer

The icon is definitely a SIM so I doubt that the sdcard has anything to do with it but no harm in eliminating it as a possibility.

Guest luvvt

update:

Icon showed up so done the force close and away it went.

Uninstalled it and two days running no show

Thanks dalyer big help and some cudos comming your way :)