problem with screen during calls

Guest Firestorm79

Guest Firestorm79

Hi guys, this is my first post so hello all!

now for my problem...

during calls the screen obviously goes dark when the phone is near my ear. however when i have to access the screen during a call for whatever purpose (either to access the number pad, or mute call, or access other apps etc) the screen either remains dark or becomes temperamental. And by temperamental I mean goes nuts: It stays dark so I go to hit my power button, but it wakes up just before I hit the power button, which means it goes dark again, which means I have to hit the power button again! Sometimes I try and second guess it and pause with my finger just hovering over the power button and then the screen wakes up! But only for a second and then it goes back to sleep!!! On the other hand it will just stay dark so I have to hit the power button. I'm worried about knackering out my power button.

Now I wonder whether two factors are affecting this issue:

1. I've turned off NFC

2. I've put on a SIKAI custom made silicone case on my OSD

I do hope some of you can shed some light on this problem...

Guest BlueMoonRising

I CAN tell you it's nothing to do with NFC or the case(it doesn't appear to cover the sensor going of the photos). If you have any doubt, take it out of the case and try a call.

Guest topcat07

The screen in a call is controlled by the light sensor near the camera

Covering sense with ear will make screen go of to power save and come on when not near ear

Guest BlueMoonRising

Covering sense with ear will make screen go of to power save and come on when not near ear

I was sort of presuming he knew that but then again perhaps his thumb is covering it? Too simple an explanation surely :)

Guest Firestorm79

I was sort of presuming he knew that but then again perhaps his thumb is covering it? Too simple an explanation surely :)

Never presume too much of a nooooob

thanks - I think the case is affecting the sensor (is the sensor the rounded rectabgle bit next to ear piece or the circle bit?)

Guest Firestorm79

thanks guys. Yes it was the case. When I move it around a bit so that the light sensor is completely clear the screen wakes up!

Now I have the dilema of getting a new case or sticking with it and working around this problem...

Guest Roger Barnett

Also (I think) if the screen turns off mid call, tapping the screen in rapid succession brings screen back to life, thus saving the power button.