Qualcomm finally release an updated Adreno driver

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Back in August 2012, Qualcomm developer network released an early sample of the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Qualcomm advised that it was an early release sample which would be replaced by a new driver binary in the future.

Seven months and several revisions of Android later, guess what we got?

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 3xx and 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1. It has been tested with the CAF release A8064AAAAANLGD133402.1 and M8960AAAAANLGD230306.1. Supports any Adreno 2xx and 3xx GPU on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1.

So, all we need now is a suitable .zip and we can conduct a survey to see if the new GPU driver makes any difference on Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean ROMs for our Qualcomm devices.

Source for developers is available at the Qualcomm Developer Network.

gallery_19680_3_33962.png

Click here to view the item

Guest Alexandru.k_24

so...where can i use that driver?i have a htc one s mobile phone with adreno 225 gpu.and snapdragon s4 Krait CPU.

Guest hecatae

so...where can i use that driver?i have a htc one s mobile phone with adreno 225 gpu.and snapdragon s4 Krait CPU.

Tillaz, one of MoDaCo's developers, has been kind enough to produce a flashable zip over here

be aware, it only seems to work with 4.2 roms

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.