Custom ROMs

Guest exerullz

Guest exerullz

Hello. I want to try one of those ROMs :

Custom Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) ROM (recommended)

Custom Jelly Bean (JB) ROM

Official Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update

The question is which one is the best for gaming performance - I heard that ICS is not good for this and I also heard that JB is faster than it, but I don't know which version I shall choose for my phone.

Also , the recommended ROM is a Custom ROM, so, what's the difference between the original and the custom ROM?

That's the link to the turorial:

http://huaweig300.co...the-custom-rom/

Also, will the kernel keep working after this? I`m using this http://www.modaco.co...dated-07022013/

If it will not work, what's the best custom ROM for JB?

And the last thing, should I reset my phone before installing a new custom ROM?

Edited by exerullz

Guest dalyer

No offence but you really need to read up a bit more before tackling this. There is a wealth of information here and you will learn a lot if you read some of the threads first. But if you are asking "should I reset my phone before installing a custom ROM" then in my opinion you need to do some more research before attempting this. There is no "best" ROM and which one suits you best really depends on your needs.

Guest exerullz

Well, if there isn't a best ROM, why is the ICS recommended? JB is having problems with Huawei, or what's the problem ? What are you using, for example ?

I want the best for gaming performance - for example, as I know, GB is way better that ICS, but is the JB better than ICS at gaming ?

Edited by exerullz

Guest dalyer

Who recommended ICS?

I'm using Stock+ at the moment. I previously used CM10.1 which I liked but some things that I needed didn't work and I found that it lagged too much for me. I briefly used Infusion before that but not long enough to form a useful opinion. But if you ask 10 people what is the "best" ROM then you'll probably get 10 different answers.

I've seen anecdotal reports that stock GB may be the fastest but I don't know if that's true, I'm not sure how you measure it (benchmarks like AnTuTu are of limited use) and I think that stocl GB comes with its own set of quirks/bugs.

I don't think that there is any single ideal ROM for this phone for all users.

For games it's possible that you should check out the likes of Infusion, Slim, Stock+, Meija and others (I'm probably leaving out a bunch of prime candidates because games are of no interest to me!). There are a few gaming posts here too in case that's of any use.

Edited by dalyer

Guest andy/newbie

Stock + ROM is my favourite as it is fast an smooth for an stock baced ROM plus I find games run good on this ROM as well. Jb ROMs still have a few miner bugs I have found .but like dalyer said it proberly best if you read some threads as everyone has a different favourite ROM to use,maybe just do a bk up and go try some yourself that's what most people do they try many if not all new roms to see witch ones best suit them

Guest exerullz

that site with the tutorial recommended ICS.

I dont have any idea about custom ROMs - I know only to flash a kernel and to do a nandroid backup ( I have it prepared in case of anything )

So, where to get that Stock+ ? I'd like to read about it , and I will probably choose between Stock+ and Infusion.

Edited by exerullz

Guest dalyer

that site with the tutorial recommended ICS.

That's just one person's opinion so.

I dont have any idea about custom ROMs - I know only to flash a kernel and to do a nandroid backup ( I have it prepared in case of anything )

As I said you need to read up a bit more so. We all had to start somewhere but there's a wealth of info here to get you up to speed.

So, where to get that Stock+ ? I'd like to read about it , and I will probably choose between Stock+ and Infusion.