Carphone Warehouse drops Kindle Fire price to £89

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Featuring a 7" 1024x600 screen, 1.2GHz dual core process processor and 1GB RAM for 40% faster performance than the original Kindle Fire... the device is a great little tablet - especially at under £100!

Sadly it's only available in store or by phoning an 0870 number!

Are you picking one up? Let us know! :)

[Via: CarphoneWarehouse]

MAlX.png

Click here to view the item

Guest TangerineTractor

I went in a couple of weeks ago and was about to buy one, when I saw one of their cheaper tablets reduced to £60 - very similar spec, 8gb ram, ICS... and it was only for the wife, so I bought one, and it came up at £49 on the till, so an absolute steal really. Works absolutely fine, pre-rooted, no issues. For the money, a bargain. (And a protective sleeve is 99p on ebay, so under £50 for the lot)

I went in a couple of weeks ago and was about to buy one, when I saw one of their cheaper tablets reduced to £60 - very similar spec, 8gb ram, ICS... and it was only for the wife, so I bought one, and it came up at £49 on the till, so an absolute steal really. Works absolutely fine, pre-rooted, no issues. For the money, a bargain. (And a protective sleeve is 99p on ebay, so under £50 for the lot)

which one did you buy, i am also looking for a cheap alternative.

Guest TangerineTractor

do you have the cortex a8 cpu with 512mb ram version, or the a10 cpu with 1gb ram?

Dunno. I just opened it up, cleared down all teh crap off it, installed a decent launcher and set up facebook, email and solitaire for the wife. 3 million brownie points.

I'll have a look tonight.

Guest TangerineTractor

thanks had a look and it doesn't support 3g, also seems a bit under powered. nice find though!

Doesn't need 3g. I always have my phone with me, so just wifi tether when needed. Why bother with another contract or even prepay sim?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.