Sony Walkman app working on G300

Guest Billy323

Guest Billy323

Hi guys not sure if anyone tried before but over on XDA i found a guy has been working on Walkman app for All Android phones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2059203

I can confim that this works on James Meija Rom but you must follow the instructions carefully. It involves adding to build prop and making sure you have enough space in system memory (at least 75mb for all features). I have not tried every thing just the walkman from experia v plus clear audio and enhancements. I had to remove a couple of apps from the system using Link2sd to make sure i had enough space (music+, browser as i use opera anyway ect) obviously dont remove anything needed by the system. Other roms may have more free system space (slim).

Sound quality is awsome and has a really pretty Visualiser. It doesn't seem to have a control widget but controls are in pulldown and on lock screen when minimised.

It also installs Experia launcher but i have not tried this i just froze it with Link2sd as not to cause any conflicts and everything still works OK.

post-993533-0-27462600-1362610097_thumb.

post-993533-0-36275600-1362610098_thumb.

post-993533-0-88775500-1362610099_thumb.

Guest nsmacd1

here is the walkman app that is included in infusion, its just the walkman app with the color effects no extras,

also been using it on the nexus 4

flash in recovery NO WIPES (on first launch music can take a while to show on the G300 so be patient)

http://ubuntuone.com...EZgKsfiuANsqjGo

Even though it says 'All ROMs' I can't get it working on CM10.1 R2

Guest nsmacd1

Will flash it again and report back!

Tried the link here and also on the other site and no joy with either :wacko:

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest Billy323

On the link to Xda there are two versions the experia Z version is for JB roms try that. I have now tried both Album and Video Experia apps and both work very well. Album is much better than Gallery and seems to cache pictures better.