[INFO] NEW ADRENO 4.2 DRIVERS 4TH MARCH 2013

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

(CM10.1)

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 3xx and 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1. It has been tested with the CAF release A8064AAAAANLGD133402.1 and M8960AAAAANLGD230306.1. Supports any Adreno 2xx and 3xx GPU on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1.

REMOVED UNTIL RESOLVED

Original Source: https://developer.qu...s-and-resources

EDIT: oops, just noticed this was already posted....

Guest wouterbeer

This is new to me - but if I understand correctly this is supposed to be a driver update for the G300's Adreno 200 GPU?

Edit: Anyway I'm on Stock+ right now and see that this is only for JB 4.2

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest between3and26characters

Download is a .bin file that doesn't show in cmw. Am i missing something?

Has anyone got this working on a g300?

It's not working for me. It won't boot after I flash the zip. Did you try to download the file with your phone? Try downloading it with a PC.

Edited by between3and26characters

Guest dalyer

Download is a .bin file that doesn't show in cmw. Am i missing something?

Has anyone got this working on a g300?

First link in the first post (by tillaz) is a zip for flashing in CWM.

Edited by dalyer

Guest PixelPixie

First link in the first post (by tillaz) is a zip for flashing in CWM.

Both links downloaded as .bin, that's why I posted.

Guest PixelPixie

I just tried the dl again this time using opera beta, and got a packaged zip. File name had changed and everything. Still not sure weather to flash, apart from one poster, everybody else stuck on boot loop. Can do a nandroid later. So will probably wait till then.

Anybody on cm10.1 r2 with new gapps had any success?

Guest NikitoGR

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

Guest kyan31
You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

Tillaz has no g300 to test it on, and all flashable zips have the chance of boot looping the phone. Its common sense to make a nandroid backup.

P.s this would never brick your phone. A boot loop and a brick are completely different.

Brick: your phone is dead

Boot loop: your phone is temporarily non functional, but can be fixed easily. All you have to do is boot into recovery and flash a ROM, or restore your nandroid backup.

Guest kyan31
How can i check if it worked?

Antutu? If your score is higher than normal, (or lower) it must of done something.

Edited by kyan31

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices.

If you flash any zip found on a forum without doing a nandroid backup first then you can't blame anyone but yourself. And if you made a nandroid, what's the problem? The phone boot loops and you go "Oh, well that didn't work" and restore the backup.

Guest NikitoGR

Tillaz has no g300 to test it on, and all flashable zips have the chance of boot looping the phone. Its common sense to make a nandroid backup.

P.s this would never brick your phone. A boot loop and a brick are completely different.

Brick: your phone is dead

Boot loop: your phone is temporarily non functional, but can be fixed easily. All you have to do is boot into recovery and flash a ROM, or restore your nandroid backup.

If you flash any zip found on a forum without doing a nandroid backup first then you can't blame anyone but yourself. And if you made a nandroid, what's the problem? The phone boot loops and you go "Oh, well that didn't work" and restorethe backup.

You're both right about the backup but more info wouldn't kill anyone!

Nobody knows how this performs, and tillaz doesn't have a G300 so he can't say if it is better or worse on our phone. The previous developer release like this worked fine on the G300 (in fact the previous drivers are included with Stock+) but this was only discovered by testing them. Everything we do on these forums has an inherent risk and someone has to take the first step, the devs & modders here take plenty of risks with their own phones in the name of the community (for example I bricked my G300 trying to find a fix for the random storage swap that bugs stock roms, and yet I rarely even suffer from the problem myself) but it shouldn't be expected to have to fall on their shoulders everytime.

Guest kyan31

What info do you need? Its a driver, so there are no screenshots. There isn't actually much info to post, if you don't know what it is yourself, you shouldn't even use it.