[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest dinamo1975

All of Baidu roms have that option in settings (among other nice gimmicks).

...i'm used so much with ICS... it's ther, indeed!

Guest blackhawkbruno

I checked what the problem is .. After selecting the language, do a reboot phone and will be chosen language in all applications (which I translated)

Edited by blackhawkbruno

Guest GOlteanu

So now it should be ok? if so I'll flash it tonight.

Also why don't you add a donate button?

One more question, If I flash this over the V 20 by dakok, and don't wipe anything, will I run into any problems?

Edited by GOlteanu

Guest dakok

@Bruno:

Baidu roms have "two" browsers:

Browser.apk and Baidu browser apk

The same goes for music - there`s MusicFx.apk (or something similar)

and Baidu music apk

Browser.apk and Music.apk do not appear in apps list, I didn´t touch them in previous releases.

their counterparts are shown, they are purely chinese apps and can be deleted.

Guest dakok

for me it's all ok

It has to be OK, you have few good political connections.

:)

(Vlada is a common serbian name, and in english it`s Goverment)

This thing with chinese district is related to dialing prefixes.

So if you don`t have a country prefix, Baidu translates your local prefix number as some chinese district (they have the same prefix).

If you do have country prefix, for example Croatia is +385, Baidu translates it as Europe.

You can find some app to add country prefixes to all numbers.

Why Bruno does`t have them - maybe all of his numbers have prefix not recognized by Baidu?

Edited by dakok

Guest dinamo1975

for me it's all ok

I know... in "Contacts" is ok but look in Dial Pad>Contacts...???

Also, why does it appear the contacts doubled when I have two number under the same contact. It will make two separat contacts.

post-995199-0-26484500-1365190341_thumb.

post-995199-0-27975300-1365190374_thumb.

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest pOcHa

just to make it clear, all dakok and myself did was repackage this rom (primarily for ourselves), but bruno actualy had to do some real developing to translate it - so you should definetely buy him a beer if he helped you out

Guest dinamo1975

just to make it clear, all dakok and myself did was repackage this rom (primarily for ourselves), but bruno actualy had to do some real developing to translate it - so you should definetely buy him a beer if he helped you out

Be sure... i agree with that! Anyway, thank you very much all you guys! Waiting for the new version translated...

Guest hippy dave

I installed Bruno's first V3 repack (only 3 languages, from a few pages back), as I just need English, and it's working brilliantly so far, thanks Bruno!

Does anyone know if there's an extended power menu mod (i.e. reboot to recovery) for this Rom?

Guest pobesneli_max

instaled brunos repack and have one problem and one question. problem is in messages, some names(contacts) are shown, some not. its iritateing. problem was also in v22, and others i was using.

second, did anyone tried to use some cusom kernels with baidu?

cheers

Guest dakok

@madmax:

Custom kernels work fine but you lose gps. If someone wants to produce some logcats maybe a dev could try to fix that.

@hippie:

that's not the stock browser. Baidu in original comes with baidu browser which is deleted since it is in chinese.

Guest hippy dave

Thanks for the reply :) I'm actually talking about the stock Browser.apk tho, which is in /system/app but doesn't have an icon. I managed to run it from a shell command.

Tried to see why it was missing an icon, looks like it's missing a load of stuff from AndroidManifest.xml, compared to a CM9 version.

Guest pOcHa

its there purely as a required dependency for some things, so we don't remove it just in case - anyway, everybody prefers a different browser, so we don't add an alternative

Guest dinamo1975

Thanks for the reply :) I'm actually talking about the stock Browser.apk tho, which is in /system/app but doesn't have an icon. I managed to run it from a shell command.

Tried to see why it was missing an icon, looks like it's missing a load of stuff from AndroidManifest.xml, compared to a CM9 version.

+1! I have the same issue. How can resolve that?

Guest pobesneli_max

@dakok what about problem with messageing app? (kad udjem u poruke pola kontakata mi prikaze ime a pola samo broj..kad kliknem na onu kao slicicu sto bi trebalo da bude on mi otvori kontakt i pise ime najnormalnije..desava li se to tebi?)

tnx

Guest dakok

Sorry, Max. I`m afraid I can`t help you on that, I didn`t even notice that - swapping roms too fast :)

(ne znam, mijenjam romove svako malo pa nisam to niti primijetio. stavi screenshot pa pitaj pochu ili bruna)

Edited by dakok