[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

Guest hippy dave

I've found in v3 stable that my bluetooth mac address changes every boot, so I have to re-pair with my computer each time I want to connect. From what I remember, the wifi mac address may change every time too. Is this the same in the newest beta, or does it give you a consistent address now? Cheers.

Guest popoyaya

doesnt work.. when i input all my apn settings, then i click "save" it doesnt save.. apn list stays blank

i also tried these "funny sim fixes" on xda but they dont work

(my simcard is new btw; bought it in january 2013)

What sim are you using? I have same problem with standard 3G 3-mobile sim.

Guest pOcHa

Now, for problems:

not real ones, just crashing of Play which was solved with flashing ICS gapps and a one more reboot afterwards.

that's strange, didn't know gplay could crash?! never had that problem myself... anyway, you can always get the latest one here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04/25/download-latest-google-play-store-4-0-27/

well i hope that they fix this apn problem (which i and few others have) one day... i really wanna use this rom too, lol

this is litteraly the only rom where i have apn problem, ive tried almost every rom in this forum and all of them work fine & autodetect my apn

is there anyway to contact baidu developers? maybe i can tell them about it so it might get fixed

try asking bruno for help - he is much more knowledgeable about android than me, and seems to have gotten to know baidu from inside out by now...

Guest pOcHa

those with APN problems could try importing the APN database from the CM project, I've seen some other roms using it - and there is also an app on the play store that does a similar thing, but can't remember either names... don't ask me for any more specifics, it's just something i vaguely remember noticing

Guest y4ss1n

those with APN problems could try importing the APN database from the CM project, I've seen some other roms using it - and there is also an app on the play store that does a similar thing, but can't remember either names... don't ask me for any more specifics, it's just something i vaguely remember noticing

ive tried that ages ago doesnt work either... in fact the apn database file in baidu already contains my APN ! weird eh?

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest predragiPredrag

I have same problem with no data connection :( I will try to switch my SIM card for newer type, and get back with results :)

Guest sedj

Anyone have any problems making actual "calls" in v26 mine would process stop on using the dialer or trying to call through contacts list, sending sms was fine. Went back to v25 and all's good, but most people here don't use their phone to talk so may have not noticed?

Only slight niggle with this rom as i have seen in other roms is after a deep sleep overnight it refuses to connect to data/3g without a reboot, wifi and everything else is fine and battery is great.

Guest dakok

Using baidu 26 with OC kernel for 3 days now and no problems. Only one freeze when opened 10 windows in Opera mobile. Everything else is just perfect.

Guest sedj

Using baidu 26 with OC kernel for 3 days now and no problems. Only one freeze when opened 10 windows in Opera mobile. Everything else is just perfect.

If you don't mind me asking are you using the HSPA11 fix? or running original?

Guest dakok

No HSPA11 fix, no Jsevi˙s baseband changers.

At first on 5.0.2.8 and now on 6.0.1.9. CWM.

Dload is B935 from operator OTA, then followed "like you`re 5" root/unlock guide

and never went back to GB again.

Flashed ~30 different roms and never had a single reboot/signal/sim card problem, except for

GB roms on 2030 baseband (signal lose)

CM10.1 multibaseband release (signal lose)

P.S. Didn`t try latest Dazzo`s builds, I don`t want a phone without phoning :)

Edited by dakok

Guest pOcHa

i'm using the HSPA11 fix - did you do all the wipes? since most people use a stock or stock based rom, they can skip some of the wipes between them as they practically have an identical file structure, so it gets overwritten anyway - but not on baidu, as it is a completely different

dakok, didn't you like the baidu browser? i find it annoying that it doesn't display a page progressively like opera (it displays a blank screen like chrome until the whole page is loaded) so it seems like it loads slower - but scrolling is much faster, and it has a thumb scroll for long pages (not just top and bottom like opera) and flash videos are much faster, instant even (on opera there is a noticeable blank delay when going to fullscreen mode, and controls are horribly lagging then)

Guest sedj

pOcHa

I must admit i did not do full wipes i did everything bar this:

- Mounts and storage: format /cache, /cust, /data, /system

Being a long time user of Link2Int i had a lot of apps i did not want to re-install, what category would the apps come in ? cust,data? or will i have to bite the bullet?

Guest dakok

Could it be - reboot recovery step, right after dalvik wipe in flashing. I do that on every rom, and didnt find that in your instructions ???

Regarding Baidu browser, I was astonished with 1.0 english release, but later it was consuming memory a lot, so I removed it.

I`m sure it will be an excellemt browser

Guest sedj

pOcHa

What baseband are you running? and do you use the 2gb internal for anything?

Best of all , do you find any problems in v26?

And when i say v26 you need to do a fresh install, to see what others see.

Edited by sedj

Guest pOcHa

baseband 2030, and I use the internal sd card as the default storage

absolutely no problems in any version so far

and you do have a couple of problems - the rom auto formats the system, but:

- if you don't wipe the cache, then you will still be using some old system files from the previous rom, which may not be compatible

- if you don't wipe the data, then some system files will still be using the old settings from the previous rom, which may not be compatible

- not sure about the cust, but baidu doesn't use it, so wipe it anyway, just in case

that is why most developers won't even acknowledge a bug if you don't do ALL the wipes

so do a backup of your apps with a third party app (huawei allbackup doesn't work on baidu) - and just simply restore them after a fresh install

Edited by pOcHa

Guest predragiPredrag

Did anybody find solution for no data bug, with specific SIM cards. Because I am using MIUI rom and after setting APN I got data, but that didn't work,

on this rom, also chinese :) I will switch my SIM card during next week, and report :)

Guest The Silent Man

Can somebody explain this:

Reboot system now -> No

(very important, select "no" - it will not flash custom recovery, but install init.d scripts support)

Where do I need to select "no"? After I reboot system I don't get any option to select "no".