[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

Guest pOcHa

updated the first post with the new beta V38

latest changelog says they fixed incorrect battery level reporting, maybe that's why it looked like it was draining faster...

Guest stevan930

Is there some option to remove chinese letters from lock screne.I really like the lock screen 'hot word search' the others lock screen are sluggishly.

Once again thanks for your rom.

Thanks pOcHa for v38. Tried, everything works fine barring two things -- external SD is not the default, and GPS doesn't work. The new Contacts and Messaging apps are visually quite good.

Edit: For external SD to make default tried this workaround in the build.prop and it worked:

After this line in the build.prop

persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd
Add this line

persist.baidu.sdcard.type=2

Edited by smweb

yes, haven't done it in a while so i forgot a step - gps fix is uploaded next to the rom

but the "persist.baidu.sdcard.type=2" line is already in build.prop - although before the "persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd", and not after it... can someone else confirm that the placement really matters?

Guest kyoiorikof97

"application stopped"

-after click on next at language select screen.

-video player "application stopped" but work when you play individualy video file with player.

-system not responding after fresh install this rom but after restart works perfect.

i've installed 3 times this rom...

"application stopped"

-after click on next at language select screen.

-video player "application stopped" but work when you play individualy video file with player.

-system not responding after fresh install this rom but after restart works perfect.

i've installed 3 times this rom...

did you do all the necessary wipes from the first post?

Guest kyoiorikof97

on 1st installation:

wipes data/cache

mount & storage - wipes system/cache/cust/data

wipes dalvik cache

same thing happened

on 2nd installation:

wipes data/cache

mount & storage - wipes cust/data

wipes dalvik cache

& after installation

wipes cache & dalvik cache

same thing happened

on 3rd installation:

wipes data/cache

mount & storage - wipes cust/data

wipes dalvik cache

same thing happened

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pankmohan

i already posted about that here:

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2094708

it seems that atx team are those independent developers - and someone would argue that they even did a better job of it, by including the custom performance scripts, that would otherwise simply be unacceptable in any official rom

only the first two, the third are gapps (needed for network location - but any other gapps for ics would do)

and i just reuploaded the first file, so that it doesn't need the second one anymore

Sir,

i am using baidu ROM V5 and having trouble with location so can you please tell me how can i modify fremwork for my Device? i am using k touch u86 4.1.2 ROM of baiduV5 stable

waiting for your valuable reply thanx

in /system/framework/framework-res.apk change the two baidu location services in /res/values/strings.xml to google ones, and install gapps

hope that helps - but if something is not clear to you, show this to someone more knowledgeable, as i don't have time right now for a tutorial...

Edited by pOcHa

ROM 40 this week ready. EN Repack won´t be done? http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/download.php

Even without the English repack you can use this ROM. Download the ROM, check Dakok's guide on how to install Chinese ROMs and remove local apps, change the language and location in build.prop, flash Gapps after installing the ROM, and you would be all set. 

Edited by smweb

Guest paddyponchero

Tried loads of time to download about 1 in ten time it actually starts, mostly i get 0bytes zip file, changed to opera and the download manager seems to be able to resume ok have 2% now.

first post updated with the new beta version 41

IMPORTANT: if updating (not needed for fresh install) to V41, delete data for Home app before flashing!

happy new year everyone...

WARNING: the launcher may go in a force close loop - if that happens you need to clear the data for the Home app

Baidu says that it can be done by pulling down the notification bar, entering the settings (round button in the upper right corner), and going to Apps - > Manage Apps -> All -> Home:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.rom.baidu.com/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D120686%26extra%3D&usg=ALkJrhjw-dncReazH_t-1-X3ZK7d264vJw

but everything there was grayed out for me, so I had to manually delete the folder /data/data/com.baidu.home2 from the recovery

Baidu says that it is already working on a fix, but if someone catches a catlog of it happening - send it to me so i can take a look...

...or just use another launcher

Edited by pOcHa