Photo

Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
I made a zip to relock the bootloader in ICS for those who have a lot of reboots related to 3G. The zip installs ICS B952 original bootloader, stock recovery and stock boot.img, so it only works for roms based on ICS stock (like Lightning, slim, Infusion, Stock Plus, etc) and you won't be able to use overclock. It doesn't work for CyanogenMod roms because of the boot.img, so DO NOT install this in CyanogenMod roms or your phone won't boot.

INSTRUCTIONS: Download the zip, copy it to your sdcard, reboot to recovery, install the zip and reboot your phone.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.solidfile...m/d/d45bd0471b/

NOTE: it's probably better to use GB baseband and bootloader instead of locking ICS bootloader. It's very easy to do, look here: http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

Edited by jsevi83, 12 March 2013 - 03:09 AM.

mnirun

mnirun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Thanks for always sharing the good stuff!

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC
Great stuff, jsevi83. You seem to be on a roll at the moment. :)

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
An alternative to avoid reboots would be to use GB baseband and bootloader. Check this out: http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Top stuff. Good job! ;)

Posted Image

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Jsevi is awesome :lol:

It's a shame it can't be used on the CM ROMs, those are the only ROMs I actually get random reboots on :huh:

It's very infrequent though, good job :)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Guys i flashed this over Slim Rom v.10 and now phone is stuck on "Image signature verify fail!" Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect images. Please update your image to a signature official one. what to do pls help?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
Presumably you did a Nandroid backup before doing this? Can you boot into CWM and restore it? And then maybe try again...?

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
no mate no CWM same old signature s*** on the screen ..flashing roms gets mepink screen only...so i just downgrade to GB...with Huawei official method..

ahh shiittt GB suckssss...it's like going back 20 years heheh...ok now do i have to unlock bootloader on ISC and root again (once i get there) or it sholud be all there?

Thanks for your help mate...

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
ignore questions about root and bootoader ..I get it..heh
gonna try this..http://www.modaco.com/topic/361333-use-stock-based-ics-roms-on-gb-baseband/...just need root...

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Guys i flashed this over Slim Rom v.10 and now phone is stuck on "Image signature verify fail!" Your boot/recovery image may have an incorrect images. Please update your image to a signature official one. what to do pls help?

Around 50 users downloaded this, many of them tried it and you are the first one with this problem. Did you only install this zip in recovery, or also something else?

no mate no CWM same old signature s*** on the screen ..flashing roms gets mepink screen only...so i just downgrade to GB...with Huawei official method..

When you say "flashing roms" you mean update.app? Pink screen happens when the phone can't find any update.app in the sdcard. Anyway, I'm glad you solved it.

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Jsevi you rock :)

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Around 50 users downloaded this, many of them tried it and you are the first one with this problem. Did you only install this zip in recovery, or also something else?

What can I say one in 50 heh..only install that in recovery nothing else..not sure why that happen..

Edited by denzele, 12 March 2013 - 12:18 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
What CWM did you use?
Exactly what steps in full detail did you take?

luunatiq

luunatiq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
hi, i was on b944 stock, only rooted cause i had the reboot problems so i applied this patch and all is working good till now.
if i locked the bootloader after installing a custom rom and if i want to unlock to flash another patch i just only have to use the bootloaderg300.exe and thats all?10x

Edited by luunatiq, 12 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

What CWM did you use?
Exactly what steps in full detail did you take?

CWM 4.0.1 something not sure...ok downgraded to GB install Slim v.10 flashed ICS-in-GB reboot...all went fine but problem now is that I'm getting a lot of Unfortunately,the process android.process.acore has stopped media one as well..contacts too..wtf? Kepps comming up all the time..can't use the phone this way..

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
I would always use this CWM:

http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1601/

As jsevi83 said you are the 1st in about 50 to report a problem so there's a strong chance that you did something wrong.

Regarding the "process stopped" errors any chance it's the old external/internal storage switching problem? The one where for some reason (possibly slow card taking "too long" to respond at boot time) a phone configured for default external storage switches to internal and thereafter can't find files/data/apps installed on the external storage?

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Not sure any more mate..as I said put the file on sd card boot in recovery flashed zip rebot that was it..nothing else done ..can you tell me pls how to flash that CWM from the link over mine which is 4.0.1 ..just to make sure this time..then I'll try again..

Thanks for help mate..

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

can you tell me pls how to flash that CWM from the link over mine which is 4.0.1

Download the Touch Hybrid ZIP
Check the MD5 checksum to make sure that the download is good
Copy the zip to your sdcard
Boot into your existing CWM recovery
Choose apply zip (or whatever the option is called in CWM)
Reboot into recovery
Should be the new one now

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Thanks mate...will give a try later..might be old version of CWM caused error that I had..I can't think of anything else..really want to flash this to stop 3G reboots..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users