Photo

Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
Why not try the ICS on GB baseband (and bootloader etc.) approach that jsevi83 outlines in the original post and here:

http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

He says it's probably a better way to go than relocking the ICS bootloader.

Edited by dalyer, 13 March 2013 - 09:52 AM.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1

Why not try the ICS on GB baseband (and bootloader etc.) approach that jsevi83 outlines in the original post and here:

http://www.modaco.co...on-gb-baseband/

He says it's probably a better way to go than relocking the ICS bootloader.

Already tried that options once in GB ( downgraded because of signature/boot issue ) but as I said before lots of android system process would pop up saying acore.process has stop etc...so I'm back on official ISC atm..will root open bootloader then flash new CWM as well with slim rom..of course try relock bootloader once again see what hapens...maybe it'll work this time..fingers crossed.. :)

Edited by denzele, 14 March 2013 - 02:26 AM.

dwvl

dwvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
In an effort to fix occasional reboot / network connection issues, I downgraded to GB bootloader then flashed the "Use ICS ROMs on GB baseband" ZIP from http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2100905. This is all using Cyda's excellent Stock+ ROM. It continued to work, but unfortunately suffered from the "continuous toggling between 3G and H" problem.

So I decided to relock the ICS bootloader, and flashed the ZIP from the first post of this topic. This resulted in the phone becoming stuck in a boot loop (Android logo on screen, vibrate and restart every five seconds or so). I couldn't manage to boot into CWM, and ended up having to put an update.app on the SD card and force an update to recover the phone.

Where did I go wrong? How should I have reverted from "use ICS ROM on GB baseband" to "Relock ICS bootloader"?

Thanks.

Edited by dwvl, 20 March 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Has anyone tried this with Slim v11 on 2030 baseband?

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

In an effort to fix occasional reboot / network connection issues, I downgraded to GB bootloader then flashed the "Use ICS ROMs on GB baseband" ZIP from http://www.modaco.co...d/#entry2100905. This is all using Cyda's excellent Stock+ ROM. It continued to work, but unfortunately suffered from the "continuous toggling between 3G and H" problem.

So I decided to relock the ICS bootloader, and flashed the ZIP from the first post of this topic. This resulted in the phone becoming stuck in a boot loop (Android logo on screen, vibrate and restart every five seconds or so). I couldn't manage to boot into CWM, and ended up having to put an update.app on the SD card and force an update to recover the phone.

Where did I go wrong? How should I have reverted from "use ICS ROM on GB baseband" to "Relock ICS bootloader"?

Thanks.

You should've installed the zip to upgrade to ics first, since ics bootloader only works with ics baseband.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
hmm problems
I`m using slim rom on GB baseband. Getting the crappy 3G / H swapping issues. So I ran upgrade952.zip to upgrade my baseband to ICS then the relock ICS zip in this thread..
Now I`m at
Baseband version unknown
No signal...
When I boot I still have the ANDROID logo when I boot, thought that was GB logo? anyways..
anyone know how I can get my baseband fixed please?
thanks
Darren

Just to add:
I thought I`d get the Huawei update.app file and try doing that... but it fails at step 2/2.
So...
I`m now stuck on official recovery, no baseband, no imei.. What can I do guys?

Edited by Degurney, 28 March 2013 - 11:48 AM.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

hmm problems
I`m using slim rom on GB baseband. Getting the crappy 3G / H swapping issues. So I ran upgrade952.zip to upgrade my baseband to ICS then the relock ICS zip in this thread..
Now I`m at
Baseband version unknown
No signal...
When I boot I still have the ANDROID logo when I boot, thought that was GB logo? anyways..
anyone know how I can get my baseband fixed please?
thanks
Darren

Just to add:
I thought I`d get the Huawei update.app file and try doing that... but it fails at step 2/2.
So...
I`m now stuck on official recovery, no baseband, no imei.. What can I do guys?

Unlock the bootloader, reinstall slim and start it once. Then, lock the bootloader again.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Thanks man! that did the trick!!

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
ok so can anyone confirm if this works?No more 3G reboots? I'm on slim rom as well..using 2G all the time...

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I'm on Slim v11 since this morning, fresh install coming from stock B952, applied this patch after I've restored all of my apsp and settings and so far so good. I'm on 3G network (W-CDMA preferred) all the time, will report back after few days about reboots.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier, 29 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Nuts!! ok.. so I wanted to reflash slim rom because I had a few issues. Having the stock recovert I ran bootloaderG300.zip rebooted..
Now I have "image signature verify fail"

I`ve tried a few APP files and the
Downgrade from ICS to GB for Vodafone (U8815)

file gets to stage 2 ( installing ) and then fails..

Sigh...

any ideas??

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
You're in same boat as as I was mate..been on slimv10 tried this patch reboot and image signature fail same thing..I downgraded official way from huawei webpage and it worked..used middle package ..try again it should work...

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Denzele: hey :)
Ahh same boat? Well ive tried a couple of official ones, not sure what other ones to try. Ive tried the downgrade ics to gb one. The general official one. Also there was one that has a 2k update.app file also.
Can you remember which one it was?
All the ones i tried errorer when it went to installing.. 2/2

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
ah did it again...grrr...wanted to give another try and same thing happen again..image signature fail whatever ..the thing is you can even boot in recovery to restore backup..so once again downgraded to GB ..root GB but this time flashed B952 instead of B933 like last times..then install CWM and restored slim v10..what I relief ..

It should work with middle package that comes in downgrade download...no idea why isn't working for you mate...

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Got it working. Tried a chinese rom. Used another cd card ( with more space ) and it worked!!!
I must of tried 6 roms

Thanks for all the pointers guys

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I can confirm that this is working, I flashed B952 update.app, then rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed CWM. Then I installed Slim v11, restored all of my apps and data and applied this patch. 72hrs and counting without a single 3G reboot, and I went through all areas where reboots previously occurred, with 3G data always on. Thank you for your great work jsevi83 !!!

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Well third luck they say aii...NOT...upgraded from B952 fresh install restore slim v10 (tried v11 for some reason after booting it gets stuck on huawei logo forever ) and again same issue..biggest pain in the assh is not being able to go into recovery to restore backup..only way out for me is downgrade to GB and root and install CWM and upgrade to ISC and so on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,

maybe this phone doesn't like me :blink: ?

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300

I can confirm that this is working, I flashed B952 update.app, then rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed CWM. Then I installed Slim v11, restored all of my apps and data and applied this patch. 72hrs and counting without a single 3G reboot, and I went through all areas where reboots previously occurred, with 3G data always on. Thank you for your great work jsevi83 !!!

Hi Buffalo Soldier....

Did you email Huawei for unlock for ICS bootloader?

What Huawei email did you contact?

If yes how long did they take to provide it to you?

Thanks in advance : )

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I've emailed Huawei about a month ago, but they never replied back, so I've used the old unlock method, from here http://www.modaco.co...ssue-released/. That's why I needed jsevi83's patch from 1st post to relock the bootloader, after I've installed Slim v11.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I take it by re-locking the bootloader you loose cwm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users