Photo

Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Yes, but you can always unlock it again and install CWM. Re-locking is just, like jsevi83 said, restoring ''B952 original bootloader, stock recovery and stock boot.img''.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
Hmm trying to unlock, install cwm, re install slim rom and relock was where i ended up with that signature fail crap!!
Need to know the proper steps if i want to upgrade or change rom in future. So.... If i have cwm when i go into recovery im using the an unlocked bootloader, right?

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Yes, if you have cwm the bootloader is unlocked. I still don't know what are all the steps you did to get signature fail. Could you explain them? The zip has around 140 downloads and only two or three users complained about that issue.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Just curios out of this 140 downloads how many can say that patch fixed 3G reboots?

Look jsevi83 mate three times tried and all three times same issue.I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong ( God I wish I do ) or else.I'm on Slim v10 with pauls kernel #15 ..flashed call id lag,sony bravia engine,p1 toggles extension,using (this time only not previous tries) pimp my rom some tweaks...that's about it ..
Using latest CMW recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 ( tried few others still same).

With this curent rom and all tweaks added I would boot in recovery flash your patch then reboot back from recovery and would get Signature Fail boot take your battery out bla bla..no CMW available to restore no chance to do anything expect downgrade in my case.. that's what I did 3 times..

Cmonn damn Huawei open that thing once and for all... :angry:

Edited by denzele, 02 April 2013 - 02:08 PM.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Just curios out of this 140 downloads how many can say that patch fixed 3G reboots?

Look jsevi83 mate three times tried and all three times same issue.I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong ( God I wish I do ) or else.I'm on Slim v10 with pauls kernel #15 ..flashed call id lag,sony bravia engine,p1 toggles extension,using (this time only not previous tries) pimp my rom some tweaks...that's about it ..
Using latest CMW recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 ( tried few others still same).

With this curent rom and all tweaks added I would boot in recovery flash your patch then reboot back from recovery and would get Signature Fail boot take your battery out bla bla..no CMW available to restore no chance to do anything expect downgrade in my case.. that's what I did 3 times..

Cmonn damn Huawei open that thing once and for all... :angry:

Then I guess it's some issue related to the baseband. What baseband do you have? What is your imei sv?

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I would recommend you to flash B952 update.app using this http://www.modaco.co...teapp-20032013/ and then unlock bootloader with this http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/, install CWM with http://www.multiupload.nl/H9KCMGV1UJ, flash Slim v11, and then relock.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier, 02 April 2013 - 09:04 PM.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Then I guess it's some issue related to the baseband. What baseband do you have? What is your imei sv?

Baseband is 2030 as always is on ICS and imei sv is 50..if that helps.. :ph34r:

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Hmmm

I was getting random reboots since applying the HSPA update, and going back to HSDPA didn't make any difference.... so I thought I'd try locking the bootloader. This has worked absolutely fine, but I thought I'd try unlocking it again by flashing CWM from recovery for when I want to re-flash something, and it fails, hybrid 6.0.2.7, Signature verification failed. Is this just due to a corrupt zip?
edit to add: Just redownloaded the CWM zip and it still won't flash - so I'm stuck without CWM. At least I've got a fully working phone (at the moment) - Any suggestions?

Edited by TangerineTractor, 18 April 2013 - 04:09 PM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hmmm

I was getting random reboots since applying the HSPA update, and going back to HSDPA didn't make any difference.... so I thought I'd try locking the bootloader. This has worked absolutely fine, but I thought I'd try unlocking it again by flashing CWM from recovery for when I want to re-flash something, and it fails, hybrid 6.0.2.7, Signature verification failed. Is this just due to a corrupt zip?
edit to add: Just redownloaded the CWM zip and it still won't flash - so I'm stuck without CWM. At least I've got a fully working phone (at the moment) - Any suggestions?

You need to use the unlock bootloader tool again. Then you'll need to flash CWM whilst in fast boot. Back to the start again.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Hmmm,,,,
Planning on getting a Nexus 4 un a month or so, so I may just leave it as it is. Interestingly, no reboots since relocking, and this might sound daft, but the phone seems to be running really smooth and fast (Stock+R6) - the bootloader is obviously doing something constantly, since it causes reboots - so is it possible that the locked bootloader is actually improving the phone's performance, or is at least less demand on resources than the unlocked one somehow?

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

telonius

telonius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
So the reason why this only works on stock rom is because bootloader does a verification for original boot.img ?

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Hmmm

Recovery 6.0.2.7 you say? Signature verification failed hmm..same thing happen to me 3 times on same CWM..it doesn't matter now just thinking back that CWM might be the one to blame for fauilre ...

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Recovery 6.0.2.7 you say? Signature verification failed hmm..same thing happen to me 3 times on same CWM..it doesn't matter now just thinking back that CWM might be the one to blame for fauilre ...

Reflashed unlockbootloader then older cwm recovery both from a linux based pc (so much more reliable than from windows, no hassle with drivers etc), and all is back again, and after a clean rom install, no reboots yet. So i have an unlocked bootloader and no reboots. I'm sure my personal reboots were due to flashing hspa.

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

So the reason why this only works on stock rom is because bootloader does a verification for original boot.img ?

Yes.

radu56

radu56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4
After installing this .zip, my phone stuck on the huawei logo
PS. I was using INFUSION B07 rom.
PLEASE HELP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users