Use stock based ICS ROMS on GB Baseband

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

The same way we recently got an addon to use GB roms on ICS baseband, here you have the opposite: an addon to use ICS roms on GB baseband (for those who want to avoid reboots caused by the unlocked ICS bootloader). This addon includes Ouch Kernel from kra1o5, since it has a patch that Daz made to be able to use ICS kernels with GB bootloader (so don't change the kernel). It only works for stock based ICS roms, not for CyanogenMod roms (Daz will take care of that).

INSTRUCTIONS: downgrade to GB (if you didn't already, look HERE), install any stock based ICS rom in recovery, flash this zip and reboot.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.solidfile...m/d/d9b114dd09/

NOTE: If you are using any stock based ICS rom (like Stock Plus, Lightning, Infusion, B952-slim, etc), you can install the zip to downgrade to GB (look HERE) and then install the zip to use ICS roms in GB. You don't need to make wipes or reinstall the rom, just flash those two zips in recovery and reboot. I think this method is better than relocking the bootloader.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

Great news!

So we can soon neglect all those topics about IMEI hacks and "there and back" adventures :) ?

We can already forget IMEI hacks because of this:

Guest Redflake

Yes. I'm running stock+ 960. Everything seems OK so far. Did a fresh install. Used jsevi38's mod to downgrade to gb then installedstock+ then flashed this mod.

Guest jsevi83

Updated the first post to give an easy method to downgrade and keep using your ICS stock rom in GB baseband without having to reinstall or wiping your data.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest denzele

ok want to try this but what first to install this mod that i downloaded from first post then stock rom that i want like Infusion in my case ..?

Thanks for help

Yes. I'm running stock+ 960. Everything seems OK so far. Did a fresh install. Used jsevi38's mod to downgrade to gb then installedstock+ then flashed this mod.

im running stock+, does this run any different on gb baseband, what's the steps for me to test it out on gb baseband?

Guest tillaz

What will happen if you do this then get an OTA update for that ROM? Will it break it if you don't reflash the ICS-in-GB.zip?

yes, you will need to flash the zip again after any updates

Guest Boris803

Works with Stock+ B960 (1. Flash Downgrade-B895.zip, 2. Flash ICS-in-GB.zip, 3. Reboot).

Issues:

(Also tried with Infusion B07 - same problems)

1. Gallery app doesn't see SD card

2. Can't choose "music" for ringtone&alarm selection and music saved in folders "ringtones" and "alarms" isn't shown

....but without 3G Reboots for 24 hours (had a lot of them before)

Edited by Boris803

Guest grabster

ditto the preceding post.Although running B952 slim rom v10 here.

Today will see if the reboots stop happening.

Edited by grabster

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've downgraded to GB from Slim V10 with this and applied the zip from this topic.

No reboots for more then 12hrs, but rom is not smooth as it was and I'm having troubles with ''wake with volume keys''. Sometimes it won't wake up (with vol .keys) or it wakes up but gives me a few haptic feedbacks a few secs after that.

Guest tcpaulh

Phone constantly flips between 3g + H data modes with very little actual throughput.

Not sure we have a perfect solution yet.

Tested with stock+ and gb baseband zip

Guest jsevi83

Phone constantly flips between 3g + H data modes with very little actual throughput.

Not sure we have a perfect solution yet.

Tested with stock+ and gb baseband zip

Yes, it seems this solution is not perfect for every network operator. There is a spanish operator that uses two different networks for 3G, and 3G doesn't work properly with this method (but 2G works as expected). What network operator are you using? Maybe you have a similar problem.