Guest kieranswhite

Guest kieranswhite

Looks Interesting

Simplify Your Flashing with AutoFlasher

POSTED MARCH 10, 2013 AT 7:00 PM BY EGZTHUNDER1

DIFFICULTY:

questionMark.png

autoflasher.jpg

Ahh, the joy of flashing! For us mobile, ORD-positive, addicts, there is no better feeling than that which comes after refreshing our devices with the newest leaks of the newest OS versions. Of course, not too many pleasures in this world come without having to make some sort of effort. In the case of flashing, the issue normally is that we tends to flood our storage with files upon files on top of more files, all of which can be confusing at times and flashing the wrong file could potentially have serious consequences. What if there were a way to automatically flash everything you want without having to dig around? If this sounds appealing, then XDA Forum Member richardddd may have a surprise in stock for you.

Autoflasher is a small and very light weight script, which essentially hunts down flashable ZIP files that fall under certain nomenclature. Instead of having to pre-organize everything in folders or having to go up and down throughout your storage folder(s), looking for the correct ROM and kernel to flash, autoflasher will do that for you. You simply define the naming structure of the file(s) that you intend to flash on your device and the script does the rest. It will find, lump, and flash all the files that are being requested with minimum to no input required from the end user. Most recoveries already offer such functionality (batch flashing) as well as other apps like Mobile Odin (in the case of Samsung devices). However, autoflasher does not even require you to go into recovery as it will do it by itself. The filters are fully definable and easy to set up.

Please be advised that you will need to be rooted and have TWRP installed on your device. Please take it for a spin, flash a few things, and share your experiences with the rest of this ORD-filled world of ours.

Im a flash junkie and I was getting tired browsing trough differend folders in my recovery to flash ROM, kernel, themes, tweaks etc – every time i wanted to update my ROM.

You can find more information in the original thread.

Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.

*** Taken from XDA this isnt mine all credit goes to the writer..etc