[CM 7.2] CM7 Remix - V4c

Guest Master_T

Guest Kilvador

I use BetterBatteryStats, it's payed app on Play Store but it's free if you get it through the original thread on XDA. Just checked and doesn't report any problems, 10hours deep sleep since last night.

What about Mobile Data Transfer? Has it been active all 10 hours?

EDIT1: Just for remembering, my issue was:

"3. Some times, ROM is not going to deep sleep after you switch Mobile data on and off."

Edited by Kilvador

Guest Mura88

"3. Some times, ROM is not going to deep sleep after you switch Mobile data on and off."

Ah this is different. This is a real problem of the rom.

Guest Master_T

How often is "sometimes"? Every other time or one time in 10, or what?

I'll try to investigate, any additional info will be useful...

In particular, do you know which wakelock is involved in this? In betterBatteryStats check under user and kernel wakelocks and try to see if you can spot the one that is keeping the phone awake.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Kilvador

How often is "sometimes"? Every other time or one time in 10, or what?

I'll try to investigate, any additional info will be useful...

In particular, do you know which wakelock is involved in this? In betterBatteryStats check under user and kernel wakelocks and try to see if you can spot the one that is keeping the phone awake.

This happens every time or through once. But, if you restart your phone with MobileData Off, deepsleeping returns after restart and working normaly until you swith MobileData On and Off.

Point me, please, where can I get BetterBatteryStats for free?

Edit1: If it's http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809 - a have found it my self.

Edit2: Battery unpluged for 1 hour. State is 86%. MobileData On, ICQ started

From BBS (BetterBatteryStats):

Kernel wakelocks: PowerManagerService - 36%, DATA5 - 11%

Partial wakelocks: ICQ - 30%, ActivityManager-Launch - 8%

Alarms: ICQ - 4 times, android wakeup - 3 times

CPU Stats: 49% 245MHz, 40% DeepSleep.

Edited by Kilvador

Guest philippe75017

Don't know, to be honest the Liquid camera is quite crappy, as soon as there's a little less light than usual blur and noise ramp up. Can you tell me on which ROM you had the other camera app? I will try to see if it works.

Crappy yes :)

That's why this stabilisation matters

The camera app was in LCR-F 2.0 ROM

If you google 'camera from liquid metal' you will find some clues...

I also have the zips of lcr and mt stock roms

Guest Master_T

Tried that but it crashes... any GB/cm7 rom that uses that camera?

As for Mobile Data, I tried several times but on my phone it goes to deep sleep correctly after switching off... don't know how to diagnose this... if you find the name of the wakelock that is causing the problem I should be able to fix it.

PS: You are using the ROM toggles/settings to switch data on and off right? You aren't using a 3rd party app like APN Droid or something?

Edited by Master_T

Guest Kilvador

As for Mobile Data, I tried several times but on my phone it goes to deep sleep correctly after switching off... don't know how to diagnose this... if you find the name of the wakelock that is causing the problem I should be able to fix it.

PS: You are using the ROM toggles/settings to switch data on and off right? You aren't using a 3rd party app like APN Droid or something?

I'm using standart PowerWidget. Look at my last post. What about that kind of apps?

EDIT1: After swithing Mobile Data AND GPS off, in Kernel Wakelock I can see GPS wakes for 2% of battery.

EDIT2: Logs are in attachment.

BetterBatteryStats-2013-06-20_130836439.txt

Edited by Kilvador

Guest Master_T

I'm using standart PowerWidget. Look at my last post. What about that kind of apps?

EDIT1: After swithing Mobile Data AND GPS off, in Kernel Wakelock I can see GPS wakes for 2% of battery.

EDIT2: Logs are in attachment.

The log is 1h27m long. You had the screen on for 16m, which leaves us with 1h11m when the screen was off. Of this, 56m where in deep sleep, which leaves us with only 15m of the phone awake and the screen off. Considering the various services runnning in background that wake the phone periodically, I'd say the situation could be quite normal. My phone does a better I must say (goes to sleep almost immediately after screen off), but I don't have the same apps as you installed so that could accounts for the difference.

Did you have the GPS on while the screen was on? If so, the GPS wakelock is normal (it's 12 minutes, I assume covering the period when the screen was on).

I also see 15 minutes of "com.google.android.apps.maps (com.google.googlenav.prefetch.android.PrefetcherService)" where you using the google maps navigator while the screen was on? If so it's ok, else that might be the cause of it.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Kilvador

The log is 1h27m long. You had the screen on for 16m, which leaves us with 1h11m when the screen was off. Of this, 56m where in deep sleep, which leaves us with only 15m of the phone awake and the screen off. Considering the various services runnning in background that wake the phone periodically, I'd say the situation is quite normal. My phone does a bit better, but I don't have the same apps as you installed so probably that accounts for the difference.

Did you have the GPS on while the screen was on? If so, the GPS wakelock is normal (it's 12 minutes, I assume covering the period when the screen was on).

I'll post you some logs at evening. With mobile data on and with mobile data off. There'll be a lot of difference.

I have not used GPS at all.

EDIT1: First log, HUGE battery drain... Activity:

Just some ICQ answers. some sms veiws, no incoming calls, no browsing.

EDIT2: I have not used Maps at all all the time, for the first Log and for the Second. I have cancelled Sending a GPS info to Google.

EDIT3: Here is my night logs without mobile data. I think, that mail.apk must synchronize Only when Sync is active, like GMAIL. Another way, it's a huge wakeup Master )))

BetterBatteryStats-2013-06-20_155011697.txt

BetterBatteryStats-2013-06-21_090106510.txt

Edited by Kilvador

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Master_T

I'll post you some logs at evening. With mobile data on and with mobile data off. There'll be a lot of difference.

I have not used GPS at all.

EDIT1: First log, HUGE battery drain... Activity:

Just some ICQ answers. some sms veiws, no incoming calls, no browsing.

EDIT2: I have not used Maps at all all the time, for the first Log and for the Second. I have cancelled Sending a GPS info to Google.

EDIT3: Here is my night logs without mobile data. I think, that mail.apk must synchronize Only when Sync is active, like GMAIL. Another way, it's a huge wakeup Master )))

I'm sorry but these logs seem perfectly normal to me.

Log 1: The log is 1h16m long, of which you had the screen on for 19 minutes. This leaves us with 57 minutes with the screen off, 54 of which in deep sleep, perfectly normal.

Log 2: The log is 8h1m long, of which you had the screen on for 14 minutes. This leaves us with 7h47m with the screen off, of which 7h44m in deep sleep. Again: perfectly normal.

I'm sorry but I really don't see your problem...

There is a big battery drain on the first log, but that depends on what you were doing with the phone during the 19 minutes. Even if YOU were not actively using an app, it doesn't mean that a service in the background isn't draining it. For example:

FetchEventsService (com.icq.mobile.client.ICQ)

Is running the whole wakeup time... I don't have ICQ and don't know what it does, but I assume it uses the network, so it might be very battery intensive. Or it might be some other app... but the point remains: deep sleep is working correctly on both logs.

Edited by Master_T

Guest philippe75017

hi master,

unfortunately the camera from liquid metal seems to work with roms based on acer stock rom, like LCR or T&L

i DL some camera apps to test if they have an image stabilization feature

suggestions are welcome :)

Guest Mura88

hi master,

unfortunately the camera from liquid metal seems to work with roms based on acer stock rom, like LCR or T&L

i DL some camera apps to test if they have an image stabilization feature

suggestions are welcome :)

Camera 360 ...

Guest Kilvador

I'm sorry but these logs seem perfectly normal to me.

Log 1: The log is 1h16m long, of which you had the screen on for 19 minutes. This leaves us with 57 minutes with the screen off, 54 of which in deep sleep, perfectly normal.

Log 2: The log is 8h1m long, of which you had the screen on for 14 minutes. This leaves us with 7h47m with the screen off, of which 7h44m in deep sleep. Again: perfectly normal.

I'm sorry but I really don't see your problem...

There is a big battery drain on the first log, but that depends on what you were doing with the phone during the 19 minutes. Even if YOU were not actively using an app, it doesn't mean that a service in the background isn't draining it. For example:

FetchEventsService (com.icq.mobile.client.ICQ)

Is running the whole wakeup time... I don't have ICQ and don't know what it does, but I assume it uses the network, so it might be very battery intensive. Or it might be some other app... but the point remains: deep sleep is working correctly on both logs.

All right, but what can You do with WakeUps? Can you or someone else disable wakeups for Mail.apk or any other, that must not wake up my phone, when mobile data is off? It will give us some more lifetime on our devices.

Nowadays my Liquid lives only 12 hours, if I am not switching mobile data off, or 36 hours, when mobile data off and I only speaks 2 hours in this 36 hours. But, when I have had an t&l ROM (old Russian rom) installed on my Liquid, it was around 53 hours without mobile data.

But at this ROM if I switched mobile data on and off after a while there will be a huge battery drain and my device lives only 12 hours. I need to restart phone without mobile data to get more lifetime to it. It's so annoying...

Edited by Kilvador

Guest Master_T

How apps work depends only on the app. You can try, for example, to disable push notifications for email, if the option is available.

Also: the old stock-based kernel drains much less than the ThePasto kernel used in this rom. Unfortunately it's the only kernel for now that runs GingerBread roms.

Guest Kilvador

How apps work depends only on the app. You can try, for example, to disable push notifications for email, if the option is available.

Also: the old stock-based kernel drains much less than the ThePasto kernel used in this rom. Unfortunately it's the only kernel for now that runs GingerBread roms.

Thks for reply. I'll try to figure out what can I do with apps by there settings...

Guest Master_T

Thks for reply. I'll try to figure out what can I do with apps by there settings...

Also remember that batteries degrade over time... I had my liquid for 3 years now and since a few months ago the battery started to drain faster with every charge.

Guest Kilvador

Also remember that batteries degrade over time... I had my liquid for 3 years now and since a few months ago the battery started to drain faster with every charge.

Yes, it's possible, but I have tested t&l ROM some days ago and I get 53 hours phone life with 4 hours speaking till this period of 53 hours life. My battery still in good shape.

Edited by Kilvador

Guest Narehru

Where have you found t&l rom?

If I want to flash a kernel to oveclock beyond 998Mhz, what kernel have I to flash?

Now, when I set over 998, LiquidA1 freeze and reboot

I've changed my battery D: It was dead D:D:D:D:D:D:

Edited by Narehru

Guest Master_T

Where have you found t&l rom?

If I want to flash a kernel to oveclock beyond 998Mhz, what kernel have I to flash?

Now, when I set over 998, LiquidA1 freeze and reboot

I've changed my battery D: It was dead D:D:D:D:D:D:

The kernel in this ROM allows overclocking up to 1.2ghz. Note however that OCing over a certain limit (that depends on the phone and on the voltages settings) is unstable and can cause freezes/reboots.

What you can try is using the "Incredicontrol" app to change frequency and voltages and try to find a combination that is stable for you. If you do this, remember to change the frequency within the Incredicontrol app itself, NOT in the ROM system settings, as the rom overclocker kicks in way before Incredicontrol, so you could end up wiht a freeze/reboot before the app can apply the modded voltages.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluyeux

ciao,

despite all the possible formatting I do not see the style jelly beans as in the pictures and it remains only the old style of cm7.

ice10 that is putting the default style, does not change anything.

I also downloaded the path of qguest, everything changes, but not the style, icons ...

how come? I really can not understand ...

sorry for my english, but it is only the translation by google

thanks to all

Guest Master_T

ciao,

despite all the possible formatting I do not see the style jelly beans as in the pictures and it remains only the old style of cm7.

ice10 that is putting the default style, does not change anything.

I also downloaded the path of qguest, everything changes, but not the style, icons ...

how come? I really can not understand ...

sorry for my english, but it is only the translation by google

thanks to all

Replied in italian via pm.

Guest Master_T

I got error durning install V4b (status 7). How to fix it?

Are you using one of the recoveries I posted in the instructions?

Also: make sure the .zip file is undamaged and that you have turned OFF signature check

Edited by Master_T