* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

cemunal

cemunal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can u write any summaries like md5, ...?

usju

usju

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid A1
  • Twitter:@usmanju

bad news :( yet the recorder is important for me.

i had the same bug with LCR-F 2.0 and it could be solved by flashing the original audio lib files
libaudiopolicy.so
libaudioflinger.so
libaudioeffect_jni.so
libaudio.so

but i think they cannot apply to a CM rom

Try flashing the same files from LiquidNext. That ROM does not have recording bug.

modakin

modakin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I flashed the CM7 v3b and used it a week

I found that the signal of incoming call and mail is reversed

when I have incoming call, the mail signal is flicker.....

is it can be solved ?

the link is not available
could you fix it ?

ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi Mi2
Very happy with this ROM but i've noticed battery drain is worse (it drains faster) than on LiquidNext previously. In fact, even on SmartassV2 (which i used on LN as well) it doesn't seem to do much if any better than the stock ROM.
I've also noticed wifi stays on even when the screen is off, even though in my wifi settings it says to sleep when screen is turned off. Might be the reason why battery drain isn't what i hoped? Or is it because LN used an undervolted kernel? And is that possible with this ROM to undervolt the kernel? And does it make the phone less stable? (EDIT: wifi does turn off after a while, just have to wait a bit).
Still curious about the camera app in this ROM compared to stock. Seems to perform equally (bad) as the stock camera, but maybe the camcorder is improved? Is metal camera better and can we flash it (see previous post of mine)?

Edited by ozfunghi, 09 April 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Not buying Acer devices anymore due to the Acer Gallant Duo.

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Very happy with this ROM but i've noticed battery drain is worse (it drains faster) than on LiquidNext previously. In fact, even on SmartassV2 (which i used on LN as well) it doesn't seem to do much if any better than the stock ROM.
I've also noticed wifi stays on even when the screen is off, even though in my wifi settings it says to sleep when screen is turned off. Might be the reason why battery drain isn't what i hoped? Or is it because LN used an undervolted kernel? And is that possible with this ROM to undervolt the kernel? And does it make the phone less stable? (EDIT: wifi does turn off after a while, just have to wait a bit).
Still curious about the camera app in this ROM compared to stock. Seems to perform equally (bad) as the stock camera, but maybe the camcorder is improved? Is metal camera better and can we flash it (see previous post of mine)?

The standard timeout for wifi in Android is 15 minutes, so if youhave wifi on and you switch off the screen it will take 15 minutes for the phone to go into power saving mode (deep sleep). Also, this timeout resets if you turn on the screen, so if you check your phone often enough it could never go into deep sleep. This is the same on all roms. If you want to change the timeout to another value, follow this instructions:

[REF] Disable Wifi On Screen Off - xda-developers

I personally always set it to 1 minute, saves much battery.

ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

The standard timeout for wifi in Android is 15 minutes, so if youhave wifi on and you switch off the screen it will take 15 minutes for the phone to go into power saving mode (deep sleep). Also, this timeout resets if you turn on the screen, so if you check your phone often enough it could never go into deep sleep. This is the same on all roms. If you want to change the timeout to another value, follow this instructions:

[REF] Disable Wifi On Screen Off - xda-developers

I personally always set it to 1 minute, saves much battery.

That explains a lot, but these instructions don't work for me. When i'm in CMD prompt, and type "adb shell", i get a message that it is not a valid command. Phone is in USB debug mode. It's the same problem i had trying to install twrp recovery, which then was solved clicking the .cmd file in the folder. But that doesn't help me here of course. Is there an other way to change the code in the settings file?

The guy in your link said he made an app, but it costs €4 and doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Is it possible using the terminal in this ROM? Or can it be flashed somehow?

Edited by ozfunghi, 09 April 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

That explains a lot, but these instructions don't work for me. When i'm in CMD prompt, and type "adb shell", i get a message that it is not a valid command. Phone is in USB debug mode. It's the same problem i had trying to install twrp recovery, which then was solved clicking the .cmd file in the folder. But that doesn't help me here of course. Is there an other way to change the code in the settings file?

The guy in your link said he made an app, but it costs €4 and doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.

Is it possible using the terminal in this ROM? Or can it be flashed somehow?

To use adb you need to be in a folder that contains adb.exe with your command prompt, you can't just use it from any folder. Easiest way if you're on windows vista or newer: right click on the folder that contains adb.exe WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE SHIFT KEY, the select "Open command window here"

ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yeah... that helps me one step further, but i get stuck immediately after. When i type...

busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /sdcard/settings.db

i get...

cp: can't stat 'busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db' no such file or directory

Edit: nevermind; i downloaded "wifi sleep free" which is an app that lets you set the time-out as well. I'll test this out first before bothering people any further. Things never work like you want them to anyway, so this is a bit too much of a hastle if you are not familiar with stuff like this.

Edited by ozfunghi, 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Yeah... that helps me one step further, but i get stuck immediately after. When i type...

busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db /sdcard/settings.db

i get...

cp: can't stat 'busybox cp /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db' no such file or directory

Edit: nevermind; i downloaded "wifi sleep free" which is an app that lets you set the time-out as well. I'll test this out first before bothering people any further. Things never work like you want them to anyway, so this is a bit too much of a hastle if you are not familiar with stuff like this.

Yeah, the guide is for a different device that has different paths, for the liquid do this:

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db

Open the settings.db file you just pulled with SQLite Browser. Go to "browse data" and select the table "secure". Click "new record", a blank row will appear at the bottom of the table. Double click on the blank "name" field and input "wifi_idle_ms" (without quotes). Then double click on the "value" field and input the timeout you want, in milliseconds (ie: "60000" for 1 minute). Once done, click save. Close SQLite Browser and give the command:

adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Restart the phone.

Edited by Master_T, 09 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Yeah, the guide is for a different device that has different paths, for the liquid do this:

Open the settings.db file you just pulled with SQLite Browser. Go to "browse data" and select the table "secure". Click "new record", a blank row will appear at the bottom of the table. Double click on the blank "name" field and input "wifi_idle_ms" (without quotes). Then double click on the "value" field and input the timeout you want, in milliseconds (ie: "60000" for 1 minute). Once done, click save. Close SQLite Browser and give the command:
Restart the phone.

Not working either. I get "adb: not found"

Just to make sure: the phone is connected through USB, debug mode turned on. I open CMD in a folder with adb.exe (i use the same folder i used to install the twrp recovery). I type "adb shell". I get a # on a new line. I type "su" and enter, but nothing changes, i type the line you quoted above, and i get "adb: not found".

JohnyR21

JohnyR21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Any idea why when I try to add an account, the phone crashes and reboots?

zafa

zafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:1245
Since i installed this rom V3b following the steps in the first page 2 days ago, i feel like i have a new phone, its very fluid, and with a great minimal batery drain.
Thanks for the great work.

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Not working either. I get "adb: not found"

Just to make sure: the phone is connected through USB, debug mode turned on. I open CMD in a folder with adb.exe (i use the same folder i used to install the twrp recovery). I type "adb shell". I get a # on a new line. I type "su" and enter, but nothing changes, i type the line you quoted above, and i get "adb: not found".

Who said anything about typing "adb shell"?? Do not type "adb shell". Use the commands I gave you directly from the windows prompt

Any idea why when I try to add an account, the phone crashes and reboots?

As written in the instructions, flash gapps if you want to use google stuff...

ozfunghi

ozfunghi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Who said anything about typing "adb shell"?? Do not type "adb shell". Use the commands I gave you directly from the windows prompt

Errr... maybe the link you posted as a guide to follow? lol

I'll try again later tonight.

Edit: it seems to have worked!

Edit2: so step by step, if others are interested:

-enable USB debugging on the phone
-connect the phone to your PC
-on the pc, browse to a folder with adb.exe
-shift+right click in this folder, choose to open a cmd window in this location
-type (or paste with right mouse click) "adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db" and press enter
-open the settings.db file you just pulled (the file will be located in the same folder on your pc), with SQLite Browser.
-go to "browse data" and select the table "secure".
-click "new record", a blank row will appear at the bottom of the table.
-double click on the blank "name" field and input "wifi_idle_ms" (without quotes).
-double click on the "value" field and input the timeout you want, in milliseconds (ie: "60000" for 1 minute).
-click save. Close SQLite Browser
-open the cmd window again (same principle) and type (or paste) "adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db" and press enter.
-restart phone & disconnect the cable

Edited by ozfunghi, 11 April 2013 - 09:14 PM.

ShurikGreek

ShurikGreek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Delete

Edited by ShurikGreek, 06 November 2013 - 05:33 PM.

usju

usju

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I tried flashing the Wakelock fixed LiquidParts into v3b ROM in order to get the Swap function working. Now my LiquidParts is not working. FC when i try to launch it :(

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

I tried flashing the Wakelock fixed LiquidParts into v3b ROM in order to get the Swap function working. Now my LiquidParts is not working. FC when i try to launch it :(

Try to wipe all and flash ROM and then LP immediately on top of it.

Anyway, I'll release a new version of the ROM with the LP with swap function re-enabled and the latest enhancments from JBTheme by QGuest, probably tomorrow,

noizyotr

noizyotr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
qguest is not the owner of jbtheme you can find on xda

Master_T

Master_T

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
V3c ROM is up! New in this release:

Restored SWAP settings in LiquidParts
Updated to latest JBTheme package with performance and ui fixes

usju

usju

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

V3c ROM is up! New in this release:

Great! Will test ASAP. Now I guess the only thing left to fix is the low volume of sound recording :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users