[CM 7.2] CM7 Remix - V4c

Guest Master_T

Guest philippe75017

thanks master_t !

i DL version 3e

two suggestions for the post's 1st page :

1 specify that GAPPS is required not only for market and other apps, but is required to add one's google account (if not, the liquid will reboot when trying to add a google account in parameters menu)

2 the link for GAPPS : clik on the link and do not use right button + save, because if so you don't save the zip itself

Guest philippe75017

i installed 3e and for now i'm quite happy :)

a (silly) question : i didn't assign the ICE10 theme yet, may i keep the default theme for now ? is it just a matter of layout or do i miss features ?

Guest Master_T

i installed 3e and for now i'm quite happy :)

a (silly) question : i didn't assign the ICE10 theme yet, may i keep the default theme for now ? is it just a matter of layout or do i miss features ?

You can use any theme you want really... the Ice10 is the one that "fits" better with the layout, but you're not missing any features.

Guest Sany Linux

@Master_T you have made great work so far, keep coding my friend!

Here some suggestions:

-Replace standard Gallery app with QuickPic

-Add this email app witch helps you manage all of your accounts easily.

Finally you should try PimpMyROM, maybe you find something useful.

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I recently flashed this ROM and noticed that its LiquidParts app did not contain SVS (over/undervolt) settings like in the ROMs this one is supposedly based off of; you wrote that you disabled it because "the ROM already comes pre-tweaked with optimal voltages". However, I would still prefer tweaking them myself, especially since every device is different in how much it can handle at certain voltages, and I know for a fact that I'm one of the luckier ones (e.g. it can easily handle 1036MHz on stock voltage). Also, if I were to restore my backup copy of the app from the previous ROM, could I still safely set SVS settings?

I know you might be getting a lot of suggestions, but here's one that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet: AppWidgetPicker. It's a tiny (about 100kB) app that, when placed in /system/app, makes selecting widgets MUCH more organised. Here's the link to the XDA thread; I've been using it in every ROM I've tried for the past 2 years.

Guest Master_T

@Sany Linux: to be honest, I prefer to have the minimum possible amount of 3rd party apps in the rom, as I prefer "Clean" roms. If someone wants QuickPic, or any other app, they can just install it from market easily. I prefer to leave the choice to the user, rather than including a 3rd party app that some may not like.

@Delnar_Ersike: if you want to tweak voltages manually, I recommend the app "incredicontrol" on the market, it's free and it will overwrite my personalized voltages.

I tried AppWidgetPicker, it works great. It actually solves the "white text on white background" bug when selecting a widget that another user reported a bit back. Will integrate in next version.

Guest Master_T

@Master_T Is there something we can do about battery consumption, it's too high.

To diagnose what is draining battery, I recommend "Better Battery Stats" (Note: it's paid on market but it's FREE if you get it from the author's post on XDA forums, search with google and you'll find it!)

As for general battery drain, not so much you can do. If you use mobile data frequently, I recommend the app "2g auto toggle". It automatically switches from 3g to 2g when you turn off the screen, it saves a lot of battery while still keeping data enabled so whatsapp/email/etc. manage to get through.

Another hint if you use wifi a lot is to change the wifi timeout so that it goes to sleep after 1-2 minutes instead of the default 15 after you turn off the screen. There is a procedure posted a few pages back, check it out. I want to automate that procedure and include it in LiquidParts if I can, maybe in next release, unfortunately I'm a bit busy these days, we'll see.

Guest Thmz159

This ROM works really good but drains the battery a lot in standby :/ Much more than my previous ROM (CM7.2 remix if I remember it right)

Guest Master_T

This ROM works really good but drains the battery a lot in standby :/ Much more than my previous ROM (CM7.2 remix if I remember it right)

LOL, this IS cm7 remix.

Anyway, without a test I can't help you. As I said above, get the free version of "better battery stats" from XDA, and perform this test:

1)Open BBS

2)Connect your usb and disconnect it, so BBS creates a checkpoint

3)Switch off wifi and turn off the phone screen

4)Let it rest for an hour

5)Open BBS and tap menu key and then "Refresh"

6)Select "CPU States". If everything is good most of the time while in standby the phone should be in the state "deep sleep". If it is you are ok

7)If it isn't, you must check under "partial wakelocks" and "kernel wakelocks" to see if any app or kernel process has held a wakelock during the hour you kept the screen off. That is most likely responsible for the high drain.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Master_T

V4 is up! Not that "huge" of a change, but I wanted to change the version number :D:D:D

The new version includes a new modified LiquidParts that lets you change the wifi sleep timer, here's what it looks like:

screenshot_1368870463536.jpg

What this does: it changes how much time it takes for wifi to deactivate (if it's on) after you turn off the screen. Since the phone won't go into deep sleep if wifi is on, this can help you save battery. The default value in Android is quite high (15 minutes), which means that, if you don't turn off your wifi manually, every time the phone wakes up 15 minutes will pass before it goes back to deep sleep. If you use your phone often enough this can translate in it never going to deep sleep. By changing this option to a shorter period (I use 1:30 minutes) you can save a lot of battery without having to manually disable wifi and then re-enable it when you use the phone. If you don't use wifi or you always manually turn it off before turning off the screen, ignore this setting, it won't change anything for you.

The other change is: integrated the custom widget picker (thanks Delnar_Ersike for the suggestion), fixes white text on white background when selecting a widget and makes widget selection more organized.

Guest Faust89

i've a problem...when i setting the wifi sleep timeout i reset the phone but it goes in loop during the boot animation...any solution?

Guest noizyotr

i've a problem...when i setting the wifi sleep timeout i reset the phone but it goes in loop during the boot animation...any solution?

Did you make a backup of settings.db

or otherwise you need to factory reset

this is what i am trying to prevent so i started a new topic if someone can upload settings.db

Guest Faust89

i'm prevent this by making a nandroid backup...by the way i've the same problem even if i change manually settings.db file...

Guest Master_T

This is quite weird, I tested this on my phone and it warked flawlessly O.o.

Can you do an experiment for me? Go in recovery and use "fix permissions".

Guest noizyotr

Can you upload settings.db file

Guest Faust89

before or after change timing value?

Guest Faust89

ok i'm trying now...

edit: i did it but after fixing permission wifi sleep timeout will be resetted to the default value

Edited by Faust89

Guest Master_T

Ok I figured out the problem, uploading a fixed version of the rom as we speak...

Edited by Master_T

Guest Sany Linux

Is there a way to change the default "Call me" screen to something like this:

Screenshot_2012-07-19-14-28-18.png

I tried Holo Locker but it only changes the lock screen.