I found this one to be peticulary good.
Two roms among those were even better,
Check your baseband in phone settings, then proceed accordingly:
Installation instructions for 109808 baseband (check in your phone settings):
- You have to have baseband 109808, phone rooted, unlocked bootloader and a recovery on (cwm, maybe twrp).
- Download zip file (rom), gapps for GB, HwIme or another keyboard and transfer that to SDcard.
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off fast boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for 10 seconds.
- You are in CWM now (probably)
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mounts: Format System, Cache, Cust, Data
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, battery stats if you have them, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> gapps for GB (zip)
- Reboot to system
Leave your phone now for 5 minutes, let it take a breath.
Skip Google intro.
You don`t have a keyboard yet, so go to your rom`s file manager and find HwIme keyboard, install it.
- You have to have baseband 2030, phone rooted, unlocked bootloader and a recovery on (cwm, maybe twrp).
- Same as in the guide above, just with an extra step after you flash your rom (zip).
Imediatelly after flashing rom - you have to flash a patch:
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> GB&CM7_on_2030bb_patch.zip
- Now proceed with your gapps (zip) and Reboot to system and allow phone to rest for 5 minutes
EDIT: this patch breaks network, sooner or later. No real harm, but you will lose phone signal and you˙ll have to flash something else.
SO - flash this rom only on 109808 baseband.
1. Directly based on the official firmware Huawei U8818 Android 2.3, V100R001C17B899;
2. Updated V6 SuperCharger engine, integrated KickAssKernel optimization and supporting su update, busybox.
3. Reallocated OOM, optimized program run priority, enhanced power saving, smooth, stable, with comprehensive performance;
4. Wifi speed, 3G signal optimized; sd card speed, battery optimization;
5. Enhanced scrolling and overall touch response; enhanced the quality of pictures and camera;
6. Opened the cust partition free space, and more nearly 80mb installer available space;
7. Updated the hosts file - block ads; the integrated Root file Manager;
8. ICS power and signal icon;
9. You can choose to install apps to memory or sd card;
10. True SRS WOW HD sound, not the other installed software, no longer fooled so-called Dolby magic sound;
11. Apps are ODEX, and zipelign optimization is carried to effectively reduce the memory footprint;
12. added a script to turn off the keyboard lights, renamed as the system \ etc \ init.d under the Z90closeButtonLight.sh
of Z90closeButtonLight after the restart to turn off the keyboard lights;
Arabic language patch by Tillaz:
For smoother experience change original launcher to AWD or Lightning.
You can uninstall baidu keyboard aftery you set your own.
Replaced chinese calendar
Deleted 3-4 chinese apps
Network is really fast!
Battery life`s great!
Anzhi forum for bringing CM7 rom
Others from modaco and serbian g300 forum for testing the stuff above.
Download (original chinese version):
Edited by dakok, 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM.