88 replies to this topic

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen1 R.B.M.1 Grand X
staying with Starscream Mod (v1.6) as i find ZTES3 eat my battery to much.any chance of a link for cm9 ROM? as couldn't see it on 4PDA site. thanks. .....update.....no need for link as my phone is dead.used recovery builder to make a new recovery img and replaced the recovery img that was in grand x tools, re-installed recovery with new img tried to get in to recovery but luck tried turn on phone but it wont start,connected the phone to comp and tried to to see if i could re-install recovery now its saying no driver.back to my blade now,and im going to buy the star n8000. sod this stupid phone.

Edited by sam tyler, 07 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Hello?could someone help me with my dead ZTE Blade? as i`m trapped in 1973!

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:grand x
again :(. you should check the micro usb port. Is the pin farthest to the left bent or broken if it is get a usb port put in for around £25. dont buy the star n8000 it will be worse then this. look at the ace 2 or xperia u, even the star n9770 is better then then the n8000

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
how was your phone reacting before you got the new usb? as my phone goes to boot up (i can feel it in my hand )the red light comes on then go out and sometimes it says(on comp ) apx or needs driver for apx. before i get it repaired.let me know.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
well i booted up normally went past the zte logo and got stuck at the kgmda screen/android logo. When i put it in the computer it charged normally but it thought it was connected to a mains charger and it showed nothing was connected on the pc but if it moved it around in the usb port it said unknown device. When i got a new one put in it recognised and installed driver and then i done adb reboot recovery to get into recovery and wiped and installed starscreamod and it works perfectly again :).You should check its your usb port first is it like a brand new one or is it broken a bit?

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
i bought mine grand x off ebay.and the usb cable felt lose when i connected it to the phone.now i have to find an good phone shop to repair it.i never had this problem with my ZTE racer(s) and blade(s) the more phones this lot chuck out the worse they get would have been more easy to get the ZTE blade 3!! if i cant get it sorted,im going to get the mtk6577 phone and the new version comes with jellybean installed.yes the port does look rough,just tested it again sometimes it says unknown device or it says needs driver for apx.what the hell apx? googled it find nothing.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
idk probably some nvidia thing. my usb port fell lose 1 day afte ri bought mine probably because it was always on charge and its very cheaply made. the mtk6577 one is ok but the ram is slow, no front facing camera and worse performance. atleast you have jelly bean. just get the £115 s3 of amazon its 4.7 inches and looks good. it should befixed though. my zte cable doesnt work so i use a amazon kindle cable and a htc one. once you get it fixed try different micro usb cables

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
got a new usb port fitted to the phone today.red light comes on now and thats it.adb wont work.used 4 different usb cables still nothing.i think its dead.by the the way just for future info the recovery img in grand x tools is a hacked version of the recovery(version no.recovery is the same and same layout and info) for the twin sim version of this phone.maybe that's why i couldn't back up and restore. ive gone right off zte now,im using my blade(cm10) until my new phone turns up.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
That's sad :(. You should wait a little after you connect phone to PC for like 5 minutes then cmd and flash ROM from adb or try a adB reboot recovery . what will be your next phone? Fastcardtech has great cheap quad cores for under £150. Try to contact zte, I contacted them on facebook before and they told me to see if I was still under warranty they contact them and they would make me send my handset to them. Would change my grand x if I could. I get bad battery life even when I use different governors and clock CPU to 600mhz.

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
as I said, adb won't work and I tried cmd and it comes back as reboot into bootloader or it can't find path . what command line do you use? in grand x tools it says can't detect phone. you can hear it boot again and again. and that's all it does. I've bricked my blades a few times and I've brought them back from the dead but this one is a nightmare. the twin version has better options for custom ROMs.I think that would have been an better buy.

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
as I said, adb won't work and I tried cmd and it comes back as reboot into bootloader or it can't find path . what command line do you use? in grand x tools it says can't detect phone. you can hear it boot again and again. and that's all it does. I've bricked my blades a few times and I've brought them back from the dead but this one is a nightmare. the twin version has better options for custom ROMs.I think that would have been an better buy.

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
sorry about double post.

rosco-85

rosco-85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4

got a new usb port fitted to the phone today.red light comes on now and thats it.adb wont work.used 4 different usb cables still nothing.i think its dead.by the the way just for future info the recovery img in grand x tools is a hacked version of the recovery(version no.recovery is the same and same layout and info) for the twin sim version of this phone.maybe that's why i couldn't back up and restore. ive gone right off zte now,im using my blade(cm10) until my new phone turns up.

I actually had the very same problem with mine after I had installed a custom ROM and tried to re-install the stock ROM using the ZTE Update Tool from their website. Phone went dead and everytime I tried to turn it on, I just got a blinking red light.

Actually had to send my phone off to 'Phones 4 U', even though I didn't get it there. it's only them and Virgin that handle UK warranty repairs. Got it done for nothing and it came back with B02 Stock on it after less than two weeks.

Since then I've bricked the phone a second time, but used your technique of re-rooting and booting into recovery. Worked perfectly, but I had the charging animation on the screen when I did that.

1) Left phone on charging screen.
2) Installed MTK USB Drivers from ZTE.
3) Ran root tool from XDA on charging screen but had to manually turn off phone.
4) Installed recovery on charging screen with ZTE tools.
5) Ran 'adb reboot recovery' in cmd while on charging screen.

Success. Could now install any ROM again!

P.S. I don't recommended formatting any partitions in between installing ROMS. Just wipe/data factory reset.

Edited by rosco-85, 10 April 2013 - 10:37 AM.

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
problem for me is I don't even get the battery icon come up when I connect the phone to the comp or charger.so my guess I've bricked it.

rosco-85

rosco-85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

problem for me is I don't even get the battery icon come up when I connect the phone to the comp or charger.so my guess I've bricked it.

Surely still under warranty though? I bought mine on eBay, but still managed to get Phones 4 U to repair it, even without a PoP.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
yeah ur right wiping does mess it up thats how i bricked mine on ztes3 before.im only going to wipe zteconfig from now on and im scared of flashing another rom because of what happened last time. I heard about phones4u fixing it and you should give it a try. they might use jtag to unbrick it or something.

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
mine did come from Orange,but as i had a new new usb port put in,i think the warranty will be void. if you go on some of the forums for virgin phones etc,there are loads of bricked grand x`s out there.some people had 2 or even 3 phones replaced.in the forums ZTE say contact the phone company you got the phone from,so that means they washed the hands of the phone.i see on 4PDA site that people are reporting bricked phones there as well,i think this phone shouldn't have left the factory.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
the virgin forum reviews i read before seemed funny. how can a phone have so many problems? i think they might be writing them on purpose but the phone isnt as bad as some of the reviews say it is. the usb port is flimsy, the screen feels rubbery and looks dull and bad battery life + no more support but thats about it. and the recovery issue. i could have got a nexus 4 before for a little bit more if i had known about it but for the price i cant complain i get over 2700 in quadrant and it beats phones like the atrix 4g and galaxy nexus so im fine with it.

rosco-85

rosco-85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

the virgin forum reviews i read before seemed funny. how can a phone have so many problems? i think they might be writing them on purpose but the phone isnt as bad as some of the reviews say it is. the usb port is flimsy, the screen feels rubbery and looks dull and bad battery life + no more support but thats about it. and the recovery issue. i could have got a nexus 4 before for a little bit more if i had known about it but for the price i cant complain i get over 2700 in quadrant and it beats phones like the atrix 4g and galaxy nexus so im fine with it.

Considering the price you can pick them up for now, you still can't do much better for the money. I bought mine last year for £115. Absolute bargain. You could probably get a near new one for under a hundred now. Only thing that annoys me is the false promise of Jelly Bean!

I've had less problems with this than my previous phone the Huawei G300.

Any of you guys know how to stop the phone randomly resetting your ringtones and alarms back to default without having to use a root exploer to put them in the system folder?

Edited by rosco-85, 10 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

jaz1-_

jaz1-_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
No sorry you could try a reset and then flash a new rom after such as kgdma's or StarscreamMOD. I bought this for £200 from Virgin and then I had to pay for a case, screen protectors and a new micro usb port which totals to £235(nexus 4). Overall I'm happy with it and even my friends are impressed by it especially when I use the hot spot function and get crazy speeds of 11mbps!

grodstrike

grodstrike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
rosco-85
MTK USB Drivers? They working with grand x (nvidia tegra 2)? And what is root tool from XDA and ZTE tools?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users