It turns out that the leaks were largely right - on the hardware and design side, the S 4 is very, VERY much an evolution of it's predecessor. The screen has grown to a 5" 1080 resolution panel (still AMOLED and usable with gloves), the CPU is either an octa-core Exynos or a Snapdragon 600 depending on territory and 2GB RAM is onboard. While the device retains it's plastic back, it is framed by an metallic edge for a perceptible bump in build quality. Talking of bumps, a bump on the back houses the 13 Megapixel camera.
Software wise there's 4.2.2 right off the bat and a huge number of new features, including:
- Adapt display and adapt sound
- Air view / Air gesture (using an IR sensor)
- Group play
- Knox business / personal segregation software
- Optical reader (business card scanner)
- S health (think fitness tracking, built into your phone with accessories such as a wristband)
- S translate
- Smart pause / smart scroll
- Watchon (remote app, see below!)
Power comes from a 2600mah removable battery, which nestles behind the removable back with the, yes, you guessed it, microSD slot!
Pricing is yet to be announced, the device will be available in white or black at the end of April - rest assure we'll be putting one through it's paces as soon as we can.
Click here to view the item