Screen protectors?

Guest kupp

I was considering buying one of those, not exactly for protection since gorila glass is already pretty good at that, but more to deal with fingerprints and dirt which I find the G300 screen is horrible at (isn't the screen supposed to be slightly oleophobic if I recall reading it somewhere?), it's constantly getting very smudged, a lot more than I see in some other phones. Checked amazon.co.uk and there's a plethora of choices available, so can anyone recommend me one in particular that is better at dealing with dirty screens if there is one, and/or just better in general? Thanks.

Guest TangerineTractor

I was considering buying one of those, not exactly for protection since gorila glass is already pretty good at that, but more to deal with fingerprints and dirt which I find the G300 screen is horrible at (isn't the screen supposed to be slightly oleophobic if I recall reading it somewhere?), it's constantly getting very smudged, a lot more than I see in some other phones. Checked amazon.co.uk and there's a plethora of choices available, so can anyone recommend me one in particular that is better at dealing with dirty screens if there is one, and/or just better in general? Thanks.

Save your money. Give it to charity.

If screen cleaning is an issue, then putting a protector on well just bug you. You'll get bubbles behind if no matter how hard you try, you'll probably waste two or three trying to get it right, then either give up of use one with bubbles in or a bit wonky. It will still get fingerprints on it too.

I wear glasses, so every time I need to clean them I give my phone a wipe. Nip into an opticians and ask for a cleaning cloth. Some will give you them free. Best thing for wiping the screen clean.

Edited by TangerineTractor

• 3 weeks later...
Guest george109

I have a screen protecter, and it does have a few bubbles, but it does protect my gorilla glass as I would much rather scratch a 25p screen protector that smashing a £100 phone!

Guest sistah

My screen protector came just today and I apply it a few hours ago.

The package contains 6 of them ,and yes I wasted 5 of them to fit it perfectly.

No bubles at all.

I think screen protectors are essential for smartphones.

Anyways I got them from amazon. They were cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clear-Screen-Protectors-Huawei-Ascend/dp/B007ZC04UW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364948951&sr=8-2

Guest george109

Mine came with a silicon case for it... I still have 4 out of the 5 left, as with my last phone after throwing away a pack of wasted protectors, I realised it would never be perfect.

Guest bladebuddy

Tip for putting a screen protector on bubble free . First clean the screen well with a glass cleaner and quality duster then either in the steamy bathroom or near a boiling kettle ,apply the screen protector , as the steam traps tiny dust particles and helps stop them landing on the screen and also provides more movement for the screen protector.

Read it on this forum and it works a treat.

Guest george109
Tip for putting a screen protector on bubble free . First clean the screen well with a glass cleaner and quality duster then either in the steamy bathroom or near a boiling kettle ,apply the screen protector , as the steam traps tiny dust particles and helps stop them landing on the screen and also provides more movement for the screen protector.

Read it on this forum and it works a treat.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that the next time I put a screen protector on