Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
1. It's ok.. I left it to over night off (on 0%) to drain it completely. just put it now on the charger and will calibrate it again and see in couple of days..
dont think ist (my) app, because this time installed even less apps. (dont use widgets and weather apps) and sync is normally off..
2. dont worry about ATM. i know that you will check this when you get time. ;)

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Quick question .

Are upgrades possible from other ROM's based on 4.1.2 (i.e : ParanoidJelly) ?

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Quick question .

Are upgrades possible from other ROM's based on 4.1.2 (i.e : ParanoidJelly) ?

Rule of thumb, if upgrading on the same rom, jb2 to jb2 ect, yes dirty flash would be ok,unless issues present themselves. if moving from say slimbean to jb2, full wipes would be recommended. I would recommend ,a clean install on anything other than a same rom update.

Happy Easter :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Rule of thumb, if upgrading on the same rom, jb2 to jb2 ect, yes dirty flash would be ok,unless issues present themselves. if moving from say slimbean to jb2, full wipes would be recommended. I would recommend ,a clean install on anything other than a same rom update.

Happy Easter :)

Thanks. Glad it's not a lie :D

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
@C3C0 have you had any problems decompiling framework for this ROM? Got a friend who's ported it but having problems and thinks framework is to blame, but it won't decompile for him to look inside. If not, what do you use?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
I never needed to. This ROM is built from source.
But to decompile, he has to install framework-res.apk that's from slimbean:
java -jar apktool.jar if path_to_framework_res

Edited by C3C0, 03 April 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

dabiz

dabiz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II

Not sure whether that was an apology or something but I forgive you for incorrect advice LOL :P However, even before flashing proxcal.zip I was getting the non working proximity sensor problems anyways, which means I still would have had to mess around with the prox_data.txt file permissions any way!...

On a side note, just noticed some updater-script coding faults!... I know it won't kill the device but I found that you mounted the system twice and forgot to unmount the data in prox_data2.zip updater-script, just thought I let you know and using "set_perm(0, 0, 0444, "/data/misc/prox_data.txt");" does work better than what you have it coded to! Apologies, if I embarrassed you or something but I had to point this out to you! :P

Anyways, thanks for helping with getting this issue solved and hope you keep on trucking with brilliant ROMs so far! :thumbsup:

Could you upload the script you modified here? im experiencing also problems with the proximity sensor (which I didn't have in other ROMs) and none of both scripts seems to work for me. I also tried to set the permissions of the file with a file explorer but the screen stays always on during calls.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Introducing: Widgets viewpager

1) Define viewpager widgets
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-13-59-51.png   39.26KB   73 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-00-19.png   67.54KB   74 downloads

2) Bind to HW key long-press (also applicable to Navbar buttons and Navring)
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-00-39.png   47.97KB   69 downloads

3) Display it whenever needed
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-01-11.png   131.57KB   63 downloads

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Introducing: Widgets viewpager

1) Define viewpager widgets
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-13-59-51.png   39.26KB   73 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-00-19.png   67.54KB   74 downloads

2) Bind to HW key long-press (also applicable to Navbar buttons and Navring)
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-00-39.png   47.97KB   69 downloads

3) Display it whenever needed
Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-05-14-01-11.png   131.57KB   63 downloads

Really awesome feature . It will be implemented on the next build right ?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
New build available.

Changelog 05/04/2013
- Fixed rare graphical glitches in navbar/status bar
- Final FM Radio audio routing fixes
- Updated Effem app
- Widgets viewpager
- Option to lock volume keys in silent mode
- CM AutoBrightness adjustments
- Option to switch camera sound on/off
- Removed useless HDR from Camera options
- Added SoundRecorder app
- New translations for some languages
- Other small bug fixes and optimizations
- Upgrade without wiping data possible

mrvlhs

mrvlhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Have you looked into the calibration sensor fix? I applied it (proxcal and proxi_update2) and it worked fine but after a while it stopped working again. I haven't opened the proximity definitions again.

Also, can you please explain on how to update without wiping? Just install normally without any other precautions? Thanks C3C0!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
don't use proxcal.zip. It's useless. I am going to delete it to stop people from getting confused.

The proxcal.zip installs as init script and is run at every boot and overwrites your prox values.
Delete 07proxcal from /system/etc/init.d and apply one of proxi_update (depending on which one works for you)

Upgrade instructions are in the first post... If you're going to upgrade now, you don't have to delete that 07proxcal. It will be wiped automatically.

Edited by C3C0, 05 April 2013 - 12:53 PM.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
How to add widget on lock screen ?

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

How to add widget on lock screen ?

Hold the one you have there (by default it's a clock), drag it to the trash can. You'll have an empty space to put a widget on.

You can access multiple pages of widgets by swiping down in your main one and swiping to the left. To the right is your camera.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

koa125

koa125

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Very good job ;)

robboardman

robboardman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

Been holding back on to paranoid jelly and is working very well, mainly because of the "bluetooth temprimental" comment, do you know if this will be fixed soon, or is it impossible?

Thanks for everyone work on Skate it has been fun trying out new roms as they have been posted.

Robb

sinclairpn

sinclairpn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I had a problem to install link2sd after reboot behaved smartphone that wants to set up everything as in a clean installation, but did not go any network, so GSM or WiFi, then I tried S2E script from ICS and now it works fine

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

Could you upload the script you modified here? im experiencing also problems with the proximity sensor (which I didn't have in other ROMs) and none of both scripts seems to work for me. I also tried to set the permissions of the file with a file explorer but the screen stays always on during calls.

Need the proxi_update2.zip fixed read-only prox_data.txt, well here it is! You're welcome to take away with you for your backup on goo.im C3C0... Sorry for the delay :P

http://dl.dropbox.co...pdate2fixed.zip

Edited by trueno2k, 06 April 2013 - 01:11 PM.

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

shaez

shaez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Could someone tell me how to create a TPT for this ROM and flash it?
Everytime I got it created, restarted the phone, do the home+power+vol down it boots normally. Or do I have to flash it in recovery or something?

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
You need to hold menu+ volume-up+ power not home button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users