Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

457 replies to this topic

iYowo

iYowo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NOTE II

I installed X-plore but where is it located?

system/framework :)

ChowChilla

ChowChilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE

system/framework :)

i tried moving ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png to /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi but X-plore wouldnt allow it?

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4
this is for the latest slimbean build, framework res.apk with the normal lockscreen handle. untested as iam on jb2. just flash in cwm. feedback would be nice to see if it works. as always make a nandroid first :)

http://db.tt/ilaEMSeV

Edited by plegdroid, 10 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

LAWL.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

LAWL.

I was gonna request someone to upload the framework, but settled on downloading the rom for it instead.

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

i tried moving ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png to /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi but X-plore wouldnt allow it?

you would have had to give it wright privileges Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1365613609695.jpg   41.39KB   76 downloads
:)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

Lex20nine

Lex20nine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Out of curiosity. Could you guys share, if C3C0 and others don't bother, your favorite governor settings? I'd like to compare and see if there's a common preference to try. Thanks

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Out of curiosity. Could you guys share, if C3C0 and others don't bother, your favorite governor settings? I'd like to compare and see if there's a common preference to try. Thanks

smartassv2 & sio :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

SmartassV2 here.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB

this is for the latest slimbean build, framework res.apk with the normal lockscreen handle. untested as iam on jb2. just flash in cwm. feedback would be nice to see if it works. as always make a nandroid first :)

http://db.tt/ilaEMSeV

Works perfectly thanks! :D

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Works perfectly thanks! :D

Your very welcome :) and Thank You for your rooting guide :P :D

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Women
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4
great ROM, just tried it, fits perfectly

epicbattle wallpaper

mrvlhs

mrvlhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I upgraded without wiping data and everything is gone lol. What remained?

GodShot

GodShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Bluetooth is 'broken' in Android itself. They completely changed Bluetooth stacks in 4.2.0, which broke compatibility with a ton of devices.

Have you tried connecting to other WPA2 access points?

My friend's SII could easily use my wifi AP and my iPad also could get acess to the internet throught my AP using WPA2 protocol. Until now, I've installed rootbox and slimbean, both of them should take more than 10 minutes to be connected to the internet. In addition, I have to set my phone awake all the time when charging or my phone would not continue linking with the AP. Or is it because I should try to set the encryption method easier like WEP or WPA?? If I should, then how?

Edited by GodShot, 11 April 2013 - 01:50 AM.

henkjan123

henkjan123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Installed the ROM, unfortunately it has caused my data usage to increase to enormously huge volumes, with almost hourly transfers of 15MB (always this amount), resulting in depleting my 1GB monthly plan in no-time. Trying to find the culprit, I looked under Settings > Data Usage, where it shows that Android OS has used 1.21GB in the last 4 days, of which Foreground 0.00B and Background 1.21GB. Any idea why this is happening?

I have now updated to the ROM from April 05, and hope that the data transfer problems are over now - but still would be happy with any clue about mysterious data?

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Installed the ROM, unfortunately it has caused my data usage to increase to enormously huge volumes, with almost hourly transfers of 15MB (always this amount), resulting in depleting my 1GB monthly plan in no-time. Trying to find the culprit, I looked under Settings > Data Usage, where it shows that Android OS has used 1.21GB in the last 4 days, of which Foreground 0.00B and Background 1.21GB. Any idea why this is happening?

I have now updated to the ROM from April 05, and hope that the data transfer problems are over now - but still would be happy with any clue about mysterious data?

turn Google backup off :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Beat me to it this time :D

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

RiverCassade

RiverCassade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, iPhone 3GS
Hi guys,

This is a first time post, so apologies in advance if I annoy or offend; it's not intentional(!)

Just tested-out this ROM, and it's pretty decent, running stable for me. I'm even getting stable and predictable bluetooth use. Just wanted to report/say something I've not seen mentioned in this thread so far:

The phone tells me gesture typing is available, and even shows the trails of my gestures as I type them, it just doesn't produce any words. Just wondered if this is by design, or an errors. Either way, happy to keep testing and report back if it's of use to anyone.

Edited by RiverCassade, 11 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Swipe on stock keyboard won't work on our hardware. Then only option is to go for some alternative like swype from play store...

Edited by C3C0, 11 April 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
Another nice alternative is the ported Xperia Z keyboard on XDA by Rizal Lovins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users