Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)

1 flashed rom
2 boot to rom
3 flash int2ext+
4 boot to rom
5 flash gapps ... reboot
:)

Doesn't work, which ext format (ext2,ext3 or ext4) are you using? And how did you format your ext partition? Clockworkmod or on pc with a program?

Edit : also which int2ext+ script do you use. I'm using C3C0's script for PA2-Jelly in the RootBox thread (last page).

Edited by thomcd, 18 March 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(
Any way to have the default lockscreen circle instaid of the slim one?

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Any way to have the default lockscreen circle instaid of the slim one?

install Holo Locker, it's a fully functional JB lockscreen, it's not a themed lockscreen lookalike, but the actual JB lockscreen. Or you could copy the SystemUI from PA2 Jelly or Rootbox, although I think this is not recommended and maybe dangerous.

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
Guys can somebody please write how does this rom compare to root box in terms of speeds and responsiveness? I ask because rb is quite fast and id be hard pressed to give up all the functionality which, I see, slim bean lacks.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
Just try it for yourself, it's all down to personal preference.

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I've given up on int2ext+ scripts, I've tried everything, ext2, ext3, ext4, swap and no swap, fresh SD (complete wipe). I think it has something to do with my SD card, I'm using a sandisk mobile ultra 32gb microsdhc card (Class 6, but with the performance of a Class 8), maybe the int2ext scripts don't like big cards. Switching back to S2E now.

Edited by thomcd, 18 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)

How did you install int2ext+, I've tried anything flashing the zip in recovery, modifying the ROM by placing the 40int2ext in the etc/init.d folder. I'm using a 1GB ext3 partition created by recovery, I checked if the sdext is mounted in mounts and storages and it is but in apps the total space is only the internal memory.

clean instal:
1. rom
2. gapps
3. kernel
4. in2ext+

booted the phone, and "voila" :D

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Kernel? I followed a couple of tutorials but none mention a kernel. Turns out the modified S2E I downloaded doesn't work with this ROM, can't mount the ext3 either. Switching back to PA2-Jelly now. Edit : Flashed PA2-Jelly and int2ext+ script, worked from the first time so problem is the SlimBean ROM.

Edited by thomcd, 18 March 2013 - 02:06 PM.

edyy_97

edyy_97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
the ext3 doesn't work with this rom! :(

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate

Just try it for yourself, it's all down to personal preference.

Ok I shall try it to see for myself. That is the best.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Hey guys, hold it right there :) It's not like "this ROM is not compatible with int2ext". It's the other way around: "int2ext is not compatible with this ROM" :)
BTW, EXT3 works here with my Link2SD

S2E is not supported, neither. I can fix it like I did in PJ roms so that the S2E can be used using "mount as ext4". But... You'll have to wait for the next build.

Looks like S2E fix is already in the ROM. So this should work. If not then the fix probably didn't make it into the final build. But I can see the commit for it already in.

Edited by C3C0, 18 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
New FM Radio app made by daemond is now available. More info with screenshots here: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2103802
I will include the app in the next build.

Edited by C3C0, 18 March 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
C3CO, have you applied https://github.com/g...fe87b321785939f? That's now required for FM audio routing to work correctly. Alternatively, it's of course possible to modify Effem to use the old hackish way of switching FM. ;)

Edited by daemond, 18 March 2013 - 03:12 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Um. Not yet. Thanks for pointing this out. I thought it works as is with the previous patches.
Change will be a part of the new release.

@all
Consider donating to daemond. He deserves it for the amount of work he's done to make our Skate 4.x roms better.

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
I was ready to ask about this new app :rolleyes:

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
C3CO brings out a new ROM almost every week, maybe less. Its pretty amazing actually :P

Edited by kyan31, 18 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt

C3CO bring out a new ROM almost every week, maybe less. Its pretty amazing actually :P

What can we say ..... :D:D

GodShot

GodShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
no CHinese IME??

srbodroid

srbodroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Is there no performance control app? Can this rom be clocked?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It's in the main settings menu. Look at the screenshots in the first post. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users