Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

457 replies to this topic

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

while(1) { facePalm(); }

Infinite loops are bad for your health. :P

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
what? im the only one who has int2ext+ working from the start? :blink: :ph34r:

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Might be - if you flashed different kernel as you mentioned you did... btw why did you?

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
s5.. and to be honest, dont know :D thought it mite seed up a bit the phone
only thing that kernel did was lover 3D rate at antutu.. my sore i barely 2200 WITH sd score included..

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
Huh.. s4 and s5 is intended for SFR devices only. It's basically the same version as comes with ROMs by default but with support for different touchscreen. You got lucky it worked on yours :)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)
C3C0, thanks for the init.d fix but I'm staying on PA Jelly 4.2.2, I consider the PA 4.2.2 ROM the most functional with the best options (I was blown away when I saw the tablet UI). I hope you didn't stop the development of PA 4.2.2 ROM as it has been quiet since a few days on that forum.

ChowChilla

ChowChilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
thanks for the fix, C3C0. I must say, this is perhaps the fastest rom ive used. Ive been using your PA 2.80/CM10 rom for the past month and this feels like an improvement.

While im here, what would be the best way migrating from Links2SD to INT2EXT? Remove/unlink apps, Wipe dalvik and flash the script?

Edited by ChowChilla, 19 March 2013 - 09:05 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
@thomcd
I will continue maintaining aospa. I'm waiting for some major features to appear that are worth it. Like network mode switch.
You know it's always quite large amount of work to merge all new changes from official repos into my local repo and inspect and solve potential conflicts.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
i dont even know what SFR stand for.. all i saw was jb kernel.. thought it mite boost something..
using those s4 and s5 (not always) from ISC..
but i dont think that kernel is the thing that make i2e work..
two flashes back, i2e worked without kernel.. just rom-gapps-i2e
maybe because i formated it to ext2 ??

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

i dont even know what SFR stand for.. all i saw was jb kernel.. thought it mite boost something..
using those s4 and s5 (not always) from ISC..
but i dont think that kernel is the thing that make i2e work..
two flashes back, i2e worked without kernel.. just rom-gapps-i2e

maybe because i formated it to ext2 ??

The SFR Staraddict is an entirely different device, based on the Skate's hardware. Sold in France, I think.

It has a different touchscreen, so it requires a different kernel to work properly.

Edited by omegavesko, 19 March 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
@wizard
sysinit handling is in the init script inside kernel ramdisk. It was completely missing so there's no way how this could work for you since scripts in init.d haven't been executing at all. So the one and only explanation is that you must had used s5 when it worked for you. No other option.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
...unless you're a wizard :D

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

You can't upgrade from 2.3 to 4.2 without issues. Best you can do is back up your stuff with Titanium Backup and restore it once you've installed SlimBean.

while(1) { facePalm(); }

Without "issues" upon installation of the ROM . Like abnormal lagginess or other issues with partitions that may affect reliability or broken stuff.

Edited by WiiSky70, 19 March 2013 - 10:03 PM.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Without "issues" upon installation of the ROM . Like abnormal lagginess or other issues with partitions that may affect reliability or broken stuff.

You won't have 'issues' because the ROM either won't boot after upgrading or it'll be extremely unstable.

Seriously, just use Titanium Backup and you'll be fine.

Posted Image

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
Omega are you still running roorbox or you have moved ro slim bean

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Omega are you still running roorbox or you have moved ro slim bean

Still running RootBox. I'll switch to SlimBean once I'm tired of this. :)

Posted Image

SingleWolf

SingleWolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:SFR Staraddict

The SFR Staraddict is an entirely different device

Not entirely, just in different case and with "swapped" Home&Menu buttons.

It has a different touchscreen, so it requires a different kernel to work properly.

IMHO, it's depends from manufacturing date: AFAIK, latest Skates also came with different touchscreens. Moreover, my Staraddict's touchscreen works OK with both Ceco's kernels - normal and SFR.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

...unless you're a wizard :D

well, my stupidity is my bless :D
and something is wrong with my phone that for sure..
-before you added multy dpi gapps, i was able to clean flash new rom (with 200 dpi)
-after installing i2e+ (on RB) after clean instal, apps stayed (could not format ext partition)
-and now, i2e+ working on SB

i think that my phone is not erasing everithig when i do a clean install.
maybe i dont even have a Skate phone.. :D :D :D
or maybe the pimp init is the a cause.

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
system
system was the thing.
this time i did clean install WITH manual format>system, and no kernel, and i2e+ is not working.
so im guessing that something stayed written on system partition from previous rom. because i noticed that i have old wallpaper (before cleaning) now i have SB wallpaper, and only that ~200Mb free..

as i sad, my stupidity is my bless ;)

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

system
system was the thing.
this time i did clean install WITH manual format>system, and no kernel, and i2e+ is not working.
so im guessing that something stayed written on system partition from previous rom. because i noticed that i have old wallpaper (before cleaning) now i have SB wallpaper, and only that ~200Mb free..

as i sad, my stupidity is my bless ;)

Ah, that makes sense. Can't remember the last time I flashed a ROM without formatting /system first.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users