Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

No. You don't need to do anything. I just wanted to show that it doesn't account for the specific type of filesystem. So ext2/3/4 should be fine

Ah, that's brill, so what could be the reason why I haven't got your modified script working?

PS. I've updated my previous post if you haven't noticed...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

ChowChilla

ChowChilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE

For all thoses who doesn't like the custom Slimbean lockring i edited the framework-res.apk with she stock android lockring.
Donwload here -> http://dl.dropbox.co...amework-res.apk
Enjoy :P
PS: I am not responsive of what you do with this.

Perfect. Thankyou.

srbodroid

srbodroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I'm back on rootbox. This is too laggi 4 me.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
Laggy? I haven't experienced an iota of lag on this ROM, I actually find it quicker than PJ2 oddly. Besides the Skate does not lag, it merely procrastinates :P

srbodroid

srbodroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I did a clean install but it was very laggi fom time to time. I've never experience that on rootbox! I been testing it 4 two days and now that I returned to rootbox I must say it's much much better. I like slim because of simplicity, light weight and real dark option but lag was 2 bad 4 me. Now that rootbox have dark option I'm quite happy with it. Keep up the great work C3CO I'm always more than happy 2 test your roms!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
You're welcome. I'm on root box ATM while I was fixing FM audio routing and volume (it works now!) and must say that I also find Rb somewhat snappier than SB.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

You're welcome. I'm on root box ATM while I was fixing FM audio routing and volume (it works now!) and must say that I also find Rb somewhat snappier than SB.

I think that's at least a little bit of a placebo effect. I always think the old ROM was slower when I switch to a new one. :)

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

bAzYx

bAzYx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I love this ROM. Kept my /system to 200MB and was able to move lots of apps back to it. Combined with mounts2sd for more apps space and swap handling, this makes for a keeper on my phone.
In three words: Thank you C3C0

Edited by bAzYx, 22 March 2013 - 08:36 AM.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Been having trouble adding a new apn settings, but can't find the save button, am I missing something here? I've even tried adding the settings to the apns-conf.xml file and copying it over the one in my system/etc folder with the appropriate permission changes but to no avail get the apn settings to appear!

Would it be possible for you C3C0 to add it in to the next build the apn settings for OVIVO mobile please? ;)

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Have you tried pressing the menu button while on screen where new APN data is entered? There should be a menu item to Save your new APN.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt

I think that's at least a little bit of a placebo effect. I always think the old ROM was slower when I switch to a new one. :)

Well always the devs opinion has a different weight , but i will agree with you about myself :D

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Have you tried pressing the menu button while on screen where new APN data is entered? There should be a menu item to Save your new APN.

Not sure what happened but after turning on action overflow function in settings the menu button function started working which didn't before, however, it is now working, both the menu button and the action overflow menu function... :thumbsup: ... Thanks for the quick reply though ;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I think I'm going back to gingerbread to find out :P That was for emil and omega. Trying new internet explorer 10 and looks like enter key doesn't work in modaco post text editor.

Edited by C3C0, 22 March 2013 - 11:47 AM.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Oh and by the way, would it be possible for the apns-conf.xml file to include Ovivo Mobile settings please? Or, am I gonna have to wait for the official owner who manages this file to update it? If so, where can I find this person so that I can make him/her aware of the missing MVNO settings? Thanks all

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It's not even in CM repos yet, must be a new operator. You can can send me the new apn xml definition so it could be added to apns. https://github.com/C...c/apns-conf.xml

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt

I think I'm going back to gingerbread to find out :P That was for emil and omega. Trying new internet explorer 10 and looks like enter key doesn't work in modaco post text editor.

Ceco,you will not find them faster,i made it this ,applying mokee os and h3 , 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 of your s are by fas faster,that is my opinion. Ceco , something out of subject, in rootbox when i choose lock screen to be rotated with hw acceleration on and have screen turned, then circle isnt damaged ;)

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

It's not even in CM repos yet, must be a new operator. You can can send me the new apn xml definition so it could be added to apns. https://github.com/C...c/apns-conf.xml

Will this do?

<apn carrier="Ovivo" apn="gprsconnect.com" mmsc="http://mms.gprsconne...m/servlets/mms" mmsproxy="212.183.137.12" mmsport="8799" mcc="234" mnc="15" authenticationtype="PAP" type="default,supl,mms,dun,fota" />

You can also find the settings via this link on their website here --> http://ovivomobile.c...de-for-android/

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
Right, I just spent a few hours on SlimBean and it's definitely the smoothest 4.2 ROM I've used so far. Scrolling specifically seems to be significantly smoother.

Guess I know what ROM I'm staying on for the foreseeable future. :)

Posted Image

keverd

keverd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is there any way to (auto) show soft keys in expanded desktop mode?

Posted Image

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Is there any way to (auto) show soft keys in expanded desktop mode?

Er.. auto? Do you mean pie controls like in PA and RootBox?

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users