Photo

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

keverd

keverd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Er.. auto? Do you mean pie controls like in PA and RootBox?

Oh I got it, I meant with no need to 3d party software. I found in the launcher desktop settings an option to hide the status bar AND the annoying Google Persistent search bar (in landscape), which gives you full screen mode with soft keys ( no need to expand Desktop). I love it!

Posted Image

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

[size=4]

Oh I got it, I meant with no need to 3d party software. I found in the launcher desktop settings an option to hide the status bar AND the annoying Google Persistent search bar (in landscape), which gives you full screen mode with soft keys ( no need to expand Desktop). I love it!

Ah. I'm pretty sure you can do that system-wide, actually. I think I saw a setting somewhere that lets you only hide the system bar with Expanded Desktop.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
DANM! It takes 20 Minutes to reboot the phone ?

What i've done wrong ? I have an EXT3 Partition and i have installed everything right on Recovery over Stock-TPT

Edited by WiiSky70, 23 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

manja86

manja86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
what I observed and the only thing I dislike is that when I talk to someone, sensors that are not doing extinguishing screen and the phone enters the application that is the only downside to this ROM, otherwise everything else is great, thank you and I hope you solve this problem.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Try calibrating your proximity sensor in Settings.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

manja86

manja86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
still does not work and after calibration

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

Try calibrating your proximity sensor in Settings.

I'm also getting non working proximity sensor whilst in calls, even after calibrating it, I noticed this when I flashed Lalits' released version of JB 4.2 out in January...

I will have to try another non JB ROM ( when I find the time to do it though ) to confirm whether it is or not a JB fault or a hardware fault in my skate... I do hope it's not my skate gone faulty again cause I think my warranty should have expired, and I won't be trying to replace the sensor ever.

Edited by trueno2k, 24 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Flash one of proxi update fixes from here
http://goo.im/devs/C3C0/Misc

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
both prox zip files didn't help with fixing proximity sensor as the file just gets re-written by the proximity calibrator tool in settings! Any other ideas?

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It gets overwritten only when you choose to calibrate. Don't do this after applying fix.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

It gets overwritten only when you choose to calibrate. Don't do this after applying fix.

I didn't use it after flashing, the file just gets overwritten automatically, I know as I've check the pro_data.txt file after flashing once I boot into JB...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Surprising. I don't get what could be changing it. Anyway, you can chmod it to 444 to make it read only.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I suppose you didn't also flash proxcal.zip. this one would change it at each boot. That's the only one that comes to my mind.

mrvlhs

mrvlhs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks for the awesome ROM :)

Any tutorials on how to easily resize system and data partition? I've found a couple but not sure if they apply to the skate as the posts said they were phone specific.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
You can use TPT helper from play store. Skate_v1b (150mb system) layout is fine for this rom.You choose "All in one", then choose your layout to download it. It will extract itself to the appropriate directory on SD. Then you need to power off your phone and flash by powering on while holding menu key and volume up key.WARNING: all your data in phone will be erased. Data on SD card will be preserved. For my other 4.2.2 roms I recommend Skate_v2b layout. (200mb system)

Edited by C3C0, 25 March 2013 - 07:14 AM.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

I suppose you didn't also flash proxcal.zip. this one would change it at each boot. That's the only one that comes to my mind.

Ah I didn't see that one, I'm so blind :P might have to go to specsavers Lol...

...Then you need to power off your phone and flash by powering on while holding menu key and volume down key...

I thought it was hold MENU + VOL UP + POWER :P

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Sorry, my bad :P

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Just another way of screwing-up my nickname :D
https://github.com/S...a8a297d1e3d3346

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Just another way of screwing-up my nickname :D
https://github.com/S...a8a297d1e3d3346

afternoon CR3C0 :D

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Flash one of proxi update fixes from here
http://goo.im/devs/C3C0/Misc

Hey, I think I finally got the proximity sensor working... However, whether it is the proxcal.zip is doing it job or my modification to your proxi_update2.zip is making it work or it's a combination of both, I am not sure how it is working properly!...

Firstly after flashing both these files at first the proximity sensor was failing to sleep my skate screen whilst making or in a call, and after trying again several times to no avail, I remembered that you suggested have the prox_data.txt read-only, which gave me an idea, so I made some changes to the updater-script file in your proxi_update2.zip on the set_perm line command so it did this instead "set_perm(0, 0, 0444, "/data/misc/prox_data.txt");"

So, after flashing the modification and rebooted, made a call, tested the proximity sensor, I have now got it working properly!... Just thought I say thanks also for the help and now i'm off to do some more modifying :P

Edited by trueno2k, 25 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users