Faster screen orientation change, is it possible?

Guest Merwenus

Guest Merwenus

I've used a samsung mobile with almost the same hardware and when I rotated it it change orientation instantly.

G300 needs 2-3 seconds to do this, is it possible to hack it, and change values for this ?

Guest hippy dave

On my phone on cm9 it takes about a second. Daz or one of the other kernel gurus may know what determines how long it takes, and whether it's possible to alter it for any given rom.

Guest kyan31

Samsung's hardware I better built, touchwiz after all is heavily modified and tweaked to be fast and beautiful. That would explain why the rotation is better, maybe :unsure:

Guest tillaz

try changing the window animation scale, transition scale and animator scale in developer options

change it to .5x

but i guess if you want to change how fast it activates the rotation after its detected,

you will probably need to make some .smali hacks to the framework.jar (for stock)

as this is where the rotation anim is handled, i remember this from when it was ported to CM7 (ICS rotation animation)

Guest moochermick

Cm7 comes with "spareparts" app that has settings for window animation and transition, if animation is off and transition is set to fast then rotation is instant, so it is capable.