25 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
I'm not sure what's going on there. If you flash a stock Vodafone update.app then everything should be there once you reboot - i.e. stock ROM, Vodafone apps, no root, no unlocked bootloader, no CWM, just the stock recovery etc.

What exact ROM are you flashing - i.e. what download link are you getting it from?

rb__11

rb__11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
https://www.dropbox....fonePT_b936.zip - this is the rom
after flashing, the phone reboots and the android image appears and it's written formatting cache and user data or something like that. this deletes all vodafone apps and "cleans" up the rom

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
OK - sorry, no idea why that happens.
I'd be inclined to look for another suitable stock Vodafone update.app image and try that.
There might be some links on this forum but I personally have found it difficult to figure out what's what in terms of official stock update.apps...

rb__11

rb__11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
This is what i get after the reboot! : http://postimg.org/image/p1vx7l4xv/

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
Ok - maybe that's normal and I'm not sure that this necessarily deletes any apps installed with the ROM. But one way or another this update.app does not seem to be doing what you need (in particular leaving Vodafone apps installed - assuming that they are actually bundled with it - and I know it's billed as a Vodafone ROM but who knows...?). So I would still be inclined to look for another suitable stock Vodafone update.app to try instead.

rb__11

rb__11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
ok thanks. i will give it a go

pekmezzz

pekmezzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300
rb 11 please tell me how you managed to fix the phone .... I have the same problem... PLEASSSS :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users