Use HSPA:11 in any rom

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

B926 was the only update.app from Huawei with HSPA:11, so I extracted the modem files and made a zip to install from recovery (no wipes needed). You can use it with any rom, any baseband. I didn't do any speed tests and I don't know if it affects the battery, so I also post links to go back to HSDPA:9.

HSPA:11 B926: http://www.solidfile...m/d/c380b3a11c/

HSDPA:9 B952: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/3e501a4639/

HSDPA:9 B895: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/28996f90c4/

Since the modem files are placed in partitions 10 and 11, changing roms in recovery will not affect them. Only installing an update.app will rewrite these partitions.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest tillaz

Question then. What's the difference,besides a newer version number? Any real benefits in upgrading?

i think HSPA, has high speed upload packet access (fast download & upload)

where as HSDPA is just high speed download packet access (fast download & slow upload)

not 100% sure, just something i read about 5mins ago

so you should experience faster upload speeds, maybe people could do some speed tests and post there results (on both to compare)

Guest wouterbeer

I never got why Huawei in their newer updates (e.g. B952/960) went back to "only" HSDPA:9. But I'm just a complete noob on this; all I know I just read here, here and here.. And even from this texts I do not fully get what will be better/faster :huh:

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest TangerineTractor

so you should experience faster upload speeds, maybe people could do some speed tests and post there results (on both to compare)

Cheers Tillaz. Makes you wonder why it was on 926 but not newer releases? But judging by your comments, definitely worth the upgrade I guess...

Guest wouterbeer
Summary

GPRS(114Kbps) < EGDE(368Kbps) < 3G(3.1Mbps) < HSDPA(14Mbps) < HSPA+(168Mbps) < 4G/LTE(299.6Mbps)

[source]

But then I have still no idea where HSPA:11 will be, I guess between HSDPA and HSPA+ ?!

And then I think HSPA+ is 4G, thus not available for our G300 (??).

Edit: not true:

"The fastest 3G-based standard in the UMTS family is the HSPA+ standard" (from wikipedia)

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest tcpaulh

This is impressive pioneering stuff jsevi. Are you our leader now ;-)

It gives hspa11 here :-D but as you know I'm in the minority with the fast umts/hspa switching back and forth running ics on gb baseband. This still persists as you might have expected.

Guest flor90

I always wonder why my phone don't show E(EDGE) even if I force 2G or 3G. It's only G(When i set it to use only 2G networks) or H and 3G when idle and not downloading anything.

Guest raverrr

Any one done any tests to see what the advantage is? I know what It's supposed to be but in practice does it have a noticeable impact? I cant test it myself because i'm roaming and do not have data connection here)

Guest hippy dave

I haven't tested these zips yet, but I know when I switched from B936 to B926 update.app myself a while ago, my upload & download speeds both increased significantly -my speedtest results were 4x higher (tho those can vary on a daily basis anyway)

Thanks OP, looking forward to trying it.

Guest TangerineTractor

Just been out, not using my phone, but it rebooted twice. Never normally reboots itself at all. Only change is applying this patch.

Going to try reducing the overclock max, see if it makes any difference (was on 1.19 and stable)

Guest Timbones

Thanks, I've been wondering how to get HSPA:11 for ages. Too lazy to install 926, unlock, root, flash again.

:)

Edit: Read about TT's reboots. Does a nandroid backup include the modem partitions?

Edited by Timbones

Guest TangerineTractor

No

Just to confirm, thought I'd do a full wipe and install a clean stock+, which all went fine. Network type stayed as HSPA:11 - so once you flash it, it stays until you flash another version.

Going to turn my wifi off and see if I get any random reboots while just sitting pretending to do some work.

Guest kyan31

Before

post-969101-13637959008736_thumb.jpg

After (HSPDA:11)

post-969101-13637959133389_thumb.jpg

Click for higher res

My speeds are AMAZING now! Thanks Jsevi, thanks a lot :D

Edited by kyan31