Thread to introduce new apps

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Thought I'd share with you a couple of new apps I've found, and maybe keep a thread going to inform everyone when you come across a new or improved app.

I'll start off with the following two, both available on the Play Store

Google Keep - a note taker for your Android phone that syncs up with your google drive space. A leaner, simpler alternative to Evernote, and you can share to Google Keep from any apps thathave a share/send capability.

Launcher 8 is an excellent new launcher. It's based on the Windows 8 interface, so you either love it or hate it, but it is VERY fast, and highly configurable if you like to play around a bit...

747655391.png

Guest TangerineTractor

Been using Launcher 8 for as couple of days now and it is very fast and light.

Tip for Google Keep... set up a separate Google account, and set your phone for it only to sync Keep. Then in Keep select the new account. You can then configure the same on other devices so you have a shared environment, eg for projects, or even shared notes and lists with the wife...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

So you finally got yourself the sofa in in the other room :)

lol. yes, but it's a conservatory (well orangery actually), and it's too flipping cold to use it.

Thought I'd share with you a couple of new apps I've found, and maybe keep a thread going to inform everyone when you come across a new or improved app.

I'll start off with the following two, both available on the Play Store

Google Keep - a note taker for your Android phone that syncs up with your google drive space. A leaner, simpler alternative to Evernote, and you can share to Google Keep from any apps thathave a share/send capability.

Launcher 8 is an excellent new launcher. It's based on the Windows 8 interface, so you either love it or hate it, but it is VERY fast, and highly configurable if you like to play around a bit...

747655391.png

Thanks, I love launcher8, even the lockscreen.

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks, I love launcher8, even the lockscreen.

I like the custom status bar, shame it flickers when launching an app.

i noticed the clock icon was slow to update, so I'm using the widget from click jb+ instead, much nicer IMO.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

And the Tractor bit? :ph34r: :D

Name is because I'm a Blackpool fan and I was living in Suffolk at the time I registered on here.

Guest TangerineTractor

Found another useful app. Andmade Share replaces the system share list with a customisable one, so you can restrict the list to apps you actually use.

Guest blaster99999

my latest app is weQ4u , it allows you to phone 0800/0844/0845/0870 numbers using your free allowance minutes insteed of 30p a minute, also if you phone sky and your in a 30 minute queue , just press 9* and the app queues for you and ring you back when a operator answers , been using it for a few weeks and saved over £12 already, also while the app queues for you your using none of your allowance at all, warning not all numbers are covered, You know its working as it calls 033 number which are part of all contracts free minutes and also comes out of my ovivo free minutes. App is free from play store

Edited by blaster99999

Guest tillaz

I don't think that would play well with our G300's tongue.png

A piece of toast his a better chance of running this laugh.png

i think it might actually be playable, but it will use low graphics settings

if you can see it on the market it should be ok, :ph34r:

Guest Scylla.bx

i think it might actually be playable, but it will use low graphics settings

if you can see it on the market it should be ok, :ph34r:

i've installed it. game freeze at the unity logo.

tested with stock+ R6

Guest tillaz

i've installed it. game freeze at the unity logo.

tested with stock+ R6

do you have the app data downloaded / on your sdcard?

takes a minute or two to pass that screen on my nexus