question about OTA and similar stuff

Guest Wellus

Guest Wellus

Hello,

i am new on these forums and also on android :) i bought my first android (G300) several months ago and got kinda used to it, but what i didn't liked it was gingerbread, well it works good but the main problem is when you unlock screen for some time it lags, tryed several apps to look whats going on, so on screen lock it underclocks and that clocking works quite slow, so anyway i found out that there was ICS update released at around summer, but there is nothing said about it in my country, UK and other european countries got this update(well i asked about update(huawei devices facebook for my country) and they said that i should get it around december), but not me... i don't really want to try rooting and custom rom, atleast for now. So several days ago i found out that you can do a trick with google services framework, clearing data and force stopping it can allow you to update phone, but how does that update work? does it download general version, or does it download version specific to my country, if so how can i find out if there is any update in my country?

P.S. i live in Lithuania and my G300 build number ending is B885.(there is no online updates).

Guest denzele

Who knows if you ever going to have update of ISC in your country mate..I'm in Australia still waiting and waiting..why not root GB install CMW then update to ICS UK version ...if i dont like it rot openbootlader then flash any stock or customrom from here..follow topics in modaco it'll help you...

Guest PaulMilbank

I'm in Australia still waiting and waiting

Wow and I thought we had it bad for updates here in NZ. We had the ICS official ones a few months ago now.

Guest Wellus

well for now i don't really want to root my phone and such, it is new and i don't really want void my warranty, atleast i don't know in my country what can make it void and it's lame that you can void warranty with software(excluding overclocking i guess)

Guest dakok

From the user experinces I saw on this and other forums you can check with your mobile operator if you can flash huawei b952 ICS rom, worldwide version.

Guest Wellus

hmm i am not really familiar with flashing and it looks kinda risky -.- not same as playing with PC bios and windows... i am only familiar with symbian manual flashing which is a lot different from android(through specific program open specific rom files and just hit power on button on phone, after that just wait), i heard people got their android phones bricked and other similar things... and i don't really want to lose my phone data of apps and apps them selfs, kinda pain to install all over again

Guest dalyer

If you are worried or not sure about what's involved in rooting, installing ROMs etc. then there is a wealth of information here that you can read up on first. If, even after reading up, you are wary or unsure then you can always ask informed questions here. If you still don't want to do it then so be it - you're stuck with whatever stock ROM(s) will safely work with your phone and operator.

Guest Wellus

well i don't really like that stock and its crappy apps, so somehow i am going to read guides to change the rom, because i don't really like lag, i will try dakoks suggestion or something similar, because as i can see those roms are clean and with low battery consumption, so thats kinda good

Guest Wellus

clean i mean without any crap installed, like some apps from my operator, which i don't use and they are in background processes... and i kinda like baidu and lightning roms