157 replies to this topic

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Also we found a problem with the lockscreen. Sometimes system is laging and lockscreen is not responding for 5-15 seconds (as to me) and because of that tablet is going to reboot.
I don't know what is the problem. Previously, I think it's because of overclocking, but today one of 4pda users posted the same message. We are trying to change locksreen to Holo Lockscreen. Maybe it will help us :)

that's not something I've ever seen. I don't think it's been reported by anyone in the blade or v9 forums either. the OS can reboot itself when critical system daemons repeatedly die.

I would suggest you try going back to all default settings (including no overclocking, no zram, no lowmemorykiller alterations) and see if it happens again.

if it still happens then right after the device crashes and reboots do
adb pull /proc/last_kmsg kmsg_reboot.txt
and attach that txt file here. it might tell us something about why it rebooted. or alternatively you could try to catch the crash/reboot live with logcat. good luck.

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 Light

if it still happens then right after the device crashes and reboots do
adb pull /proc/last_kmsg kmsg_reboot.txt
and attach that txt file here. it might tell us something about why it rebooted. or alternatively you could try to catch the crash/reboot live with logcat. good luck.

Thx for log location. With logcat is very hard to catch this situation :)

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
for those keen to live on the edge, here's a new ClockWorkMod recovery image for the v9. I've been using it for a month or so but if you brick yours with it it's nothing to do with me :). it's a CWM 'touch' version so you use the home/back buttons to select/go-back. vol up/down work as per usual. adb sideload is probably the only really new feature over the venerable 4.x, but I haven't tried it out. enjoy.

recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.0-v9-sideload.zip
md5sum ddec9b8139209ede8532db3360f6f9f7

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Bro, if you have some time, you can give more information about the difference of this CWM with the previous, cannot you? Especially, about sideload. It will be great, if you included changelogs from different versions. Thank you very much ;)
P.S. flashed successfully, but still don't understand the difference, except some missing labels, like "Wipe battery stats" :D

Edited by falcon4fun, 07 May 2013 - 01:26 AM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Bro, if you have some time, you can give more information about the difference of this CWM with the previous, cannot you?

the changelog is here
https://github.com/C...commits/cm-10.1

Re:sideload
just search for 'abd sideload' or 'clockworkmod sideload'.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 07 May 2013 - 05:48 AM.

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hm. The problem is that I can't see adb or like interfaces with this recovery. Only one device is showing Zte Handset Diagnostic Interface. No unknown devices present.
On bootloader, when booting or when booted I can see clearly adb interface and adb is working.

Also I have a problem, trying to mount the SD as USB. Log file

Spoiler

Have I flashed it incorrectly? I used your posted zip and installed it with CWM as zip.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
new 2013-05-07 rom posted. see the first post or git commits for the changelog. almost all changes are memory-related optimisations, plus the usual stream of updates from CyanogenMod.

UPDATE: don't bother downloading this one - I've been hacking on some VM code today and it makes a huge difference - if things continue to go well (ie. my v9 doesn't crash in a mysterious way overnight) there'll be a new and far better rom tomorrow.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 07 May 2013 - 04:18 PM.

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
Will try the CWR tomorrow as well as the new ROM and post feedback.

Device: ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
ROM: The Most Recent CM
Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
External Storage: Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC (Class 4)
Current Launcher: Espier Launcher

WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v9
ive just signed up here to thank PlaguedByPenguins for his efforts.. Cheers for the work!

looking forward to seeing some optimisations in the next version!

on a side note.. i installed the latest clockworkmod recovery you posted above..and noticed its upside down.. (vol/power buttons on bottom to view correctly)..otherwise it works as advertised!

thanks again PBP!

Morfiy_by

Morfiy_by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 Lite
Hello from Belarus!

First of all I want to express gratitude for a firmware. Always I wait for up-dating. Also I want to apologize for the English since I can not understand the told :)

And now on business: I subscribe under each word WacKEDmaN, new recovery turned the display image, it isn't important, principal all menu items ceased to work. It was necessary to recover prior version by means of the terminal emulator. And I was not one with a similar problem.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

... new recovery turned the display image, it isn't important, principal all menu items ceased to work. It was necessary to recover prior version by means of the terminal emulator. And I was not one with a similar problem.

this CWM uses the regular home/back touch keys and not just vol up/down & power to make the menus work. this is a touch recovery. I was confused for a minute too...

yeah, it's upside down. can't say I care... maybe it's because I built it in australia? perhaps you are lucky it doesn't have a picture of a kangaroo on it too ;)
actually, I have no idea why it's upside down. rotation is #%^!$!!#! with the v9. normal 'portrait' screen rotation is actually 270 degrees - it's just wired up that way... I'm pretty happy that it displays at all.

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
So how did your tests ended up? Is it stable now?

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
new 2013-05-08 rom posted.

sorry for it being so soon after the last one, but it's a bit of a breakthrough so I wanted to get it out there.
changes I made to lowmemorykiller mean much better responsiveness and interactivity (more like cm7 IMHO edit: but still not quite), faster switching between apps, better choice of which apps are old and can be killed, ... overall it's the big step forward that I've been looking for.

if it's working as well as I think it is, then memory tweaks like zram, swap, ksm, minfree levels, hidden apps limits, etc. probably won't help all that much now. indeed, some of these tweaks may now slow things down or even make the device less reliable. if you experience instability then please first turn tweaks (and overclocking) off.

also I forgot to apply one patch in the previous 2013-05-07 rom, so wifi reconnection is slow again there. please update.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 09 May 2013 - 02:08 PM.

WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v9
the Lorenzo "smooth as butter, t-boned by Marquez" special edition! works great...responsiveness is back and apps load fairly quick

im using Mounts2SD and Apps2SD to move apps, dalvik cache and standard cache to a 1Gb Ext4 partition on SDcard..(moving data slows it down too much)
currently using 20mb of internal space!

and also using a swap of 256mb with the low swappiness setting..altho i may try it without the swap to see how it goes..i only have a class 4 sdcard so its probably going to slow things down

Edited by WacKEDmaN, 09 May 2013 - 02:52 AM.

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
CWR is working great!
The ROM is also smooth as butter together with CronMOD to move the apps to sd-ext.

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

new 2013-05-08 rom posted.

sorry for it being so soon after the last one, but it's a bit of a breakthrough so I wanted to get it out there.
changes I made to lowmemorykiller mean much better responsiveness and interactivity (more like cm7 IMHO edit: but still not quite), faster switching between apps, better choice of which apps are old and can be killed, ... overall it's the big step forward that I've been looking for.

if it's working as well as I think it is, then memory tweaks like zram, swap, ksm, minfree levels, hidden apps limits, etc. probably won't help all that much now. indeed, some of these tweaks may now slow things down or even make the device less reliable. if you experience instability then please first turn tweaks (and overclocking) off.

also I forgot to apply one patch in the previous 2013-05-07 rom, so wifi reconnection is slow again there. please update.

Good job bud,keep update..:D

faji

faji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
it works like a charm!!! Thank you :)

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
for those folks who wanted better bluetooth, here is a cm10 build.

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the CM10.1 but when i was following the procudure on how to install it, i realized i had formated the sd card which had the rom inside. So i had to remove the battery to remove the sd card and load the rom in it afresh. Unluckily the device went off and now i cannot reboot it is stuck at the ZTE white screen logo. I have ADB which was working perfectly before this happened but now it tells me error device not found. I have killed server and started it again but still the Adb devices command displays nothing. The volume keys once i have entered the recovery mode are also not responding.

Please help me in whaterver way possible. Thanks

Edited by Kukumtu, 20 May 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

this is a CyanogenMod 10.1 based ROM for ZTE V9 - the resistive screen model. it is based on KonstaT's http://www.modaco.co...01-android-422/ for ZTE Blade and all the same caveats apply here. please read all of KonstaT's first 3 posts before trying the below. In particular please note that this is not an official CyanogenMod rom and expect it to eat all your data and brick your v9. you have been warned. having said that, it works fine for me :)

cm-10.1-20130508-PenguinKANG-v9.zip
md5sum 349479c6fc5b8e98335a83b8ede1521a

see the KonstaT page for gapps.

NOTE:
- you will need >196MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins
- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's. there are a couple of files in this rom that know about capacitive models, but they are completely untested
- in general cm10.1 is bigger and maybe a little bit slower than cm7 but it has more shiny features, so you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Working
everything seems to work. specifically all those listed on KonstaT's page.
AFAICT the only thing that's regressed from cm7 on V9 is
- multi-touch (pinch to zoom) emulation from cm7 makes the default browser go crazy on cm10.1, so it's disabled

Issues
known issues specific to this ROM
- pre-surfaceflinger boot animation is wrong aspect and off centre
- ElectronBeam power-on animation doesn't work (power-off does)

known issues from upstream (AOSP or CM or KonstaT or ZTE or ...)
- AOSP keyboard gesture typing doesn't (won't ever?) work on armv6 devices
- the voice search app works but perhaps not in the way it's supposed to (something armv7-only again)
- no movie preview images
- bluetooth scanning works but is unreliable
- livewallpapers don't work

suggestions and patches are welcome for all the above issues!!

Bluetooth
ah, bluetooth. sigh. there goes a week of my life. so the best way to scan to find a new bt device is to turn on bt from the main Settings screen and wait until bt is on for a few seconds before going to the Bluetooth devices screen. if scanning doesn't start immediately on that screen then it has failed, so go back to Settings and turn off bt and try again. be patient. scanning works about 30%-50% of the time using this method. once paired, bluetooth devices are ok - it's only this initial scanning stuff that's dodgy.

Building
- all sources are on my github
- build instructions (see also KonstaT's 3rd post)

ChangeLog

2013-05-08 - the Lorenzo "smooth as butter, t-boned by Marquez" special edition

• lowmemorykiller improvements - greatly improved responsiveness
  • nfs, cifs back into kernel, but as modules
2013-05-07
  • re-enable limiting number of processes via sys.mem.max_hidden_apps (CM folks reverted it)
  • allow Kernel Same-page Merging (KSM) which can save ~15MB of ram at the expense of background scanning
  • back to smartassV2 governor
  • use a lower 32MB dalvik profile
  • allow a choice of no wallpaper to save ram in Trebuchet
2013-04-19
  • workaround slow wifi reconnections due to ar6000.ko binary module by using 5s wpa_supplicant scan timeout instead of 30s - please let me know if this causes wifi scan problems - 10s might be a safer default, but 5s works fine for me
  • doubled the area of the home/menu/back buttons - now extends well above and to the side of the silver printed icons
  • took nfs and smb support out of the kernel as ram and cpu is scarse
  • max hidden apps set to 10
  • other updates from CM and KonstaT
2013-04-01
  • use Android 'legacy' VelocityTracker strategy which means less random jumps from the touchscreen
  • improve kernel msm_ts touchscreen driver - ignore noisy landing/takeoff touches, use real pressure
  • PIE, navbar, and partition info from cm10.1 upstream and KonstaT patches
  • FM volume control should be fixed
  • Effem (FM radio app) included
  • my statusbar/flingtracker fix is now upstream in cm (also fixed in Android 5)
  • zoomhack (pinch to zoom) improved in kernel msm_ts, but it's still not ready for daily use
  • changed default cpu governor back to ondemand as the VelocityTracker and msm_ts fixes seemed to improve lag & interactivity
2013-03-24
  • fix for the StatusBar / SystemUI hang - turned out to be an AOSP bug with events that report identical times
2013-03-22
  • initial release
  • changed governor to smartassV2
  • backported uhid driver from 3.8 kernel so that BT keyboard etc. work
Many thanks to all those working on CyanogenMod and armv6 and especially to KonstaT and legaCyMod

My devices bricked.. Any assistance please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google Mobile (1)