• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 Light
Do you have a recovery? You can mount as usb storage and push the firmware and install it again :)

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes i do have the recovery but the problem is ADB does not now recognize my device and the volume up and down keys used to scroll in recovery mode are not responding.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Yes i do have the recovery but the problem is ADB does not now recognize my device and the volume up and down keys used to scroll in recovery mode are not responding.

nothing should have happened to your recovery - if it worked before it should work now.
maybe try reformatting your SD card on a PC - perhaps the recovery tool is hung looking at a dodgy SD card.
resorting to FTM would probably be the next thing to try.

edit: ps. I am not an expert at unbricking - I've never had to do it - cwm has always worked for me. however there are many old forum posts that explain various unbricking approaches.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 21 May 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Edited by Kukumtu, 21 May 2013 - 01:59 PM.

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

nothing should have happened to your recovery - if it worked before it should work now. maybe try reformatting your SD card on a PC - perhaps the recovery tool is hung looking at a dodgy SD card. resorting to FTM would probably be the next thing to try. edit: ps. I am not an expert at unbricking - I've never had to do it - cwm has always worked for me. however there are many old forum posts that explain various unbricking approaches.

How do i revert back to FTM mode while in bricked position?? Unfortunately i can enter recovery mode but the volume keys used to are not responding.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
new 2013-05-21 rom posted. mostly fixing USB mounting, but some small improvements too.

NOTE: upstream CyanogenMod 10.1 development is slowing down as the code becomes more stable, as is KonstaT's work on ZTE blade. I doubt I'll be making too many more releases, or at least the release rate should slow down a lot from now on.

amirsokar2

amirsokar2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte V9

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Morfiy_by

Morfiy_by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 Lite

fix usb id string to allow usb mounting
again

The problem remains.

Will there be further implemented emulation gesture in the browser? It is a matter of one forum user 4PDA.ru

Everything else is wonderful. Not counting of course bluetooth:)

Edited by Morfiy_by, 25 May 2013 - 09:14 AM.

ylitvinenko

ylitvinenko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there no chance to port this ROM to ZTE V9 with capacitive screen? Everything works fine except the touch screen - it works only when I press one of Home/Menu/Back buttons (it counts as pressing on the screen). I'm tired of using legacy CM7 on my device... Can you modify your ROM for capacitive screens or is it virtually impossible? I can help you if you need some testing... A lot of thanks for your great work.

Kukumtu

Kukumtu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I found a solution to my bricked ZTE V9. Nothing seemed to work but what finally helped me was this ===>> http://forum.gsmhost...inside-1427615/

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

The problem remains.

USB mounting works fine for me. maybe you have left over incorrect USB ids on your PC from when I had the wrong id string. try re-installing the android USB drivers on your PC.

Will there be further implemented emulation gesture in the browser? It is a matter of one forum user 4PDA.ru

actually gesture emulation (the double-finger drag up/down that emulates pinch zoom in/out) already works in Firefox - it must read the multi-touch events directly rather than letting Android process them.

if you want to turn on multi-touch then get android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml and add it to your v9 at
/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml
and mv the existing android.hardware.touchscreen.xml out of that directory.
all the -/+ zoom buttons will then go away from all apps and you'll have to use gestures instead. it's not something I'm going to ship in a rom for everyone as it doesn't work well enough IMHO.

Is there no chance to port this ROM to ZTE V9 with capacitive screen? Everything works fine except the touch screen - it works only when I press one of Home/Menu/Back buttons (it counts as pressing on the screen). I'm tired of using legacy CM7 on my device... Can you modify your ROM for capacitive screens or is it virtually impossible? I can help you if you need some testing... A lot of thanks for your great work.

I've already tried that with a guy from Brazil. I made about 3 or 4 roms for his v9c and nothing simple that I could think of (update/fix atmel touchscreen idc, rm msm idc, turn off msm_ts driver in kernel, etc.) worked at all. so it doesn't look like there's an easy fix. without a capacitive v9 in front of me I don't think it'll be possible for me to make it work, sorry.
if anyone has a spare v9c that they don't want any more then feel free to send it to me and I'll do my best to get it working (but no promises).

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 27 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

ylitvinenko

ylitvinenko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've already tried that with a guy from Brazil. I made about 3 or 4 roms for his v9c and nothing simple that I could think of (update/fix atmel touchscreen idc, rm msm idc, turn off msm_ts driver in kernel, etc.) worked at all. so it doesn't look like there's an easy fix. without a capacitive v9 in front of me I don't think it'll be possible for me to make it work, sorry.
if anyone has a spare v9c that they don't want any more then feel free to send it to me and I'll do my best to get it working (but no promises).

Yesterday I remembered that one old and very unstable CM9 ROM for V9 from 4PDA.RU worked with capacitive screen well. If I find that ROM and give you a link, could you take a look?

Morfiy_by

Morfiy_by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Drivers put on a clean system, before that I did not try to connect the tablet to a PC. This is not only my one and everyone from whom I ask. I will ask colleagues 4pda try to reinstall the drivers. Can we all drivers are not the ones you can link to those who are here?

Thanks for the explanation about the browser. Another pinch / zoom works fine in Opera Mini and Opera Mobile (New).

Edited by Morfiy_by, 28 May 2013 - 05:40 AM.

ylitvinenko

ylitvinenko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yesterday I remembered that one old and very unstable CM9 ROM for V9 from 4PDA.RU worked with capacitive screen well. If I find that ROM and give you a link, could you take a look?

I've just found and uploaded ZTE V9 ROM with capacitive screen support: https://dl.dropboxus...2_04_09_057.zip. Unfortunately, its developer went out of a firmware producing, and this ROM is very buggy and unstable. What can you say about it? It is possible to reverse-engineer it?

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

I've just found and uploaded ZTE V9 ROM with capacitive screen support: https://dl.dropboxus...2_04_09_057.zip. Unfortunately, its developer went out of a firmware producing, and this ROM is very buggy and unstable. What can you say about it? It is possible to reverse-engineer it?

I've already looked that that rom and couldn't get anything useful out of it, sorry. configs in it look much like cm7, but without a capacitive device to boot it on I can't tell anything else. all it tells us is that presumably something changed/broke in android between ics and jb.

Morfiy_by

Morfiy_by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
By the way, I want to recommend a good keyboard with firmware 2.1. I use to this day. Unlike all the characters and capital letters gestures, plus you can put a pair of brackets - the convenience of the introduction of bb-codes.
http://rghost.ru/46318975

Spoiler

Edited by Morfiy_by, 28 May 2013 - 09:46 AM.

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

USB mounting works fine for me. maybe you have left over incorrect USB ids on your PC from when I had the wrong id string. try re-installing the android USB drivers on your PC.

actually gesture emulation (the double-finger drag up/down that emulates pinch zoom in/out) already works in Firefox - it must read the multi-touch events directly rather than letting Android process them.

if you want to turn on multi-touch then get android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml and add it to your v9 at
/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml
and mv the existing android.hardware.touchscreen.xml out of that directory.
all the -/+ zoom buttons will then go away from all apps and you'll have to use gestures instead. it's not something I'm going to ship in a rom for everyone as it doesn't work well enough IMHO.

u mean like a pinch zoom?worked?

amirsokar2

amirsokar2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
touch screen working fine in my ZTE V9 ROM with capacitive screen, make the following:-

1-download cm-10.1-20130521-PenguinKANG-v9.zip

2-download Attached file

3-extract file in step no.2 and copy it and past it in (system/lib) in Zip File And Apply to replace

4-flash the rom and enjoy with touch screen

Sorry for bad English

Attached Files

Edited by amirsokar2, 28 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

amirsokar2

amirsokar2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
touch working with me fie :)

Edited by amirsokar2, 28 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users