Linux on ViewSonic S10

Guest GuineaPanda

Guest GuineaPanda

Dear friends! I have a huge Goal to run Debian Sid on my ViewSonic S10 tablet.

I was analysing a lot of different stuff, I even found the way to put build by myself kernel to the tablet and run tab with it... But have a lot of problems with initrd and working keyboard (They just don't work).

I really appraciate little help with this topics:

- What should I do to make my tab running kernel build by my own

- How can I make kernel start initrd (initramfs)

- How can I make kernel to use usb keyboard that I plugin to doing something in initramfs?

I was trying to run ubuntu kernel (2.6.32.31) (from linux-kern.img) and initrd from there togather... It works great! BUT! I wanna do the same with ownbuild kernel to modify it a little and so on...

When I was building kernel from Linux_4_Tegra - it working but stops in few seconds... saying that no init found... There works only one thing when I have compiled own init.c with "Hello world" and put it to the initrd... it is working... but when init is a Shell-Script it doesn't working on ownbuild kernel...

Please suggest something, From what should I start?

For building img I use "mkbootimg"

For flashing my device I use "nvflash"

steps that I do to flash:

1. I have a zImage

2. I build initrd with this: find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../base.cpio.gz

3. I build the image with this: mkbootimg --kernel zImage --ramdisk base.cpio.gz --base 0x13600000 --pagesize 4096 -o LinTry.img --cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk3p1 init=/init rw mem=448M@0M nvmem=64M@448M vmalloc=192M video=tegrafb console=tty0,115200n8 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 mtdparts=tegra_nand:2048K@6784K(misc),5120K@9344K(recovery),8192K@14976K(boot),122496K@23680K(system),32768K@146688K(cache),4096K@179968K(staging),339200K@184576K(userdata)"

4. I flashing the device with: nvflash -w --bl bootloader.bin --download 7 ../../../Linux_for_Tegra/LinTry.img --go --wait

P.S. bootloader.bin i get from ViewSonic recovery image (with bct file and so on...)

People I really will be glad Any kind of help! I i'm trying to win this battle more than for a year! It makes me sad That I can't get to the stage of running system from sdcard...