Photo

All those with cracked casings, please post photos and explain further.

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Donkey Oaty

Donkey Oaty

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I wouldnt phone them if I were you.
I was very polite when I called and they were very insistent that they can only assist if you have first gone through and exhausted all other channels.
They tried to get me to reveal how I had come by their number so they could stop it being used.

DaveSimonH

DaveSimonH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel Idol S, Nook HD+
To be honest, as long as the power button doesn't break I'm not bother by any cracks. By the way my dad picked up an OSD a couple of months after me, it went straight in a protective case and he hasn't removed the back. His still has a couple of cracks on the silver plastic (inc one by the volume buttons).

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

I wouldnt phone them if I were you.
I was very polite when I called and they were very insistent that they can only assist if you have first gone through and exhausted all other channels.
They tried to get me to reveal how I had come by their number so they could stop it being used.

Same here - but how do you exhaust all other channels if the hotline droid refuses to connect you to a manager? Clearly the channels are all clogged with complaints, and now the **** is blowing out at the top :-)

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Stone the crows, I just removed the Sikai silicone case I've been using for the past 6 or so months, and the description of your cracks matches mine exactly!
Silver plastic: 3 on the left, 1 on the right. Black plastic: 1 on the left, 1 on the right.

I was just going to say how do you treat your phones - but I checked mine, and I also have two cracks next to the volume button. Now this is slightly annoying, but I hope it does not affect the structural integrity?

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
I got a replacement !!!! She's so nice !

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Selling inferior products? Expect complaints!

Why should the customer have to go through some pre-planned act, and follow an "escalation procedure" which eventually ends up at the exec office *anyway*, just to satisfy the corporate bosses? EE need to grow a spine, and SERIOUSLY re-assess their "policies" and overall treatment of their customers, and sell products which are thoroughly tested, and if complaints amass - as is happening now, show some decency and replace, compensate or RECALL them.

The executive office is PRECISELY the right place to call - they're not going to change their phone number overnight, so any corporate bluff would be stone-walled by me - sorry EE, take control of your business. Keep ON complaining to that number, and they'll get so fed up of all the complaints, hopefully that will be enough motivation for the pen pushers to take REAL action, instead of rehearsed lip service.

EE = terrible customer "care".

Edited by glossywhite, 14 May 2013 - 11:16 PM.

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

EE = terrible customer "care".

I completely agree, they join a few selected companies on my "do not deal with" list. They demonstrate industry leading arrogance, outstanding incompetence, and a consistent lack of care for customers and the law .

But in the mean time I still need to get my unlock code out of this Kafkaesque company. :-(

Edited by MrPuddington, 15 May 2013 - 08:51 AM.

sang3eta

sang3eta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
A video of a 5th crack I've now noticed appear! This is now the 25th day of careful ownership. Never dropped, the back's not been off.

2 Days ago I went through an epic 32 minute support call to get them send a return for repair bag. Still waiting on that.

Edited by sang3eta, 15 May 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Haha ^^lol same it took me 4 days of calling to get replacement "

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

A video of a 5th crack I've now noticed appear! This is now the 25th day of careful ownership. Never dropped, the back's not been off.

2 Days ago I went through an epic 32 minute support call to get them send a return for repair bag. Still waiting on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG3Jt-DY4qo

You are an **incredibly** good cameraman - someone with the same attention to detail as me :)

Have you sent these videos to Orange? I'd do so.

sang3eta

sang3eta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

You are an **incredibly** good cameraman - someone with the same attention to detail as me :)

Have you sent these videos to Orange? I'd do so.

Thanks, I'm using a cheap FoxFoto Macro Filter Kit to film this close.
I've not shown it to Orange/EE yet. I thought I'd give them a chance to repair it first.
I wanted to record evidence that everyone can use to argue their point that the plastics are somehow duff.
I hate to think of all the thousands of people who will be convinced by store support that they somehow dropped their phone.
Or worse, the kids too scared to tell their parents their phone has a problem, because they are afraid they will get blamed.

Edited by sang3eta, 16 May 2013 - 09:07 PM.

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Is I just me or everyone has a crack on the volume button!!!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

Is I just me or everyone has a crack on the volume button!!!

Just you, lol. At least so far touch wood.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
My friend who bought my San Diego from me, says the side of the bezel which has the fracture in it, has now opened right up (he showed me via Skype) and the screen is coming away from the cracked bezel. What a piece of JUNK! LOL!

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
^^ tell me about it!

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

^^ tell me about it!

I already have :P

sang3eta

sang3eta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
The return for repair bag arrived so mine is in the post now. I'll let people know if they do indeed repair it!

Just time for one last video to show you that 5th crack propagated all the way across the bezel.

Edited by sang3eta, 21 May 2013 - 12:50 PM.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Wanna see cracks? I'll show you cracks!

#XouOnlyLiveOnce

#XouOnlyLiveOnce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:#XOLO X900 (Stock ICS)
I guess the reason for cracks is heating i.e thermal expansion..

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Onion skin weathering probs. when u use its hot when you don't it cools. Hahahahhahaha lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users