Blade 3 Development

Guest Zainster

Guest robt77

Thanks, I tried to disable FM but I only had edited one of the two lines :wub: I have finally worked out why the patches weren't working, the files in framework base in the ROMs I was compiling were different than in CM so have started to manually edit the files and will see how I get on. Starting to make a bit of sense now. Thanks again for your help

• 1 month later...

sorry to bump an old thread but seemed the best place to post it, I tried to do another build of Pac-man-10.2,managed to apply the FM patches for once. it builds fine with no errors but after installing it, I get past the zte blde 3 splash screen and then it goes straight to a black screen, adb ogcat can be found here http://pastebin.com/CtZLXApU

The main errors that show up are E/auditd ( 501): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported & W/dalvikvm( 506): PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS failed. Is your kernel compiled correctly?: Invalid argument

Does anyone have any ideas, am googling but not much luck at the moment to pin down the problem

Edit, the issue is to do with selinux being enabled on my build and our kernel not supporting it, some progress

Edited by robt77

Yeah, the auditd thing is annoying but it doesn't cause issues other than log spam. You can either remove the binary from build (that's what I've done) or remove the service from init.

Your actual error is caused by this but it has already been fixed by this.

Yeah, the auditd thing is annoying but it doesn't cause issues other than log spam. You can either remove the binary from build (that's what I've done) or remove the service from init.

Your actual error is caused by this but it has already been fixed by this.

Thanks that makes sense, basically to make my life easier I forked your legacymod frameworks/native as there was some files that needed amending and I had not pulled in your upstream changes.

Stupid question time, How do I remove the binary from the build or remove the service from init? I first tried to remove the binary by deleting the auditd folder and the auditd.te file but the build failed the error was missing the file that I had deleted... I also looked through all the init files and couldn't find the service relating to the auditd. Sorry for the stupid question... Even though I updated the frameworks/native any build I do, after flashing, it gets past splash screen and it then goes back with same errors on the logcat.

You revert either (or both) of the changes that added it. But like said, it doesn't prevent your device from booting even if you had it. At worst, it only causes spam in your logcat.

If you still have the same error, you haven't updated framemeworks/native properly. Previous error was caused by what I already linked and nothing else. FYI if you're using framemeworks/native from legaCyMod with the latest changes, you also need to have this patch in your build or add "ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true" to your BoardConfig.mk.

• 1 month later...
I seemed to manage to apply the FM patches successfully and build PAC-man4.22, the FM App is there but it just force closes.  Below is the logcat from when I tried to turn on the FM App

D/FMService( 5592): ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG Intent received
D/FMService( 5592): mReceiver: ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG
D/FMService( 5592): ==> intent: Intent { act=android.intent.action.HEADSET_PLUG flg=0x40000010 (has extras) }
D/FMService( 5592):     state: 0
D/FMService( 5592):     name: No Device
D/FMService( 5592): audioManager.setFmRadioOn = false 
D/FMService( 5592): In stopFM
I/HeadsetService(  804): Headset=false; Bluetooth=false
D/FMService( 5592): FMRadio: sending the intent
I/HeadsetService(  804): Selected configuration: speaker
D/FMService( 5592): audioManager.setFmRadioOn false done 
V/AudioService(  469): FM Intent received
D/FMService( 5592): in stop
D/AudioPolicyManager7627a( 4511): turning off Fm device in Mode 3
W/AudioPolicyManager7627a( 4511): setDeviceConnectionState() device not connected: 80000
D/FMRadio ( 5592): mServiceCallbacks.onDisabled :
D/FMRadio ( 5592): Debug:Stopped Recording
V/WiredAccessoryManager(  469): Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SWITCH_STATE=1, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/h2w, SEQNUM=1577, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=Headset}
V/WiredAccessoryManager(  469): newName=Headset newState=1 headsetState=1 prev headsetState=0
V/WiredAccessoryManager(  469): device Headset connected
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 4511): checkOutputsForDevice() could not open output for device 4
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 4511): checkOutputsForDevice() could not open output for device 4
D/FMService( 5592): ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG Intent received
D/FMService( 5592): mReceiver: ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG
D/FMService( 5592): ==> intent: Intent { act=android.intent.action.HEADSET_PLUG flg=0x40000010 (has extras) }
D/FMService( 5592):     state: 1
D/FMService( 5592):     name: Headset
I/HeadsetService(  804): Headset=true; Bluetooth=false
I/HeadsetService(  804): Selected configuration: headset
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: RadioBand   :4
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: Emphasis    :1
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: ChSpacing   :1
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: RdsStd      :1
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: LowerLimit  :87500
D/FMService( 5592): fmOn: UpperLimit  :108000
V/FMRadio ( 5592): enable: CURRENT-STATE : FMOff ---> NEW-STATE : FMRxStarting
D/FmTransceiver( 5592): Fail to Open -1
E/FMRadio ( 5592): enable: Error while turning FM On
E/FMRadio ( 5592): enable: CURRENT-STATE : FMRxStarting ---> NEW-STATE : FMOff
E/fmradio ( 5592): id(8000029) value: 1
E/fmradio ( 5592): setControl native returned with err -1
D/FMService( 5592): Error in toggling analog/digital path true
D/FMService( 5592): mReceiver.enable done, Status :false
D/FMService( 5592): in stop

Bit late now and will have a proper google research tomorrow but can anyone tell what I did wrong?

Guest KonstaT

I seemed to manage to apply the FM patches successfully and build PAC-man4.22, the FM App is there but it just force closes.  Below is the logcat from when I tried to turn on the FM App

What system/core are you using? Do you have this (patch)?

What system/core are you using? Do you have this (patch)?

I was using PAC's system core & not using the patch, have just amended manifest to use legacymod  system core instead, hopefully that should work. thanks for your help as always.

Worked like a charm  :D

Edited by robt77

• 2 months later...
Guest robt77

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread, been trying to build pac-man 4.4 and have been getting the following error make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.4/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

the full gog can be found here   http://pastebin.com/wXzGQK4d   Have repo synced and made clobber, am using the relevant LM replacements for frameworks/av & native the qcom display&media legacy, system/core etc but keep running into this issue.  Can anyone shed light as to what I am doing wrong? thanks