Hard Brick, any hope?

Guest BrtH

Today I reflashed my phone with the unofficial JB update, but it has given me a big problem. After I flashed the update I also flashed the custom kernel and the CWM recovery. But after I turned my phone off, it now won't turn on again. I charged the battery, so that's not the problem. If I connect the phone to my computer, device management says that the name of the device is QHSUSB_DLOAD, and that it can't find drivers for it.

I've searched around a bit already, but all that I can find, is that it's a hard brick and that there's only a recovery for some HTC devices. And of course, I've also tried holding various buttons while trying to boot.

Is there any way that this is repairable, because I'm really not happy to send it in under the warranty, because I don't want to lose my phone for weeks, and I don't know if they'll be willing to repair it for free if they find out about flashing the unofficial rom and kernel.

Edited by BrtH

Guest PhilippeRaimo

Mine had the exact same thing.. I powered it off and it never came back to life when trying to turn on with the battery about 15%.

It does not matter if you find drivers for QHSUSB_DLOAD, the phone is bricked and there is nothing you can do.

Just send it for replacement under warranty. That's what everybody else with the same problem did.

On htc sensastion / xl/ evo 3d and other, it is possible to repair.

Yes, I know that, I said that in my post. But these methods are all for one specific device, and not for this one.

• 3 months later...
Guest vrotmnenogi25

when i breaks samsung "heimdall" helps me to reflash it

I don't know anything about Шindoшs tools for android ;)

Edited by vrotmnenogi25