Help Trying to Build ROM from Source

Guest robt77

Guest robt77

Hi,

As topic suggests, I have been trying to build a 4.2.2 Rom for the blade3 from source as I would like to have the pacman and rootbox roms for our blade3 and rather just ask I thought I would give it a go. Unsurprisingly I have ran into an issue, I have been googling but so far with no luck.

I have set up the build environment fine, I have also downloaded the source for pacman from hit hub and used repo sync. I then cloned the device tree for our device.

The problem came after I made bacon it was starting to build but threw an error about the building of the kernel from binaries rather than source and to add rule. However after checking the wiki at CyanogenMod the file appeared correct? Does anyone know where I have gone wrong? This is my fist attempt at building from source

Guest Something Wierd

Sry i dont know much about building roms but i would love to see this one on our phone.Hope you would upload it once its finished.

Guest KonstaT

Did you clone the kernel source as well?

May I suggest that you start with something 4.1 jellybean instead. It should be straight forward as putting device/kernel/props repos in place and compiling. 4.2 requires all kinds of hacking outside the device specific trees to make it work.

For 4.1 jellybean you can just stick this to your workdir/.repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml and repo sync again. That will pull all the repos you need to build for our device.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- ZTE Blade III -->
<project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="jellybean" />
</manifest>
[/CODE]

Guest robt77

Did you clone the kernel source as well?

May I suggest that you start with something 4.1 jellybean instead. It should be straight forward as putting device/kernel/props repos in place and compiling. 4.2 requires all kinds of hacking outside the device specific trees to make it work.

For 4.1 jellybean you can just stick this to your workdir/.repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml and repo sync again. That will pull all the repos you need to build for our device.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<!-- ZTE Blade III -->

<project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="jellybean" />

<project path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" revision="jellybean" />

<project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="jellybean" />

</manifest>

Thanks for the advice KonstaT, I will give it a go

• 2 weeks later...