Any ROM better thAn CM9?

Guest Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

Lately I've heard some ROMs are actually better then CM9, if so, which are these ROMs and do they have these two options, they are very important to me because my power button is broken and CM9 has these options.

Volume Rocker Wake

Notification Bar Sleep

I'd be happy to switch to a better ROM then CM9 but only if it has these 2 options.

Guest pOcHa

baidu has volume wake, and double tap anywhere inside launcher for sleep, and is more feature rich then any other ICS rom (well the launcher is maybe not the smoothest if that is your priority)

also, should we be worried - did your's wear out from use?

Edited by pOcHa

Guest fr0do

I'm on stock+ and I use volume rocker wake patch and turn off screen app with a transparent icon. You could also set the turn screen off app to work from long pressing the menu button in Nova. (I use mine for the torch). Only reason I use the power button is to turn off the screen when I don't want to quit an app, but with it set to menu I wouldn't have to use it at all.

Edited by fr0do

Guest pOcHa

hey Gabriel94, we helped you out with your question, so why don't you answer us about the power button - did you bork it, or did it simply wear out from regular use (and does anyone else have this problem - should we start using volume wake just to avoid it)?

Guest mortmaru

I'm not really a fan of any of the roms for this phone I look at what is/has been produced for the original desire and the roms are so much better.

I would love roms like the ones mildwild produces for desire on this phone I find all the Huawei g300 roms are the same.

Guest Gabriel94

hey Gabriel94, we helped you out with your question, so why don't you answer us about the power button - did you bork it, or did it simply wear out from regular use (and does anyone else have this problem - should we start using volume wake just to avoid it)?

Thanks for the support, well while i was disassembling my phone, i broke the flex cable because i didnt have much experience, anyway it would be great to see in all roms volume rocker wake and notification toggles sleep.

Guest Hayder7

Lightning ROM 5.5 by Kyan. I tried both. It does not even compare! There is also a flashable FM add-on which really works. The camera works fantastically fluid smooth! :rolleyes: