- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

BrBean

BrBean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks, zloduh, but I have formatted /system in CWM before i flashed stock recovery, so I was unable to boot into Android OS and use ADB. Stock recovery provided here (ZTE-BladeIII-Stock-Recovery-ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B10) isn't for all devices. I did a little research and i found out that Hungarian firmware can be flashed trough this recovery. And now I have Hungarian firmware (but not for long :) )

Ko blazen

Ko blazen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
i found out what may be the problem.
open update.zip for you stock rom from your network and copy recovery.img file into a separate folder
take the recovery.exe application and unpack it ( it is a self extract exe i used total commander with crtl+f9)
replace recovery_original.img with your recovery.img and rename it to recovery_original.img as old one was
then run Recovery.bat and install original recovery
then enter recovery and flash your rom
let me know if it works for you

have the same problem
Installing the update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "P772N10_VIP"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Instalation aborted.

can you tell me what is the recovery.exe application and where to find it?

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:zte blade III
Does anyone fixed this issue ? I wastrying this option with recovery files but i am also not able to find recovery.exe....

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:nexus1, zte blade, galaxy tab
there is nothing to be fixed, you are just doing it all wrong.

In order to flash stock rom, you need to follow 2 rules:
1) you have to put stock recovery on the phone first. During the flashing process, it checks for stock recovery, if it's not there, flashing will fail.
2) you have to use stock recovery tool (download mode in other word) for flashing. To use that, start the phone while pressing VOLUME+

So, download the stock rom of your choice. Inside the zip file there is a recovery.img file. Flash it with adb/fastboot the same way you flashed cwm in the past, but this time, flash recovery.img. After that, copy the entire zip file in you sd card, start the phone with volume+ (to get to stock recovery tool - download mode) and flash the stock rom. That is the ONLY way to do it. Don't mess around with build.prop files or with recovery.exe application file.

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for your answear
I'm not sure what you mean by flashing recovery.img file with adb/fastboot. I am not able to start the phone normally because there is a message "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has stopped working"
so can't turn on the debugging usb mode. All I can do is to run my phone using power + vol+ and try to install .zip file. Could you explain me if your solution is still available in my situation and how exacly should I flash the recovery.img file.
Thanks in advance

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Try to start the phone with no sim and sd card in it, and see if you can go past this error so you can enable debugging

If that wont work, get into stock recovery and wipe data... Then start the phone. That might also fix that error you are getting with setup wizard, so you can start the phone and enable debugging

Edited by kogos, 11 June 2013 - 07:45 AM.

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Correct me if I'm, without debugging option i will not be able to fix the phone ?
I can not get into settings menu

Gozcu

Gozcu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade 3
Hello guys
Turkey fanning the flames avea rom my device I get the error status 7. :( I made rum Sweden was not a problem. :)
What should I do. <_<

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Can sbd who had this problem give a link to rom that he could install ?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Correct me if I'm, without debugging option i will not be able to fix the phone ?
I can not get into settings menu

You most certainly won't be able to 'fix' your phone if you can't explain what you're doing and why? And what you have done to 'break' your device? What ROM you have installed? What recovery you have installed?

You can do a factory reset in stock recovery as well and it sounds like it should be enough in your case. You can also install stock ROM updates in stock recovery (as long as you're installing a stock ROM that matches the stock recovery on your device).

Hello guys
Turkey fanning the flames avea rom my device I get the error status 7. :( I made rum Sweden was not a problem. :)
What should I do. <_<

You should take it to the stock ROMs thread. This thread is absolutely useless...

Everything is explained in the first post there. It's also explained in kogos' post few posts up. Simply learning to read usually helps. :P

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have installed
[DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

It was fine but then I have installed gapps for CyanogenMod 10.0 (Android 4.1.2) and after that when i turn on the phone it always want me to accept this message about
Setup Wizard or gapps process
When I was installing these roms I used this instruction http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/
Now I have tried many stock roms but every time i get this error
Installing the update...
(Status 7)
Instalation aborted.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

I have installed
[DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

It was fine but then I have installed gapps for CyanogenMod 10.0 (Android 4.1.2) and after that when i turn on the phone it always want me to accept this message about
Setup Wizard or gapps process
When I was installing these roms I used this instruction http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/
Now I have tried many stock roms but every time i get this error
Installing the update...
(Status 7)
Instalation aborted.

You've installed 4.1 Google apps to a 4.2 ROM. No wonder. Only use packages that you find in the first post of each ROM thread.

So you still have ClockWorkMod installed? Wipe data and install any custom ROM again. You can't install stock ROMs with custom recovery. There's a big red text that says so in the ClockWorkMod thread as well as the stock ROMs thread!

You've installed some stock recovery? WHY? Which one? You can only flash stock ROMs that match the stock recovery on your device.

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for answear KonstaT
I dont have clockwordmode recovery installed or i don't know how to run it. When I use power + vol+ starts stock recovery....
I was trying to install stock roms from zte for my country (Poland) but i doesn't work then i have downloaded some roms from http://www.modaco.co...iii-stock-roms/
Let me know if there is a way to find out which stock rom matches my recovery.
Or maybe there is a way to install clockworkmode without enabling usb debugging so i will be able to install custom rom then
PS. Wiping data or factory reset don't do anything...

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
Err, you must have had (still have?) ClockWorkMod recovery installed or otherwise there's no way you've installed CM10.1 and the wrong gapps package for it. You can't flash custom ROMs with stock recovery (and you can't flash stock ROMs with custom recovery).

You can boot into ClockWorkMod by holding either volume up or volume down pressed while powering on. With stock recovery volume down takes to FTM mode and volume up to recovery menu.
  • mounts and storage -> format system
  • wipe data and factory reset
  • install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> customrom.zip
If you've installed stock recovery back after all that, you should know which recovery you've installed. In adb shell you could do:
getprop | grep ro.product.name

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I definitely have the stock recovery because pow and vol- btn takes me to the FTM mode and pow and vol+ takes me to
Android system recovery <3e> which has these options:
reboot system now
apply update from external storage (which always fails with stock roms giving error status 7)
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache
md5 check

To install CWM recovery I used this solution http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/
but cwm recovery launched only once and after system reboot when pressing pow and vol+ stock recovery starts....

I couldn't check this product name i was trying with:
adb getprop | grep ro.product.name
And then I got

'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Edited by krzysztofbe, 12 June 2013 - 06:22 AM.

Gozcu

Gozcu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade 3
Thank you. :)

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Since you have stock recovery, you can indtall the stock rom from which the stock recovery came with. If you dont know the stock rom that you used recovery from, get into stock recovery, wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache. That should be enough to clear everything you installed, and start the device to enable debugging and flash stock recovery again with adb, and stock rom after that with stock recovery. Keep in mind it will wipe all your data.

krzysztofbe

krzysztofbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Since you have stock recovery, you can indtall the stock rom from which the stock recovery came with. If you dont know the stock rom that you used recovery from, get into stock recovery, wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache. That should be enough to clear everything you installed, and start the device to enable debugging and flash stock recovery again with adb, and stock rom after that with stock recovery. Keep in mind it will wipe all your data.

I have done this many times (wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition) but no effect system still shows messages
"unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" or "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"
and when i scroll to top bar to get to the settings menu it doesn't open...

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Then the only thing you can do is try all the stock roms and see which one can be flashed. Or just flash the one that came with the stock recovery you now have on your phone.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

To install CWM recovery I used this solution http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/
but cwm recovery launched only once and after system reboot when pressing pow and vol+ stock recovery starts....

I couldn't check this product name i was trying with:
adb getprop | grep ro.product.name
And then I got

'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Those instructions are how to root your device. It still doesn't explain how you got CM10.1 and gapps installed? That site terrible anyway, most of it is outdated or just plain wrong. No links given to original threads in this forum, no thanks nor credit given to those who actually made the recovery image/ROMs. :(

That's not right. After booting into stock recovery.
adb shell
getprop | grep ro.product.name

I don't see what's the problem anyway. You can access your device with adb on recovery or the first time you boot into CyanogenMod after a factory reset (while still in CM bootanimation).
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img
Proper instructions how to install ClockWorkMod.
http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/

Wiping /data doesn't help because there's wrong gapps installed on the /system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users