Who is going to buy the ZTE Grand S or X V987?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Anyone else looking forward to the ZTE grand S?

I cant wait till its sold in europe it looks like an awesome phone with great specs and it has a lot of potential they say the OS is a little laggy but who cares im putting on a different ROM anyway :D

But the battery is only 1780mah i cant imagine that it would last very long with such power so im thinking the little sister Grand x V987 might be a better deal because its very cheap and the battery is bigger and removable.

What are you guys going to buy?

Maybe JiaYu G4 advanced version with 2gb ram and 3000mAh battery. Manufacturer has some delays so I might change my mind until it's available...

Guest omegavesko

Stuck in a contract until at least early 2014. Far too early to make predictions. :L

That said, I'm probably going to try and find a second hand Galaxy Nexus (or, failing that, an i9100). A Galaxy Nexus is more than enough for my needs.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Wow that JiaYu G4 advanced looks like a really nice phone :o now im thinking about buying that one. When is the expected release date? And will it have a good scene? If the grand S is going to have a better battery i wouldnt even doubt buying that one.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

In May pprobably. Samsung didn't deliver 2gb ram chips on time.

It is expected that it will have as good scene as G3 has. Some users at xda are already getting money together to buy one for one of devs at xda.

Guest KonstaT

Maybe JiaYu G4 advanced version with 2gb ram and 3000mAh battery. Manufacturer has some delays so I might change my mind until it's available...

Huh, a MediaTek device? :o You already got tired to this CyanogenMod/SlimBean/ParanoidAndroid/RootBox/etc AOSP-based goodness? ;)

It is expected that it will have as good scene as G3 has.

Good scene = hacked stock ROMs?

Guest omegavesko

Huh, a MediaTek device? :o You already got tired to this CyanogenMod/SlimBean/ParanoidAndroid/RootBox/etc AOSP-based goodness? ;)

Good scene = hacked stock ROMs?

Yeah, that sounded a bit strange to me too. You're lucky if you even get root and modded stock ROMs on an MTK device, and you can forget about AOSP and newer Android versions than the one it comes with.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I still prefer the Grand S over the Jaiyu because of its design 1080p resolution and its CPU the only thing bothering me is the battery.

I guess it would be smart to wait for reviews when both phones are released. The only thing that makes the jaiyu so intersting is the battery.

And about the price if i order the phone online dont i have to pay importing costs? for example take this v987 LINK do i really only pay $315,99 wich is €246.33 that seems way to little if that is true the Jiayu would be even cheaper $248.99 wich is only €194 that sounds to good to be true :)

You will have to pay tax, probably. But a common practice is to ask the seller to declare lower price and perhaps a different type of the goods. Like e.g. mp4 player for 30usd. Or you can search for local reseller but the price should be expected much higher.

Guest trueno2k
You will have to pay tax, probably. But a common practice is to ask the seller to declare lower price and perhaps a different type of the goods. Like e.g. mp4 player for 30usd. Or you can search for local reseller but the price should be expected much higher.
Nowadays, import duty fraud is a lot harder to do these days, as the import tax staff are more vigilant with incoming parcels outside of UK!

TBH, it ain't worth the troubles! Just pay the tax and your item won't be confiscated.

Just my 2pence worth! ;-)

Guest zhanke

Anyone else looking forward to the ZTE grand S?

I cant wait till its sold in europe it looks like an awesome phone with great specs and it has a lot of potential they say the OS is a little laggy but who cares im putting on a different ROM anyway :D

But the battery is only 1780mah i cant imagine that it would last very long with such power so im thinking the little sister Grand x V987 might be a better deal because its very cheap and the battery is bigger and removable.

What are you guys going to buy?

please don't worry about the battery of the grand s , chinese users said that the battery can drive the phone about one and a half to two days !!!!

i am sure the zte engineer have tested the battery of this phone , and i will give you more information about the battery a few days later because this phone is just on sale , only a few of the buyers got their phones !!!

Guest Wacky.ddw

Did you order one? now i am doubting wich one i am going to take.

If you google the jiayu the presale is extremly cheap if its really going to sell at that price it would be a real good deal!

Still the grand s has a beautifull design beter cpu and most important 1080p display but i think its going to be at the expencive side.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest wizard.no.84

Pandawill date update:

Presell Product Lead-time:2013-05-15 00:00:00

Guess you were wright about that May :D

and good thing I canceled my order..

Guest Redstarr1

UMI X2 also looks nice! And the newman N2 gets good reviews. But i have my doubts about all these brands :P

It's not like ZTE is so much more trustworthy than Newman etc. They're equally Chinese. Only problem you'll likely face is a lack of updates because of the Mediatek chip. That's why I'd suggest getting something with a Qualcomm. They also drop support but not as quickly. Feeling kinda stupid that my Xperia S (with Snapdragon S3) is most likely not getting an official update to 4.2.2. Same story as with armv6 all over again. I should've bought something with a Krait but at the time the only phone in Belgium with Krait was the HTC One S. At least Sony has learned by now not to use soc's that are a year old.

Guest Wacky.ddw

The phones you buy now will allready have 4.2.2 i cant imagine they will get official support afterwards but if the root/costom rom scene can get it to work its the same for me :)

As far as i can find the ZTE grand S (v988) has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.7ghz processor but it allso seems that its going to be priced 3,399 yuan = $547= €425

while the Newman N2 is only $285 = €222 so you can buy 2 of those phones for the same price :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Nice man! I am still not sure wich one i am going to take. But i dont think its going to be the grand s for that price i can buy a THL and a Newman.

Wont jellybean come out on mediatek cpu or will it just take longer? Or wont it be ported by the scene like armv6?

Guest omegavesko

hello c3co

you have buy then thl w8 ?

you think make roms for the W8 ?

MTK chips are notoriously difficult to develop for. I wouldn't hold my breath.